Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New mobile phone  (Read 52835 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 19:43:43 »

Don't get a Blackberry, they were only made for emailing.

Utter rubbish.

Just got a Blackberry 9700 and it's the best phone i've had by a mile.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 23:05:43 »

FWIW, El Reg pretty much soiled themselves over the Desire:

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2010/04/06/review_phone_htc_desire/
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 14:08:45 »

Utter rubbish.

Just got a Blackberry 9700 and it's the best phone i've had by a mile.

Very constructive. Why is it a good phone?

They most certainly were made for emailing, which is why all of the first users were businessmen. Also, have you noticed that it has a full QWERTY keyboard? A design feature to enable....

Undoubtedly good if you text a lot though, with the BBM feature too, very popular with girls and gays.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 19, 2010, 14:16:58 by oxford_fan » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 14:29:06 »

Well they all have QWERTY keyboards these days. Mobile phones were initially built just to call people, that doesn't make a Sony Ericsson or Nokia less of a phone does it?

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 15:04:02 »

I just got a samsung jet ultra.....but the email set up is a ball ache.....

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 15:22:54 »

Two further thoughts on the Xperia:

1) It's Sony's first effort at doing an Android phone, so for that reason alone is probably best avoided
2) It does have a bloody great camera/video capability on it. Generally, Sony do very good camera phones, if that's what floats your boat.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 15:42:05 »

Very constructive. Why is it a good phone?

They most certainly were made for emailing, which is why all of the first users were businessmen. Also, have you noticed that it has a full QWERTY keyboard? A design feature to enable....

Undoubtedly good if you text a lot though, with the BBM feature too, very popular with girls and gays.

A very constructive post yourself too mate!

''popular with girls and gays'' .

Twat.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 15:48:35 »

Well anyway, thanks for the feedback girls and gays. I think I will look at a couple of the HTC models and hopefully the Desire lives up to expectation in the flesh and it's free on contract in store.

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 15:54:26 »

I wouldn't get a HTC, all the gays have them around here and they're mainly for just sending E Mails and shopping online for skinny fit jeans.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 15:56:50 »

I wouldn't get a HTC, all the gays have them around here and they're mainly for just sending E Mails and shopping online for skinny fit jeans.

Phonosexuals
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 16:32:38 »

I've had a look and the HTC Desire looks a good bet. Lack of voice dialing could be problematic, I'm trying to see if there is an app to do it or similar.
The HD2 is a fantastic phone, it doesnt have the flashy apps the ipone had but it out performs the iphone hands down. 1ghz snapdragon processor  512mb Ram  4.3inch HD screen  only down site is onboard storage but does support up to 32gb micro SD card.
Another down side to some would be its size, it is slightly larger than the iphone, but it had to be due to its massive screen.

Ive been reading up on the  htc desire and it does seem a good bet, or maybe wait for the HD2 Mini,.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 19, 2010, 16:34:58 by Chubbs » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 19:44:01 »

It would appear an employee of Apple left a prototype of the new iPhone in a bar, I imagine they are now an ex employee:

http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

The big problem with the iPhone is the cost as its unlikely you'll get one for free with a contract. Though other than that I reckon it is still hard to beat, especially if you've already got an iPod (which you can get rid of when you've got an iPhone).

Talk Talk

« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 20:00:09 »

I've still got the iNokia. Seven years old. Makes and receives phone calls. Sends and gets texts.

Meh.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 20:03:55 »

It would appear an employee of Apple left a prototype of the new iPhone in a bar, I imagine they are now an ex employee:

http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

[cynic]

Cheap advertising for Apple

[/cynic]
Barry Scott

« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 20:10:00 »

I upgraded for the first time in about 7 years or so, got a Razr when they first came out and was on my forth until i decided i needed to try out some new tech. I got a blackberry, with a free X-Box.

I love it and to say why to OF, i can't. I haven't used anything modern (i use a phone for phoning, a camera for photos and i have a computer for email!) so i'm only comparing it to an old Motorola. I also find the iPhone a bit too much to be honest, as i said i want a phone, not a mobile entertainment centre. Plus every bastard owns one. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: