Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wycombe wanderers V Swindon Town official matchday thread  (Read 40361 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #360 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:42:42 »

The biggest prickish thing he did was booking Marshall for being offside.

Yeah, that's what i thought and was disgusted. He took the ball down well, then got booked. Someone next to me said it was because he then kicked the ball away, which was what he was booked for, however, i didn't see him kick the ball away. Stupid none the less.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:44:59 »

Really. Our players didn't exactly surround the ref to protest, so assumed it was a good call.
That's what I thought at the time, but since then everybody I've heard from has said it didn't go in. I guess I'll have to wait until I've seen it on TV.
flammableBen

« Reply #362 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:45:05 »

Millwall 3 games in a row at this rate.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:45:32 »

I don't think he did kick it away? If he did then fair enough as he booked their player for the same thing. But he just seemed to control it and stop when the whistle went
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:47:29 »

Just seen the goals on SSN.

Revells didnt even go in.

That and Charlton's equaliser. Neither looked like they crossed the line.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Barry Scott

« Reply #365 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:50:10 »

I don't think he did kick it away? If he did then fair enough as he booked their player for the same thing. But he just seemed to control it and stop when the whistle went

Exactly what i saw. I just assumed that when someone said he kicked it away i must have been looking away or something.

Regardless it's Atwell and how the fuck that total shitcunt still gets to officiate at games is mind-boggling.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:53:51 »

Seems like dodgy officials and lack of luck again played a part today, but fundamently we couldn't even muster a shot on goal in the first half . Disappointed to have conceded right before half time for the third game in succession and again not managed to turn it round to a win.  Sounds like both Greer and Cuthbert were a bit shaky.  We are the most out of form team at the moment only picking up 3 points out of the last 12, but I'd rather be out of form now and find it just in time for the play-offs.  Let's hope the team can pick their confidence back up and pray they play like we know they can!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:57:35 »

Didn't really see Greer and Cuthbert as shaky myself, most of the problems seemed to stem from midfield. But what do I know!
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #368 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:03:52 »

revell......enjoy league 2 you fuckwit!!!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:06:20 »

That co-commentator sounded a right drip on the radio.

Clueless! Wink
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:07:15 »

Didn't really see Greer and Cuthbert as shaky myself, most of the problems seemed to stem from midfield. But what do I know!

Danny in his interview said many of the problems stemmed from midfield especially leading up to the first goal.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:10:45 »

To be honest I think Ward, Ferry, Douglas and Austin could do with a rest at Millwall assuming as likely there is nothing in it for us. They are absolutely superb but have looked tired the last few games.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:13:50 »

I thought Greer was good today,basically the only one of our players who performed first half.Second half was a good performance I thought ,we looked dangerous every time we attacked.McGovern MOTM for me today and Marshall made a huge difference.Paynter was a bit lucky to stay on after headbutting their twat but apart from that looked back to his best.How that cheating twat Ainsworth got mom christ knows.He was diving all game and didnt even get booked for a terrible late challenge on Lucas then 20 seconds later,Marshall got a yellow for nothing.I dont think its all doom and gloom for the play-offs,although we haven't been winning we've showed some guts and character by coming from behind in recent games and those are the type of sides that do well in the play-offs.I think Id rest Charlie now until the play-offs.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:13:59 »

Just back.

Very frustrating game again, don't think we even registered a shot in the first half. A poor first half took a turn for the worse when Wycombe scored just before half time, but once again our midfield failed to pick up the runner (Bloomfield or whatever). Second half we came out with more desire, and did play some neat football at times, getting it out to the flanks, and JP certainly was instrumental. Marshall again put in a good shift. Overall, i'm disappointed not to have won, as i think we had enough chances, but i'm also relieved not to have lost, Lucas kept us in it good and proper today, proving why he's rated so highly.

On another note, Paynter and Sheehan would probably have both been sent off had it been any other referee, Sheehan kept on and on at the officials, whilst Paynter clearly headbutted their player. It also seemed one of our players (Austin?) was booked for being offside?

Next game we need Amankwaah and Lescinel in at full back, Sheehan's balls are the same every time, and Darby just doesn't have the physical prescence or attacking tenacity that Big Kev has.

Only positive was our ability to come from behind twice, although the discipline of the players today was poor.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:16:36 »

I thought Super Kev looked a bit bewildered

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: