Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2 new players?  (Read 28144 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #165 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:01:56 »

I do love the optimism our fans have when it comes to signing new players. We all have really high hopes for the new saviour of the club. Sadly, we lose all of our positive thinking after the new signing has played a few games as they usually fall in to the same catagory as the rest of the sorry shit that we have.

By no means a saviour but a player with a bit of prescence, something our midfield lacks. Ideally we need another one but perhaps OTJ can compliment what we alrady have? Who knows, perpahs OTJ and Easton may be a good midfield combo once Easton gets back from injury?  I also look forward to kanyuka (who has been pretty good in midfield) and Tudor Jones playing in MF.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #166 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:02:47 »

Barry Corr is made of glass.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:07:05 »

Kanu is only 19 ? though, so he is still learning the game, I think he will be a great player in the future going by the way he plays now and that bit more experience under his belt.

Thats what I meant!   ie he's not the finished product yet, and if he was he wouldnt be playing for us
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:09:47 »

By no means a saviour but a player with a bit of prescence, something our midfield lacks. Ideally we need another one but perhaps OTJ can compliment what we alrady have? Who knows, perpahs OTJ and Easton may be a good midfield combo once Easton gets back from injury?  I also look forward to kanyuka (who has been pretty good in midfield) and Tudor Jones playing in MF.

I look forward to never seeing kanyuka play centre mid again.  He can do a decent job as a destroyer against decent opposition away but give him the ball and he looks lost.   We really could do so much better.
flammableBen

« Reply #169 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:11:41 »

Re-sign Turbo.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:14:13 »

i agree.

What a shit nickname though.

Turbos make things go fast. He wasnt especially fast just had ace stamina and energy levels
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #171 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:20:30 »

I look forward to never seeing kanyuka play centre mid again.  He can do a decent job as a destroyer against decent opposition away but give him the ball and he looks lost.   We really could do so much better.
Granted but what kind of decent player wants to join a team in a relegation battle? We can't expect top players to come in, especially this time of season, teams are trying to send out players who are not going to be around next season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:29:02 »

Re-sign Turbo.

Speaking of Turbo, tomorrow is exactly 8 years since that game...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #173 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:32:00 »

Barry Corr is made of glass.

There must be player out there that never gets injured...
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:40:29 »

Granted but what kind of decent player wants to join a team in a relegation battle? We can't expect top players to come in, especially this time of season, teams are trying to send out players who are not going to be around next season.

Players like Robson Kanu, Greer and hopefully tudor-Jones Wink

Its horses for courses really.  I dont think Kanyuka is any worse in midfield than Allen or Pook or Timlin on a bad day.  he has the advantage of being physical but the disadvantage of being clueless with the ball at his feet.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:49:03 »

Last throw of the dice then....I'd have liked Noble.  Tudor Jones though has the added kudos of having been wanted by Kingy.  He obviously then, could have been a top player, now just a question of fitness.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:57:25 »

Didnt Kingy want noble as well or have I imagined that?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:58:22 »

Didnt Kingy want noble as well or have I imagined that?

Not that I recall...but that doesn't mean much.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 16:59:23 »

DV you are like a mixture of Reg and Bart your posts make me suicidal.
Tell me about it! What a depressive bastard! Emo

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 17:06:37 »

Let's wait for the guy to kick a ball in anger before we shoot him down....The same happened with Barry Corr....Almost everyone (Bar myself and Reg, if i recall correctly?) shot him down before he'd kicked a ball, due to the negative comments from his former employers, yet he did alright for himself! (Albeit mainly in his first season), but nevertheless, lets give him a chance.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: