Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2 new players?  (Read 28465 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:06:57 »

do it then....

.....I'm just passing on the info I've read, none of those quotes are my own work at all. Its not my opinion on Tudor Jones that is depressing - just everyone elses...
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:08:48 »

DV you are like a mixture of Reg and Bart your posts make me suicidal.

Christ, he's not that bad. He's got nothing on Bart.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #152 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:10:17 »

Wilson has got the defence playing the best it has all season (still not great but then it'd never change so dramatically in such a short space of time) I put this down to his choice in getting Greer in.

The wings have begun to look threatening to the opposition defence again. I know people slate Kanu, but he is that type of winger who is more troublesome than McGovern.

I've been pretty pleased with the loans so far. We're not going to get amazing players at our level. We've done ok if he's better than Easton, Nalis, Allen or Pook (Timlin & Kanyuka?). I suspect he will be better than that because our central midfield has been so dire and we notice it even more since the defence has stopped leaking so many goals.

I think the main thing is is, Wilson isn't afraid to change things but he does stick with his changes if he feels it will benefit us. In other words, I am more confident Tudor-Jones will be more of an asset than a Casal.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:14:40 »

I agree Si.

We've had plenty of players over the years that other teams havent rated but have done a good job for us. Northampton fans didnt see anything in Parkin after 4 goals in 40 odd games but he was immense for us.

On the subject of Swansea they hated Big Kev, he didnt even get given a squad number last season but for the most part he's done alright for us.

On the flip side Sheffield Wednesday fans rated Patrick Collins and Bristol City fans rated Aaron Brown and both are two of the worst Swindon players we've ever had.

OTJ could turn out good, he could turn out brilliant, he could turn out shit, he could get injured after 2 minutes and never play for us again.

Swansea fans dont rate him though, but then thats just me being miserable  Roll Eyes
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:14:55 »

To be honest Swansea fans thinking he's shit dosnt bother me at all.  

He may well be from their perspective, but they are a division and a half above us currently and its hardly a revelation to say that theres a big difference between a top half of the championship team and the team 4th from bnottom of league 1

We are crying out for a player (s) to dominate in the centre of the park.  The fact hes a big cunt is a good start frankly

nochee

« Reply #155 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:18:08 »

After reading the reports from Swansea fans it looks like he will fit in just fine.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #156 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:24:38 »

The reason Swansea fans no doubt think he is gash is because they have much more talented players, They have a hugely talented squad so to be honest he may be pants compared to the rest of the squad but OTJ knows this level and is the player we need. A good strong midfielder. In 2005-06 started 22 games in all competitions, Sadly since then he has only played in 22 games most of them as a sub. Remember Corr is always injured but was decent, perhaps we can get the same out of Owain Tudor Jones. To me this looks to be a move with a view to next year in signing permanently. Tudor Jones clearly isn’t part of the plans at Swansea so may be available on a free or quite cheap given his history. Like Amankwaah, the change of scenery may only be a good thing. Back in positive mode this week!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:29:55 »

Wilson has got the defence playing the best it has all season (still not great but then it'd never change so dramatically in such a short space of time) I put this down to his choice in getting Greer in.

The wings have begun to look threatening to the opposition defence again. I know people slate Kanu, but he is that type of winger who is more troublesome than McGovern.

I've been pretty pleased with the loans so far. We're not going to get amazing players at our level. We've done ok if he's better than Easton, Nalis, Allen or Pook (Timlin & Kanyuka?). I suspect he will be better than that because our central midfield has been so dire and we notice it even more since the defence has stopped leaking so many goals.

I think the main thing is is, Wilson isn't afraid to change things but he does stick with his changes if he feels it will benefit us. In other words, I am more confident Tudor-Jones will be more of an asset than a Casal.

Good point about Robson Kanu

He has pace, skill and strength.  If he could shoot and cross consistantly well then he'd be one of the best players in league 1,  and probably playing 1st team football in the championship.  We need to be realistic about the type of player we are going to get in our position
Westwood

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:30:53 »

christ if we did that for every player we would hate everyone

Don't worry if he has a couple of poor games he will be.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:33:00 »

drop the bomb
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:53:15 »

Good point about Robson Kanu

He has pace, skill and strength.  If he could shoot and cross consistantly well then he'd be one of the best players in league 1,  and probably playing 1st team football in the championship.  We need to be realistic about the type of player we are going to get in our position

Kanu is only 19 ? though, so he is still learning the game, I think he will be a great player in the future going by the way he plays now and that bit more experience under his belt.
Barry Scott

« Reply #161 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:54:56 »

Remember Corr is always injured but was decent, perhaps we can get the same out of Owain Tudor Jones.

Exactly, decent but broken. If he can last a few games i reckon we sign him up, because potentially he could fit right in with Dick Mackay's master plan.
nochee

« Reply #162 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:55:47 »

The reason Swansea fans no doubt think he is gash is because they have much more talented players, They have a hugely talented squad so to be honest he may be pants compared to the rest of the squad but OTJ knows this level and is the player we need. A good strong midfielder. In 2005-06 started 22 games in all competitions, Sadly since then he has only played in 22 games most of them as a sub. Remember Corr is always injured but was decent, perhaps we can get the same out of Owain Tudor Jones. To me this looks to be a move with a view to next year in signing permanently. Tudor Jones clearly isn’t part of the plans at Swansea so may be available on a free or quite cheap given his history. Like Amankwaah, the change of scenery may only be a good thing. Back in positive mode this week!

I do love the optimism our fans have when it comes to signing new players. We all have really high hopes for the new saviour of the club. Sadly, we lose all of our positive thinking after the new signing has played a few games as they usually fall in to the same catagory as the rest of the sorry shit that we have.

nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:57:35 »

Let's hope we don't have to mock Tudor

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #164 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 15:59:56 »

Exactly, decent but broken. If he can last a few games i reckon we sign him up, because potentially he could fit right in with Dick Mackay's master plan.

Difference between Corr and OTJ is that OTJ has been fit for a while now but hasn't played. With Corr I think we rushed him back half the time.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: