Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wycombe wanderers V Swindon Town official matchday thread  (Read 40366 times)
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #330 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:23:21 »

if your suck in the car park beep your horn.......
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #331 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:25:19 »

Never listen to grapevines...they are ALL available for the playoffs.

I am pretty sure that Sheehan is not available for the play offs as his 3 months loan finishes the day after the end of the season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:25:46 »

what did he say?

Basically, miles below where we want to be.  There were five "Roy of the Rovers" out there, 90 yard passes aren't going to do it.  Not defending at all well, collectively.  Slow reaction to the penalty save, too slow all round.   Not done and dusted, yet, will be prepared for slip ups.

Pericard slight strain.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:26:26 »

I am pretty sure that Sheehan is not available for the play offs as his 3 months loan finishes the day after the end of the season.

Sheehan isn't on a 3 month loan he's here until the end of the season like Ward and Ferry.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:30:32 »

Ritchie was the only loan signing that wouldn't have been able to play in the playoffs, all the others were season long loans or came here within 3 months (or whatever the limit is) of the end of the season (including the playoffs).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:31:06 »

thanks croz
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #336 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:32:29 »

Sheehan isn't on a 3 month loan he's here until the end of the season like Ward and Ferry.

Ah thats good then, I hope thats right Smiley

I was sure Fitton said something about him going back before the play offs though, I must have missheard.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:34:14 »

Billy on.

Didn't perform. Wycombe wanted it more.

Need hard work, it's between the ears, lads disappointed, one of those games.  No player goes out not wanting to do their best.

Lack of composure at 2:2, rushing things, Wycombe could have won it with one on ones against Lucas.

Paynter almost stated that auto is totally blown, seemed totally down and depressed.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:38:51 »

I'm feeling calm.  Disappointed 2nd is now gone (barring a highly improbable set of resultsnext week.)  Yes, we're wobbling.  But we've not gone to pieces.  We're drawing games...not losing badly.  And we do have time to pull ourselves out of the mini-slump before the play offs start.

Danny knows now to start getting us ready for the play offs.  Preparation starts here.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:43:59 »

Totally agree, the worst case scenario was losing out on second during the last game.  Wilson all but said it's over for auto, so it's all about preparation. He seemed pissed off about Pericard's slight strain. 

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:45:12 »

i have a nasty feeling we are not going to do it.i really hope this isn't a season of what could have been
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:49:49 »

Although he won't publicly say it Wilson knows that 2nd place is very unlikely.What he wants
and is now demanding from the players, are two good performances and getting back into the
good habits that have served us well this season.He believes that this,it would then stand us in
good stead for the play-off's.I happen to agree with him!

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:51:02 »

Anything can happen in the play-offs. I don't think form matters really.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:52:49 »

Anything can happen in the play-offs. I don't think form matters really.

Wilson is looking for some sort of momentum from performances in the next 2 games,rather than
results.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:55:40 »

We are not going to win another game if we lose discipline which was basically Danny's complaint.  Danny on the radio seemed to be spitting blood, and Paynter sounded like there had already been a good bollicking.

Danny said he is looking for good performances not necessarily victories, changes hopefulyfor Saturday.  The bench especially Pericard and Noouble have to be given the opportunity and need to take it.  It's time to rest the jaded midfield players, midfield was today a major complaint from Danny.  

Nobody seemed to mention that Wycombe were just about relegated with the draw today.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 16:59:03 by Crozzer » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: