Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jeremy Wray  (Read 4873 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 09:49:05 »

Most important person at the club and much needed. Done nothing wrong and must not go
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 09:52:07 »

I have followed the club nearly 40 years and he is by far and away the best Chairman we have had and is media friendly as well as being a top bloke, long may it continue.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 09:55:01 »

JW is the most level headed chairman that we have had in a long time, able to see both sides of any situation and not afraid to tackle issues that others would shy away from.

With regards to the LM issue, as I stated at the time there was no right or wrong side of the debate, it is purely down to personal views.  The majority of the views on this forum were very constructive and well thought out, even though some of them were strong which is to be expected given the topic.  The ones that wind me up, and probably made JW consider things are the "haven't the board got kids?" and "the board ought to be ashamed of themselves" and "the board sicken me" sort of comments which do no good, anger directed to the wrong people.

There were plenty of heated opinions on here, e.g. Batch, but the majority of those opinions on here were just strong feelings about the issue without having to lower to the level of accusing the board members of double standards and questioning their integrity.  However, the FB page, thisis and numerous other places I saw outrage directed towards the board which is not right.  If anyone was angry it should have been directed at the man himself or the judicial system.  The only ones excempt from that is the family who you would expect to aim their feelings in any direction they want, and it would be understandable.

Hopefully JW will realise that there were a lot of strong feelings because of the children, and a lot of internet warriors that will jump on any subject as an excuse to vent their anger about the world in which we live in.  Apart from the family concerned, none of what was written should have been aimed or taken personally.  Hopefully we can just draw a line and move on to more success next season.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 10:03:12 »

Facebook is full of anger and and hatred toward signing McCormick for us, on a post that is all about McCormick not signing for us.

I think it's fair to disregard the majority of those 'views'.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 10:04:42 »

So glad I'm not on that.

You should all try it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 10:04:43 »

We've just finished a season where we've lost to Oxford twice and lost a Wembley and yet, if people feel the same way as me, there is a feeling which is different to what outsiders can observe and that is a genuine belief that something IS FINALLY HAPPENING at Swindon Town Football Club. The bigger picture looks potentially great and Jeremy Wray is major factor behind this.

I've never been as optimistic supporting Swindon as I am right now.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 10:07:27 »

So glad I'm not on that.

You should all try it.

It's quite amusing if you are in the right frame of mind.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 10:09:58 »

It starts off that way but I just made my way down to the miss firing gun (sic) post and now I'm finished.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 10:12:22 »

It's not. All it proves is that selective breeding programmes need to be introduced.
Barry Scott

« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 10:18:16 »

It starts off that way but I just made my way down to the miss firing gun (sic) post and now I'm finished.

Exactly. Read enough negative shit and whether you agree or not in grinds you down and makes you more negative yourself. I choose to abstain from anything too negative, where possible, it's simply not conducive to living a happy life in my opinion.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 10:23:40 »

Exactly. Read enough negative shit and whether you agree or not in grinds you down and makes you more negative yourself. I choose to abstain from anything too negative, where possible, it's simply not conducive to living a happy life in my opinion.

I had to stop reading that Swindon Town FC (Fans) page. It was abundantly clear that people were not interested in anything other than unleashing their rage (see Flashheart's reference to the 'he is not signing' comments)

Oh, and nothing annoys me more than to read comments by people referring to Swindon Town as 'we' when their profile picture is the badge of Spurs/West Ham/Other team.

But that's just a bugbear of mine.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 10:28:56 »

I've never been as optimistic supporting Swindon as I am right now.
Certainly in the last 20 years since the euphoria of us reaching the Premier League with Hoddle in charge.

Its hard to believe that is 20 years ago this year that we reached the "promised land" of the Premier League..

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 10:31:08 »

I'm finding it hard to be amused at something that has the potential to bring down what could be our last chance to turn this club into a success.

Over-reacting? We will found out if Wray walks.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 10:39:44 »

Certainly in the last 20 years since the euphoria of us reaching the Premier League with Hoddle in charge.

Its hard to believe that is 20 years ago this year that we reached the "promised land" of the Premier League..

Being 8 years old when it happened so I was too young to appreciate the importance of promotion Premier League. Although I enjoyed the era at the time (you didn't have to be old to appreciate Glenn Hoddle on a football pitch).
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 10:49:39 »

Well...it will be next year anyway!   Smiley

Hopefully the Adver 20th anniversary pull out will be accompanied by news of our return to the Championship.  I'll keep dreaming.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: