Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adam Birchall  (Read 45147 times)
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 19:45:59 »

Le Fondre stuff bollocks surely.

Bolton have accepted a 6 figure sum for Danny Ward. Which makes me feel a bit sick.

From whom?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 19:47:14 »

We love you really Leef Cool

Just out of interest though (and maybe this will make you feel better Wink) here are Crawley's signing so far...

In: John Akinde (Bristol City, undisclosed), Jamie Day (Rushden & Diamonds, undisclosed), Hope Akpan (Everton, free), Tyrone Barnett (Macclesfield Town, undisclosed)

Akinde is dog shit. The others, I've never heard of (apart from Akpan when you started going into one Wink)

Here are Wimbledon's:

Huddersfield Arch ref Ward.

In: Jack Midson (Oxford United, free), Charles Ademeno (Grimsby Town, free), Chris Bush (Brentford, free)

Charles Ademeno, he's the bloke we tried to sign (ironically) from Crawley wasn't he? Obviously didn't set the world alight at Grimsby did he?

I tell you what my friend, I am not seeing too much there to be envious of. In the words of the song, don't worry, be happy Cool

Agree on Akinde though feel he could realise his potential one day,he played well v us for Rovers but cannot hit the proverbial barn door.
Would have liked Wes Thomas here who they signed off Cheltenham as i think he will score plenty.
The young lad from Everton was really highly rated and dodgy or not is a great signing in my opinion.
My thoughts on Burchill is that his record before Dover playing in the league is fairly poor in terms of goals scored so i will not be to disapointed if he dosn't sign.

I am happy,but a little worried.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 19:50:18 »

I am happy,but a little worried.

A lot of long standing Town fans, who I've spoken to, are also a bit worried Leefer.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 19:51:44 »

Look into this what you will...

Just clicked on Gary Rose's twitter and in the top left corner it said I should follow...Adam Le Fondre.

Weird but somethings obviously Swindon and ALF has been 'trending' quite a bit!!
Spencer_White

« Reply #124 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 19:56:09 »

From whom?

Anything over £200k for Le Fondre would be too much in my view.
Barry Scott

« Reply #125 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 19:57:24 »

Blimey Barry...my OPINIONS isn't a statement of me pretending to know more than you?...or others?

OK, I'll give you that (to a degree), but what you say is not stated as probable, but as a fact. This post of yours was in response to Ralphy saying Wimbledon won't be able to match our wages (which I think anyone would agree with as being highly likely).

Dosn't work like that Ralphy in the basement,we will have a strict wage structure at this level.
I mean even teams like Crawley are having a laugh at us at present.

Yes, there's a wage structure, but ours should smash Wimbledon's, which Ralphy implied, and you seemed to knock down, even implying Crawley are laughing at us.

Quote from: leefer
Seemed to have rattled your cage...so how do you know that they have been creative in there finances?...you dont it is your opinion not fact just as my statement was.

You did a bit, sorry. Smiley

It's pretty much a given that they've been creative with the finances. As you state in another post, we all have budget restrictions and going by their crowds and turnover, we could squash them into oblivion, therefore they've found a way around the restrictions by being creative. Ala, Peterborough.

Read my posts before deciding to edit them....i didnt say that we have tried to sign players that they now have.

I didn't edit a single one of your posts and would never do so?! And you said this about Crawley and Wimbledon:

As for Birchall my point was that teams like Crawley and Wimbledon are competing with us for non league players and getting them.

My point was that Crawley Town(rightly or wrongly) seem to be in a position of greater strength with regards to going up....the bookies think so and sadly untill i see some proven striker(s)signed i tend to agree.......and yes it pains me to say it.

You have a point, but the season hasn't started yet and I certainly don't base my feelings on what odds a bookie gives.

I don't mean to sound so aggro leefer, me old mucker, I'm just trying to make you see the bright side. I know their are other opinions and yours are as valid as any. Apologies. x Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #126 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 20:00:42 »

I can't believe for one minute we'd be offering that amount of money for Le Fondre. If he was that good, he'd have been snapped up by now. Agree that anything over £200k would be a waste.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 20:14:11 »

A lot of long standing Town fans, who I've spoken to, are also a bit worried Leefer.

I think I'm one of these, as things stand.

Currently I have no idea about anyone we've signed. I guess I was expected some recognised names in the mix. I don't mean Le Fondre (as if we'd bid that much!), I just mean some recognised lower league players. I'm not sure if that is "worried", "apprehensive" or "cautious" or something else.

I think if Wilson or Hart had gone down this route we may have seen some more reaction to the players we signed. But PDC talks a good game, and this part makes me optimistic my worries have no foundation.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 20:18:53 »

The Le Fondre story has to be bollocks. As for the Parkin story.... Roll Eyes...slightly but not entirely off topic, for anyone who thinks Crawley in general and Steve Evans in particular are just a little bit dodgy, take a look at Charles Ademeno's Wikipedia entry. I think we dodged a bullet there...

On 13 May, Town chairman John Fenty mentioned that the club should have done their homework before signing Ademeno for £10,000 the previous summer. He also mentioned that he thought former club Crawley had done a number on him following Ademeno's injury plagued season that saw him score two goals in seven starts
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 20:25:53 »

What are their (and your) main concerns Reg? Personally, I don't think this season will be a stroll in the park, at the same time, I'm not particularly worried. Should I be? Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 20:29:05 »

I think I'm one of these, as things stand.

Currently I have no idea about anyone we've signed. I guess I was expected some recognised names in the mix. I don't mean Le Fondre (as if we'd bid that much!), I just mean some recognised lower league players. I'm not sure if that is "worried", "apprehensive" or "cautious" or something else.

I think if Wilson or Hart had gone down this route we may have seen some more reaction to the players we signed. But PDC talks a good game, and this part makes me optimistic my worries have no foundation.

I think it's a fear of the unknown. As fans we like to get ourselves worried thinking about scenarios in our past where it's not gone to plan and more-or-less expect it to happen again.

Although it amuses me when I read people cooing over players that we had never heard of a few weeks ago and still haven't seen play.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 20:39:52 »

What are their (and your) main concerns Reg? Personally, I don't think this season will be a stroll in the park, at the same time, I'm not particularly worried. Should I be? Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm

No problem with the clear out....had to be done, but the replacements seemingly based around one or two agents.  The lack of a gun striker.  Goalkeeper still looks a problem area to me. Think it will take a while for di Canio to come to terms with the job, and we may struggle initially....do our fans have any patience?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #132 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 20:57:20 »

I think if Wilson or Hart had gone down this route we may have seen some more reaction to the players we signed.
Batch this bit offers me great comfort that things will be fine.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 21:14:36 »

No problem with the clear out....had to be done, but the replacements seemingly based around one or two agents.  The lack of a gun striker.  Goalkeeper still looks a problem area to me. Think it will take a while for di Canio to come to terms with the job, and we may struggle initially....do our fans have any patience?
There's a lot of unknowns that's for sure. A key point to remember though is that we won our first friendly game 11-0. That alone tells me that we'll definitely be ok Yes
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 21:17:32 »

Rovers fans seem to think Kuffour is on his way out to balance the books with all the new players coming in. I know we have often been linked to him but he seems to be the sort of little quick type of player Paolo is looking for.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: