Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stayaway fans  (Read 7286 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 20:53:33 »

I noticed on the Rivals boards that Reg has been making some very good points about people who don't come to the games for a variety of reasons possibly damaging the club etc.

Anyway, it struck me just how many people on the various STFC forums are always moaning yet refuse to come to the games. If you can't afford it or you have to make a long journey every week, then I can understand - even if it doesn't stop loads of others - but what's the point?

Frankly, I've got zero time and no respect whatsoever for people who refuse to support the club both financially and from the stands simply because they don't like our manager, our board, the ticket prices, the hotdogs in the Arkells stand, whatever. Whilst everyone has got a right to say what they think on the forums, their opinions hold very little weight with me.

What disturbs me even more is fans of 30-40 years who are giving up hope, why?

Just a rant. Stayaway fans can fuck off.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 21:28:29 »

the hot dogs in the arkells use to fall apart...crap bun!

anyway, stayaway fans do frustrate me but guess thats there decision. shouldn't say really that there swindon fans if they don't give a damn.
Asher

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 21:32:12 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
I noticed on the Rivals boards that Reg has been making some very good points about people who don't come to the games for a variety of reasons possibly damaging the club etc.

Anyway, it struck me just how many people on the various STFC forums are always moaning yet refuse to come to the games. If you can't afford it or you have to make a long journey every week, then I can understand - even if it doesn't stop loads of others - but what's the point?

Frankly, I've got zero time and no respect whatsoever for people who refuse to support the club both financially and from the stands simply because they don't like our manager, our board, the ticket prices, the hotdogs in the Arkells stand, whatever. Whilst everyone has got a right to say what they think on the forums, their opinions hold very little weight with me.

Sonic, hope your sitting down, cos I have to say I totally agree with that post 100% (is that a first?)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 21:57:43 »

They aren't fans in my eyes.
Spud

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 22:01:51 »

Fans who dont go to games have fucked off.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 22:02:19 »

I agree, but they can't fuck off.  This club needs every penny it can get, and every fan it can get.  If sacking King means attendances will rise by a sizeable amount, surely it's another nail in his coffin?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 22:04:19 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

Doesn't stop them moaning on the forums mind. The Rivals board in particular.
Spud

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 22:11:25 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

Doesn't stop them moaning on the forums mind. The Rivals board in particular.

If they go to the games then surley they have a right to moan at the shite weve played this season.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 22:20:01 »

My point was that people who don't come to the games out of choice and use King et al as an excuse for not attending can fuck off. Those loyal fans - of which we have many - who watch us home and away can moan all they want, people who don't go yet still moan are cunts.
Spud

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 22:23:19 »

Well i still go although i do feel like not bothering sometimes. Sad
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 22:53:26 »

the hot dogs in the arkells use to fall apart...crap bun!

The voice  of the true fan
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 23:13:24 »

There's no excuse for not going to every single match...ever  Wink
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 23:14:12 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
There's no excuse for not going to every single match...ever  Wink

Even with King in charge?. :?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker