Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Out In 24hours  (Read 44131 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:33:15 »

Ipswich are undoubtedly a much bigger club than us, but they are currently at their lowest league position for decades and have taken a bit of a gamble on Paul Jewell, who'd been out of work for two years.

I think Austin could've done much better.

I think they could be dragged into the relegation battle.....anyway its not deffo its Ipswich yet...a lot of money they are spending so i wouldn't be suprised at last min hitches.
Spencer_White

« Reply #151 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:33:28 »

Its always - 'yeah but we'll do it next season' with the Pox.

Weirdo's.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:34:38 »

He's gone without doubt, but still not sure it will be Ipswich.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:41:19 »

I've remained quiet over this transfer saga but feel now is the time to add my penneth...

Charlie was great for us, he scored goals, gave 100% in every game, gave our club lots of national exposure and good press and has now made us a massive profit in a small period of time.

I just can't undersatnd why any town fan would have any negativity towards him. Ok the transfer request thing was unfortunate but i would put a mahooosive sum of money on that Charlies agent had more to do with that than the lad himself. 21 is young....think about yourselves at that age, then chuck on hype, transfer fees, media, agents and massive potential wages and think how it might bake your swede a little. Mix in the fact that certain sections of our fanbse enjoyed spreading rumours about him and you can see why it might have been alot to take in.

Ipswhich are a biggish club and he can develop his career there.....

I wish him well. I hope he has a great career and will always wish him the best. Life is too short for grudges. Good luck Charlie.  Bye 

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Spencer_White

« Reply #154 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:41:31 »

could be a bidding war comming on. Lots of clubs interested and lots of time still to go.

Great news for the club.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:45:25 »

I've remained quiet over this transfer saga but feel now is the time to add my penneth...

Charlie was great for us, he scored goals, gave 100% in every game, gave our club lots of national exposure and good press and has now made us a massive profit in a small period of time.

I just can't undersatnd why any town fan would have any negativity towards him. Ok the transfer request thing was unfortunate but i would put a mahooosive sum of money on that Charlies agent had more to do with that than the lad himself. 21 is young....think about yourselves at that age, then chuck on hype, transfer fees, media, agents and massive potential wages and think how it might bake your swede a little. Mix in the fact that certain sections of our fanbse enjoyed spreading rumours about him and you can see why it might have been alot to take in.

I wish him well. I hope he has a great career and will always wish him the best. Life is too short for grudges. Good luck Charlie.  Bye  

Nice sentiments....fact is at Ipswich there will be rumours...good player,good buisness by the club.....sadly have to say i wont miss him.
Think he should have done the honourable thing to the club who gave him a big chance...ie score the goals that keep us up and then go in the summer.
Like i said....good player and good luck.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:47:23 »

I wish him well. I hope he has a great career and will always wish him the best. Life is too short for grudges. Good luck Charlie.  Bye 

Perhaps I have been overly aggrieved
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:48:36 »

A new twist?

Blackpool fan on another side has said that their chairman has said he would be very surprised if Austin isn't training with them come Tuesday...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #158 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:49:31 »

Austin has turned down ipswich hasn't he?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:50:09 »

Austin has turned down ipswich hasn't he?
Yeah if the Ipswich 606 is anything to go by... They reckon it's fallen through.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:50:45 »

Charlie was great for us, he scored goals, gave 100% in every game...

I think there are many on here who would disagree about the 100% effort especially recently...
Bodins left foot

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:51:46 »

Good luck to him.

It's a shame he hasn't waited until the summer but with a few clubs in for him we should get a good price.

I sincerely hope he will be one of the few former town players that moves on to bigger and better things. Will watch his career with interest.

Bahamas Dave
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:55:12 »

I wish him well. I hope he has a great career and will always wish him the best. Life is too short for grudges. Good luck Charlie.  Bye  
i dont think hes helped that though i never believed the rumours then i saw what hes like out in town and my view of him dipped.

wouldnt surprise me that the problems in the team are down to him even on the players twitter page you can see there are friendships but none of em seem to involve CA.

ferry,sheehan,cuthbert,aob,lucas,douglas all seem to get along fine. thats is if there real tweets.

Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:56:45 »

I think there are many on here who would disagree about the 100% effort especially recently...

I'd say i've only seen 2/3 games max that he was off colour... which considering the circumstances is understandable i'd say- each to their own.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 19:57:12 »

A new twist?

Blackpool fan on another side has said that their chairman has said he would be very surprised if Austin isn't training with them come Tuesday...

That'll be that general crap site then? More bollocks on there than the football rumours one I'm afraid.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: