Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City Matchday Thread & chitchat  (Read 17384 times)
DMC

« Reply #30 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 18:44:23 »

I quite like Morris chucking the odd hand grenade around. This season has been an ocean of shit and those responsible need calling out. If players have been unprofessional then they shouldn't be immune from that.
I agree i would just like to see him throw a few at a few more who deserve it rather than some lad who has been sat on the bench all summer and was trying to be moved on in January. Not quite sure what they are expecting from him and saying it so publicly won't help get him off the books. Call out some of the actual starting 11 for their absolte shite they have served up since January

Just worry we see him blaming or dropping someone every single week at the moment 
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 19:07:02 »

I agree i would just like to see him throw a few at a few more who deserve it rather than some lad who has been sat on the bench all summer and was trying to be moved on in January. Not quite sure what they are expecting from him... 

Maybe therein lies the problem. Maybe he's been on the bench all season because he hasn't applied himself in training. Maybe that's why they were trying to move him on in January. It's easy to say don't pick on the lad if he isn't playing but there has to be a reason why he isn't. Seemingly, it's to do with his commitment being below one hundred percent and that must be coming from areas like off the pitch activities or low effort in training, and so on.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
adje

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 19:12:27 »

Looking forward to this

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DMC

« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 19:17:00 »

Maybe therein lies the problem. Maybe he's been on the bench all season because he hasn't applied himself in training. Maybe that's why they were trying to move him on in January. It's easy to say don't pick on the lad if he isn't playing but there has to be a reason why he isn't. Seemingly, it's to do with his commitment being below one hundred percent and that must be coming from areas like off the pitch activities or low effort in training, and so on.
Why would you even put him on the bench if he isn't training and not in your plans? He left Jephcott out the squad the other week for him so that makes no sense tbh Bamboo
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 19:25:27 »

Why would you even put him on the bench if he isn't training and not in your plans? He left Jephcott out the squad the other week for him so that makes no sense tbh Bamboo

No it makes a bit of sense tbh, if you're trying to motivate him. By making him see/watch what he's missing out on. In this case, game time.

It's saying 'If you actually apply yourself properly then you might actually get on the pitch or even start a match.'  to him. It's quite simple, the lads school report would probably read something like;

'Tomi shows promise but lets himself down with lack of focus in all areas of his chosen career. If he applies himself better and fully commits then I'm sure he'll have success.'

Mr Morris, Head

-

'Tomi looks like a great prospect but he must try harder to realise his dreams.'

Mr Brand, Acting Deputy Head

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 20:16:28 »

When you look at Adeloye’s history, he’s 27 and had 15 clubs of which 13 were permanent moves. This all says he never settles anywhere, is a bit shit and probably doesn’t have the best attitude and Morris just seems to be confirming all this with his comments so no problem for me.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 20:19:39 »

When you look at Adeloye’s history, he’s 27 and had 15 clubs of which 13 were permanent moves. This all says he never settles anywhere, is a bit shit and probably doesn’t have the best attitude and Morris just seems to be confirming all this with his comments so no problem for me.

His CV is almost on a par with a Lloyd Opara or a Moses Ashikodi. More clubs than Tiger Woods.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 20:20:35 »

Journeyman!

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 20:21:25 »

And yet we gave him a two year deal in the summer and handed him the number 9 shirt. Some have speculated on good wages and all, but I have no idea on that one.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 20:22:45 »

And yet we gave him a two year deal in the summer and handed him the number 9 shirt. Some have speculated on good wages and all, but I have no idea on that one.

It really does have something of the Harry Redknapp about it...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 20:23:32 »

Sandro must have been good mates with his agent

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 20:29:35 »

I did look up his agency once, there's nothing obviously odd there, they just represent a bunch of fairly middling Scottish players and nobody else with any link to STFC. They deserve a pay rise though for sure.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 20:35:41 »

Fjortoft jr reckoned he was good when they played together.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 20:36:16 »

Raises question marks over our recruitment doesn’t it?! Not heard that one before…
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 06:56:13 »

Lord knows why but I've decided to go tonight...

What are we thinking in terms of the XI? I'm assuming FBT makes it and McE doesn't.

Brynn

Hutton             Brewitt                     Clayton             FBT

Khan                        Cain

Williams

RHM                  Austin                   Wakeling

And I'm reasonably confident Adeloye doesn't make the bench!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: