Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 30816 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 16:01:09 »

A name from the past, I forgot we owe him money or is it the old board owe him, all got a bit confusing in the end.

It's the football club and the old holding company. If the club lose then I have no isdea who owes whome what. The Wills have offered an indemnity on the outcome. I'm not sure if that means they pay everything, or part of costs or what.

Nobody owes anyone anything yet mind,  got to wait for the case to be heard.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 16:02:21 »

Whilst the bigger income for being good in L2 rather than bad in L1 may be true,  I cant see our owners thinking like that at all for several reasons.

1. Its very short termist. They have already said they are here with a long term plan and relegation just makes that harder to achieve

2. Theres no guarantee that we would be any good in L2. OK, we did alright last time and generally were considered the biggest club in the league at the time, but the likes of Bradford and famously the Pox made fucking hard work of league 2
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 16:02:59 »

People will get off their arses to watch a winning side.

We'd get more fans in if we were at the top of L2 than the bottom of L1.

Infact we probably did but I cant be arsed to check.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 16:03:37 »

I think this board thought we would be challenging for promotion this season. Good end to last season looked positive, Simon Cox signed, 5,000 season tickets sold, good pre-season against qualities sides. All the signs were there, but it didn't happen and we are nearly rock bottom. Going down was not in there plans, and getting higher gates in Division Two I do not think so.

I for 1 and my better half for 2 would not be renewing our season tickets for Div 2.
(Good I hear the do gooders say)

When you're smiling.........
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 16:03:57 »

I'd be devestated if we went to league 2 again.Last time we had the Wise/Power factor creating a Buzz. This time I am not so sure would as financially rewarding. Especially with the recession hitting people.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 16:04:42 »

Thats true DV.

But its only good for the clubs finances in the short term. We get promoted and end up back at square 1. Its pointless.  And theres no guarantee of getting promoted.

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 16:05:59 »

if we go down season ticket sales would slump big time.that said i think they will anyway next summer
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 16:08:26 »

It's the football club and the old holding company. If the club lose then I have no isdea who owes whome what. The Wills have offered an indemnity on the outcome. I'm not sure if that means they pay everything, or part of costs or what.

Nobody owes anyone anything yet mind,  got to wait for the case to be heard.

The football club is the liable party because it is the legal entity that did/didn't take the cash in exchange for shares/loan.

Should the club lose the court case, i.e. the judge rules in favour of Power's money being a loan, the £1.25 million will be payable from the football club. But there are guarantees in place from the Wills family which were part of the sale & purchase agreement.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 16:08:56 »

of course they will, we'll never sell 5,000+ season tickets again
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 22:15:53 »

of course they will, we'll never sell 5,000+ season tickets again

Not unless they do a Bradford/Huddersfield.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #205 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 22:28:08 »

Our promotion from Div 4 a couple of seasons ago was the flattest prmotion season ever. We flopped over the finishing line but it was nothing like other promotion seasons. There wasn't a great buzz around the place.
Being relegated would be a disaster. our gates would have dived this season had most people not signed up for a ST. In fact, pricing next season could be good fun. Even if they kept prices the same my guess is we'd be lucky to sell much more than 3k regardless of division.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 22:30:40 »

Yeah it was strangely subdued-I think because we were embarrassed to be there in the first place

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 09:13:51 »

Contract Negotiations have started....

TOWN have opened discussions with top scorer Simon Cox about extending his contract at the County Ground.
The 17-goal frontman has 18 months left on his current deal, but chairman Andrew Fitton has set the wheels in motion to add another year to Cox’s stay in Wiltshire, and is confident of tying things up within the next couple of months.
Fitton confirmed that Cox was the subject of an unsuccessful bid from a League One rival last week, believed to be around £500,000, and revealed that no-one is expecting the former Reading man to be heading for the exit door any time soon.
He told the Advertiser: “If Simon Cox moves, it will be the right move for the development of his career.
“I have always told him that I would be honest if any bids came in for him. I kept my word and I think he was surprised by it.
“But he’s happy where he is and doesn’t see a need to move at this point, unless the absolute right move for his career comes up.
“I have informed Simon that we would like to open discussions on extending his contract, and I think it was received favourably by him. This happened before we received any bid for him.
“I would like to get something tied up before the end of the season and I would be hopeful of it happening sooner rather than later.
“We don’t want to get into very long contracts. We don’t want people sitting on five-year deals because the club has suffered in the past from people sitting on contracts. In the current circumstances I think a three-year contract is more than enough for players.”
Fitton has identified five other Town players with a view to extending their contracts, and has started discussions with “two or three” of them.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 09:24:38 »

Very happy with them talking to Cox about a new deal but who are the other 5 he has identified? surely no one else has earnt the right to be discussing a new contract as yet.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 09:30:56 »

Very happy with them talking to Cox about a new deal but who are the other 5 he has identified? surely no one else has earnt the right to be discussing a new contract as yet.

Probably Easton, Brezovan... not sure on others unless they are some of the kids (did they sign 1 year deals?)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: