Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adam Birchall  (Read 45147 times)

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 10:24:41 »

You don't make it as a pro if you don't put effort in. It takes years of dedication and work to make it.
Location is a factor for plenty of transfers too.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 10:43:25 »

I think living in the terraced houses around the ground went out aroud the time of the the 6 days to saturday film.  I'd be very surprised if a player cant find a nice gaff to live in around the beautiful environs of Wiltshire and the adjoining counties.  You'd be surprised how many people I have spoken to around the country on my travel who think Chippenham is beautiful.  There's a lot worse places to live than around this county.    

Never knowingly overstated.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 10:45:08 »

There's a lot worse places to live than around this county.    

Speaking as someone who lives in Croydon I completely concur!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 10:45:20 »

What a pile of cynical negative cack.

Hardly.

Lucas has just used the same excuse to get away.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 10:49:06 »

Speaking as someone who lives in Croydon I completely concur!

South Croydons fine, where are you?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 10:52:45 »

South Croydons fine, where are you?

In fairness I am at the nice end down in Purley now, but was just making a general comparison in agreement with gk_nash's point.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:01:38 »

Hardly.

And a few of our other players. I saw Rose moaning on Twitter a few days back about his legs were sore from the running. Bet he hasn't even done half of the amount Di Canio has put our players through.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:02:53 »

Hardly.

So Lucas wants a move back up north, so Adam Birchall is lazy...ah, I see your point now.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:06:26 »

So how are Hull able to field a team?

Or Bradford, Middlesbrough, Luton, etc.... Swindon isn't that bad at all, there's some lovely areas to live in here and as many have mentioned the Cotswolds are only down the road.

It does depend on ££, of which I'm certain we CAN offer him more (doesn't mean we will, of course) and how ambitious he actually is. If you listen to Wray and Di Canio they've both said pretty much the exact same thing, they want to win and be champions. The core of Wimbledon's promotion winning team has been ripped apart already, their aim surely is just to survive next season?!

I'm trying not to be arrogant here but we're a much bigger club, more money behind us, bigger crowds, more potential, better stadium, higher profile manager who is about as ambitious as they get... The only thing I can really think of that would swing it Wimbledon's way is it's closer to home.  
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #174 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:07:04 »

So Lucas wants a move back up north, so Adam Birchall is lazy...ah, I see your point now.

Think Prutton.

A highly rated player, why did he come to Swindon last year?

It would seem he came to Swindon to have a bit of a doss with his mates.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:07:25 »

DV is (could be) spot on though.

If the players feels he'll get an easier ride elsewhere then, depending on the player, he might choose to go there instead.

Birchall's attitude is key.  We would be the more ambitious signing in my view - but not the safer one.

We may be able to edge it on dosh if we choose but Wimbledon is commutable for AB with a few nights at the local Premier Inn. 

Terry Brown is a manager with whom Birchall or at least his footballing contacts will be familar.  Brown has a great non-league record and he can be respected (rather than held in awe or even feared like PDC?).  As Graham Westley at Stevenage has shown,  a step up to the Football League need hold no fears these days.

AB seems to be a gutsy player and is of an age where we offer more potential if he really has the ambition.

Time will tell what Birchall is made of but I must admit I like the prospect of him joining us, especially if we find a good target man.

jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:09:05 »

My point is, why automatically tar all players with the same brush based on nothing more than your own bitterness ...that was the cynicism I was referring to in DVs first post....
Give the guy the benefit of doubt for fucks sake.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:12:41 »

My point is, why automatically tar all players with the same brush based on nothing more than your own bitterness ...that was the cynicism I was referring to in DVs first post....

DV cynical?! Well there's a first!!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #178 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:14:43 »

Only players that are ours getting the benefit of the doubt.

Anybody else is just a cunt.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:34:23 »

No, Lucas wants to move away from Swindon because he afraid of the hard work Di Canio expects from in, the wanting to move back up north is just a bullshit cover story. If he and his family were that settled and in love with the North then why uproot them to come down to Swindon in the first place? good money and an easy ride?

Could be the same with Birchall - could come to Swindon and fit in with Di Canio's style and system or could go to Wimbledon were he wont be worked as hard with lower expectations levels. Fuck all to do with family imo.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: