Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stayaway fans  (Read 7362 times)
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 12:47:44 »

Quote from: "adje"
Quote from: "Piemonte"
Quote from: "Titch"
Quote from: "Nomoreheroes"
This might sound patronising, but as you grow older your priorities change.

NMH

Agree with that totally NMH.  I have found myself slowly over the last few years finding football dropping drastically in importance.  It really has now come to the stage where as i no longer enjoy i am think why bother.

We all go to football out of a sense of loyalty these days rather than particularly enjoying it, at least that is how it feels to me at least.  And to be fair thats fucking stupid, i can think of much better things to spend my hard earned money on, and also do things that i enjoy a damn site more at the moment.

Priorities do change as you get older.  I have a mortgage, a Mrs, a good job, my own work, family.  All of these are worth much more than football.  What do i do?  Do i go and watch a game of football, not enjoy it and go home depressed or do i stay home in my nice house, spend the money on something nice for the house or a nice meal, or go shopping.  At the moment I think i know what i am going to choose.

I have been a loyal supporter/ season ticket holder (until this season) for over 10 years since i had my own money so it pains me to say this but i really am seriously considering whether to continue with it all. Sad

I'm sorry Titch, you've always seemed like a decent fella on here BUT "buying something nice for the house" over fooball? WTF???

I know we are shit and all is not well at STFC but frankly I'd rather go and watch Oxford then spend my saturdays buying coffee tables in fucking Ikea with the Mrs.

Well said Pie-"New Men?"-Tossers!!

Well that's a very intellgient argument to it isn't it? Twat!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 12:48:55 »

ooooh-that hurt!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 12:50:16 »

Soapy Tit Wank

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Asher

« Reply #33 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 12:57:26 »

I think when you get older things change, if I had a kid this year say, I dont know if I could justify £200 a month going to watch town when I have to buy stuff for the baby?!?! I guess it effects everything like drinking going out, buying clothes all sorts.  Simple answer - Dont have kids
Spud

« Reply #34 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 13:01:57 »

Quote from: "Asher"
I think when you get older things change, if I had a kid this year say, I dont know if I could justify £200 a month going to watch town when I have to buy stuff for the baby?!?! I guess it effects everything like drinking going out, buying clothes all sorts.  Simple answer - Dont have kids

My mate had a kid and it was born a couple of years back on the 1st Home game of the season, i told him that it was a poor excuse for not attending the game.
Asher

« Reply #35 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 13:03:34 »

ha ha bit harsh but also very true!
Spud

« Reply #36 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 13:09:53 »

Quote from: "Asher"
ha ha bit harsh but also very true!

He knew i was mucking about. Smiley
red macca

« Reply #37 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 13:49:38 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
There's no excuse for not going to every single match...ever  Wink
i dont go but i still get programes shirts etc think i have every right to moan still
Asher

« Reply #38 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 13:58:33 »

Quote from: "deanored"
Quote from: "simon pieman"
There's no excuse for not going to every single match...ever  Wink
i dont go but i still get programes shirts etc think i have every right to moan still

what is the point in that
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 14:04:00 »

If i remember rightly deonored has been banned from the games.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spud

« Reply #40 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 14:05:43 »

Quote from: "larwood"

If i remember rightly deonored has been banned from the games.

You cant knock him for not going then.
Asher

« Reply #41 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 14:06:16 »

thats fair enough then
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 14:22:55 »

I felt sorry for deanored when i first read it,now though i feel a bit jealous,he has the bets reason not to go. Smiley

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
red macca

« Reply #43 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 14:34:36 »

Quote from: "larwood"
I felt sorry for deanored when i first read it,now though i feel a bit jealous,he has the bets reason not to go. Smiley
dont feel jealous  for me i really wish i could go still..i would pay whatever still to go...like they say you dont realise what you got til its gone soapy tit wank
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 15:39:55 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"
Quote from: "Nomoreheroes"
This might sound patronising, but as you grow older your priorities change.

NMH

dam right.

i do my best to travel to football when/where i can but now living in brum, having one car between 2 and also paying bills/loans etc takes it's toll so other prorities come into it. Especially now i'm about to buy a new house etc.
I've said before if i lived back where i was from i would be there week in week out (cos i would get a lift with Ralphy)

i don't go cos of who is in charge etc or how the club is run i go cos it's the football club i have supported through thick and thin (i was there in 1990) and will continue to do so no matter what. The fact we now have an inept manager in charge still wont stop me.  

Keep the red flag flying high......................

like I said mate, those with extenuating circumstances such as work, expenses and personal reasons are fine by me, it's the people who have the choice to go but hide behind pathetic reasons like "I don't like King" or "the tickets are too expensive" when really they just can't be arsed. It's when these same people turn round and moan at the team/performance/manager/board but can't be bothered to show up and support the team that bothers me.

I think the vast majority of people on these forums go to games, if they don't they just post in the non-footy sections.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: