Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cambridge pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 67405 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 20:58:32 »

Anything mentioned re signings pre or post game?
One Club had definitely agreed to an extention (I think)...RW didn't say who. All the loan players want to stay. Would be doing all they could to keep them, not their players so out of their hands. Can only control what we can control etc. Jewell talking to Bradford (helps that he is a legend there)...

Cards still very close to the chest and quite diplomatic - which is what you want really...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 21:00:44 »

Also said that Caddis deserved more than he was currently on, so we’re obviously offering an improved deal for the second half of the season.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 21:08:33 »

Caddis was great today. will be sad if he goes back. but he's got to do what's right for him, and he's put right the way it ended under Di Canio
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 21:22:50 »

Caddis was great today. will be sad if he goes back. but he's got to do what's right for him, and he's put right the way it ended under Di Canio

He’s got nowhere to go back to. It’s our offer or whatever else comes his way.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 21:34:46 »

Nothing for him to "put right", the fault wasn't with him
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 21:36:31 »

Yes

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 21:36:44 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07yzkly

Anderson/Conroy/Doughty/Doyle/Power/Wellens–your STFC matchday summary...and more! #stfc
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 21:39:40 »

Seen him a few times now since his return, and I'd have him.in the team every week.  Passion combined with experience/composure.  That said, some of his distribution today was less than brilliant...but you look past that when you see (a) the extra dimension he gives the team; and (b) what giving the proverbial 110% really looks like.  I just love watching him play.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 21:41:31 by Ardiles » Logged
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 21:43:43 »

I do remember worrying about Caddis when he was first with us due to his lack of height and whether he'd be caught out at the back post.

I soon realised that his positional awareness and intelligence was such that it was no problem.  Again today he put himself in the right place to head the ball out despite a foot of height difference.

Loved having him back.  Player well above this level.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 22:31:12 »

Quote from: Red Frog
He’s got nowhere to go back to. It’s our offer or whatever else comes his way.
I meant back to Scotland to be with his family
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 22:33:21 »

Quote from: pauld

put right as in a proper sendoff. it was never right the way he was bombed out by PDC.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 22:50:23 »

put right as in a proper sendoff. it was never right the way he was bombed out by PDC.

I appreciate you’re setting the record straight, but there weren’t many who called out Dux at the time.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 03:04:24 »

Good afternoon out, thanks Flash, Jibber, Al and the Jutster   Pint Flash's guts were active again  Crying

All those sprouts shag!

Twas a great day indeed.

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #253 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 10:38:24 »

I would tie down Caddis on a 2 year contract. Hes good enough and fit enough.

I would also give Zakuani a deal he is a proper stopper akin to Nelson and good backup, gave everything yesterday and marked their striker out of the game for pretty much all the game.

Grant is not wanted by Shrews and I think we will sign him on a perm, Benda is here for the season and I am pretty sure Power suggested that Yates is too and that neither parent club will recall them in January.

Power also said he fully expects DJ to stay as the player and Norwich are happy with his the current arrangement.

He also stated that Doyle himself has spoken to his agent, Bradfords manager and their chairman and told them he wants to stay with us and has done everything he can, Power also said he has spoken to them and made an offer, now its down to Bradford as they could still recall him and its out of Swindons hands now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #254 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 10:44:05 »

On an aside, back to the Ginger Assassin.

He is now on 11 consecutive match scoring run, equalling the 89 year old record by Harry Morris.

If he scores in one more match he will obviously become the Swindon consecutive record holder but he will also be equal 2nd in the English and Bristish record books equal with Jimmy Dunne of Sheff Utd who managed 12 but still a few games behind the great Stan Mortensen who holds the English and British record of 15 consucutive scoring runs way back in 1951.

Messi hold the world record of 21 matches but Doyle is obviously never going to be able to get anywhere near that.

Congratulations Eoin, thats some record already.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: