Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City Matchday Thread & chitchat  (Read 16959 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 12:28:29 »

I have felt that since Harrogate away TBH.

I've always found it quite strange that Adeloye has barely had a chance. When he's featured for the stiffs he's generally got on the scoresheet and been involved in the goals. Obviously JM sees him day in and day out in training and if his attitude is off then I guess it's fair enough. A shame because you only really expect goals from Charlie and RHM at the moment from the forwards. Jephcott seems shot. Maybe it's worth giving Abu Kanu 10-15 in the last few games if he's putting Tomi in the scrap pile.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 12:50:00 »

I feel like the Adeloye thing it must be similar to the ''Sol Pryce Problem''. In the similar vein that Adeloye played for Town and scored yet never really to be seen again. I think Pryce it was a similar scenario and maybe these players just don't think they have to train?

This was why Pryce ultimately ended up N/L. Seemed promising enough but you've got to be doing it on thee training ground too, otherwise it builds a sense of entitlement to be in the matchday squad/starting XI.

I don't think it's cunty from Morris at all, if the lad isn't pulling his weight in training then he isn't 100% committed and he needs telling as such. Goes two ways, he either realises he's not the next best protege and the words give him a kick up the arse or he thinks he's entitled to start, thus doesn't get selected and gets released.

Ability is one thing but application is what matters more.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 12:51:33 »

I quite like Morris chucking the odd hand grenade around. This season has been an ocean of shit and those responsible need calling out. If players have been unprofessional then they shouldn't be immune from that.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 12:57:54 »

Morris on Adeloye: "I think there are moments that you have to be 100% sure that everyone is (committed to the club). I am not 100% sure that he is."
Where did you see that? I didn’t see it in adver round up to pre match presser.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 13:02:10 »

From Total Sport Swindon reporter on Twatter.

I quite like Morris chucking the odd hand grenade around. This season has been an ocean of shit and those responsible need calling out. If players have been unprofessional then they shouldn't be immune from that.

Indeed although hopefully someone at the top is saying similar to Morris.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 13:03:34 »

It wasn't on the adver blurb, but tweeted out by Joe Acklam who is a journalist for Total Sport Swindon (thanks Horlock) He is the guy that does the Presser episodes with Rich P on the Loathed Strangers podcasts. To be fair to Joe, he does ask some fairly interesting questions, and tries to steer away from the standard press questions that get asked. Worth a listen if you aren't tuning in already.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 13:06:07 »

Bradford have sold over 500 from a tweet ive seen which is good going on a Tuesday night, might have more than us hahaha.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 13:53:43 »

I stumbled across an article from when Adeloye signed (posted a few weeks ago) and it was very odd - he basically seemed very irritated that he had to fall to such a level given his belief in his own talent.  I hadn't realised he started further up the food chain, especially as he has looked exceptionally shit whenever I have seen him play.  Will not be missed if he does decide to move on.  Given what i now know of his history, be very surprised if he turns it around.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 13:55:16 »

Got a soft spot for Bradford. Be genuinely pleased if they go up this season.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 13:57:37 »

So, give no fucks
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 14:09:52 »

Total Swindon presser coverage said that Dworzak has been ill since Morris came in - that’s quite a long time,
I wonder what that is all about? Must not be too bad if they have offered him a 2 year deal.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 14:11:04 »

Covid?
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 15:18:06 »

Another match ticked off towards the end of an awful season on the pitch and a summer where we can hopefully fix this mess.

It’s been horrible sitting through matches for the past few weeks (and longer really if we’re being realistic with ourselves) against the dross in this division and knowing our season is over. It will be nice to hopefully go to matches again with something riding on it rather than pre season friendly like atmospheres and all of us (including the players probably) begging for the season to finish quickly.

We’ll be able to tell early on. This year the mood went from talking about a push for automatics at the start of the season to accepting a hopeful play off push by November. Mindset needs to be anything below 3rd next year is failure.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 15:19:35 »

Anything below 3rd this season is a failure - hence, this season is a failure.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 15:20:38 »

Anything below 3rd this season is a failure - hence, this season is a failure.

Agreed
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: