Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best Football Memories  (Read 20863 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 22:28:49 »

That Wrexham special was something alright.

There was fighting on the train when it was still stood in Swindon station before leaving!

Me and my mates had our carry outs stacked on the table when someone thumped me on the back of me head - turned round to have a go meself and after the kerfuffle some bastard had nicked all our booze.

The trained stopped - at Hereford I think - to take on more police and we got to the Racecourse just before half-time.

After the game it was mental in the extreme.

Youthful exuberance

Specials to Burnley and Carlisle later.

Forgetting Newport.
Topcat

« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 22:29:21 »

its amazing after all those years it still gets a mention especially as there was no rivalry between the two clubs and to take a special that far was something that would never happen now
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 22:35:20 »

The best has to be beating the Scummers with the smoke bomb goal and waiting on the Magic for the inevitable hordes charging down Shrivvy Road and despite being outnumbered really giving it to them fuckers - stick that up your yellow arse Eric.  
Followed by drawing with the Slave Traders to stop them getting in the play offs.
Beating Wolves 2-1 and dreaming of Wembley. Arsenal away. Liverpool away in the Prem. Drawing 2-2 at Stoke and dicking them in the replay Both wembley wins. Tranmere and Blackburn away in the play offs. Mansfield away to seal the Div 4 title under Macari.
It hasn;t all been bad.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 22:36:31 »

Speicals also to Aldershot, Blackpool, Exeter, Torquay, Wimbledon
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #34 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 23:21:59 »

Onuora's first game in charge at Doncaster in 2005. We lost 1-0 but there was something about that night that felt awesome.

went bottom of the league that day, was very surreal - found this photo the other day from it!

* n506351569_21759_692.jpg (63.7 KB, 604x294 - viewed 254 times.)

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 23:22:51 »

went bottom of the league that day, was very surreal - found this photo the other day from it!

I presume that's your "Whits on Tour" flag then?

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #36 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 23:24:02 »

it was, no idea where it is now though!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 23:28:13 »

I remember fuck all other than us all singing Iffy's name for 90 minutes, not sure any manager has ever had a better reception in his first match!

You can see my head in that photo. Fame!
kerry red

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 07:33:58 »

Specials to Burnley and Carlisle later.

Forgetting Newport.

I was on that Carlisle Special - we were stationary at Crewe station, I think, when there was an almightly explosion and some windows went in. Apparently a passing train had a door open and smashed into ours.

If that had been today the first thought would of been - Taliban!!

In Macari's season the best would be Mansfield and Cobblers away. Those Notts police, fresh from battling the miners, tried to take out their frustrations on the Town fans - real twats that day.

Always liked Macari's comment about the Cobblers game that it was 'worse than a Rangers/Celtic game'

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 08:08:40 »

Not so much because of the game itself, but going to Bramall Lane for our first ever game in the top flight was pretty special and something I'll always remember.

Charlton away in the playoffs was probably the most pure, unadulterated joy I've ever felt at a football ground when that final penalty went in.

kerry red

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 08:12:36 »

Very surprising nobody has mentioned the Leicester play-off final.

Maybe the PL isn't the promised land we like to think it is
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 08:21:38 »

But i have been at Dagenham and beat up by West Ham fans after a loss to non league Dags and also saw us dumped out away at non league Tooting.

I saw us thump Kettering away 8-0 and i honestly believe they have never recovered from that!

Seing Ketterings plight is sad...they used to be a real top non league outfit.

I saw us get thumped at Newcastle 5-0 when Gazza made his full debut.

Not all been brilliant Sonic. Crying

I was at all those games too leef Smiley but the Kettering was only 7-0 Wink I say only! some of the worst football violance I have ever seen at a game that day, along with the Hammers/Daggers fans away and at home in the cup.

The 8-0 against Bury was a great game but yes for me too the Arsenal game in the cup is the all time fave for me as I have said many times Smiley

So many great memories of Swindon over the years and hopefully so many more to come.

The old football specials in the 70's and 80's bring back happy memories too, Burnley, Palace, Carlisle, Liverpool and Wrexham on the train.....ace.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 08:28:06 »

I was on that Carlisle Special - we were stationary at Crewe station, I think, when there was an almightly explosion and some windows went in. Apparently a passing train had a door open and smashed into ours.

If that had been today the first thought would of been - Taliban!!

In Macari's season the best would be Mansfield and Cobblers away. Those Notts police, fresh from battling the miners, tried to take out their frustrations on the Town fans - real twats that day.

Always liked Macari's comment about the Cobblers game that it was 'worse than a Rangers/Celtic game'

I was sat in the seats next to the ones where the window went in at the start of the day but moved a coach back when my mates found us for better seats...very lucky and it was extremely lucky that nobody was badly hurt that day.

Mind you they did used to give us the oldest carriages possible for those specials most were straight out of the condemned line.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 09:40:26 »

I've had a couple of trips to Wembley that weren't bad!

They're obvious I know, but I'm suprised that we've gone 3 pages without mentioning them.

..never go back.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 09:45:36 »

I've had a couple of trips to Wembley that weren't bad!

They're obvious I know, but I'm suprised that we've gone 3 pages without mentioning them.

Summer of 69 mentioned the play-offs in 90 and 93 on page 1. I assumed the finals were probably included in both of those play-off instances.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: