Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35841 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 10:52:13 »

I see it as Power trusting Sherwood to do what he was essentially doing, allowing him to spend his time on Waterford/Montenegro.

But I suppose that's the problem - nobody actually knows what the dynamic at the club is.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 10:54:09 »

I see it as Power trusting Sherwood to do what he was essentially doing, allowing him to spend his time on Waterford/Montenegro.

But I suppose that's the problem - nobody actually knows what the dynamic at the club is.

Fuck has Power bought and entire County now?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 13:02:22 »

Dynamic isn't a term I'd associate with STFC atm.  We may not quite be at early to mid 80's atrophy yet....but it's going that way. January is going to be very much make or break. Luke says we'll be getting bodies in....I have zero confidence that they'll be the sort of thing required rather than more Rhys Sharpes.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 13:24:53 »

Its odd how Sherwood is supposed to being charge but does not face the media even when they request interview with him and always wheel out Williams win lose or draw.

I expected the communication to improve with the appointment of ASD as press officer, he knew what fans are wanting and may be able to try and put his own stamp on press offerings, and then with Sherwood and inviting the adver back was hoping things may change but at the moment nothing has, don't even know if Sherwood is at the club daily / weekly / at all
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 13:28:37 »

Have the club ever said that Sherwood is in charge?
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 13:29:58 »

I'm no expert but I cant imagine the wages fluctuate that much in the bottom two divisions. I bet there are L2 clubs paying players more than we do.

If rumours are true, there are non-league teams paying some players more than we pay some of ours
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 13:30:32 »

I expected the communication to improve with the appointment of ASD

I think he's doing his best. The problem was never with Tom Obswhatski (his predecessor).

I find ASD a little over enthusiastic at times but he has to serve his paymaster on what he's allowed to do. He's upped online player interview content (and lots of pointless dot emoji too Smiley ).

I do share your views on same old/SNAFU. But as I said earlier - all will be forgotten about the appointment if things go well in the January window. I don't yet share Reg's  view on the type of incoming recruitments - though it has to be said, everything that's happened up to now suggests I should do!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 13:33:06 »

Define "in charge". That's my interpretation of Power saying

"(Sherwood will)..head up all aspects, including transfers, the way we play, the formations and the picking of the team"

at least - on the football side of things anyway.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 13:33:43 »

If rumours are true, there are non-league teams paying some players more than we pay some of ours
Forest Green and Eastleigh certainly do!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 13:34:36 »

To be expected - I doubt they are doing it on breakeven, we (allegedly) are.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 13:36:46 »

Power did. Said he'll be responsible for recruitment, training, picking the team, tactics.

Sounds in charge to me.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 13:37:26 »

Yep, sounds like it to me as well. I couldn't remember that!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 13:40:33 »

But what's to be gained from Tim's 'invisibility'.

If we didn't actually know Sherwood was at the club, nothing seems to have changed one jot.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 13:42:26 »

But what's to be gained from Tim's 'invisibility'.

If we didn't actually know Sherwood was at the club, nothing seems to have changed one jot.

That's my point!

It could be that everything has changed on the football side behind the scenes. Just don't think the fans buy into it/see anything to give a bit of hope to without him doing some talking.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 13:44:07 »

Its odd how Sherwood is supposed to being charge but does not face the media even when they request interview with him and always wheel out Williams win lose or draw.

Is there actually any club where the DoF does come out and do the interviews and faces the media etc. Lots of clubs have Directors of Football that people have barely even heard of such as Jon Rudkin at Leicester, Txiki Begiristain at Man City etc. Even at our level Paul Trollope and Lennie Lawrence go everywhere as first team coach and DoF and it's primarily Trollope that does the 'manager' duties.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: