Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ashan!  (Read 5318 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 23:37:19 »

That performance has to put him ahead of Pook and probably Weston in the pecking order for CM.

Thought he looked lost early on positionally, but grew as the game went on and wasn't far off MoM.

His passing was good, made the runs forward and did just as much of the dirty work as Pook would.

Seems a shame not to play him more often...a real 'footballer'.

Anybody else remember watching that little kid with dreds running about at half time 7 or 8 years back...knew he'd make the first team eventually.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 23:38:43 »

He really shut me up tonight, he was really good. Work rate was superb and he seemed to win everything in the middle. Like a man possesed was the best description of his performance!
STFC Village

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 23:40:18 »

Had a mental spell in the last 20 minutes of the 90, seemed to be involved in everything..... he was a bit of a non-entity first half, it took him 16 minutes to have a meaningful touch. I'd still rate him above Pook, but not Weston
kaufman

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 23:42:55 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Had a mental spell in the last 20 minutes of the 90, seemed to be involved in everything..... he was a bit of a non-entity first half, it took him 16 minutes to have a meaningful touch. I'd still rate him above Pook, but not Weston

:agree:
sonic youth

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 23:47:40 »

disagree entirely, i thought he was the weak spot in our midfield tonight. showed the occasional good touch but doesn't work hard enough or get stuck in.

weston and evans for me everytime, i would struggle to say holgate was a better option than pook.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 23:59:03 »

There were times he'd put a tackle in, be on his feet straight away and knocking the pass off...there was another tinme second half he lost it, and went charging after it to win it back over by the Nationwide....I know this is all about opinions and different views, but his work rate was the thing that really stood out for me - we all knew that he could pick a pass out and show a flick or two - but tonight for me showed he has so much more.
danny121

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 00:34:11 »

Yea cant understand why his work rate is being questioned? I thought he worked his bollocks off tonight and that could easily be seen, that was the best that ive personally see him play and did he chances of a place in future starting line ups no harm. Nice to see we can make so many changes to the side and stil put in a performance like that against a side in a higher league, just goes to show the strength off the squad.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 00:39:04 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
disagree entirely, i thought he was the weak spot in our midfield tonight. showed the occasional good touch but doesn't work hard enough or get stuck in.

weston and evans for me everytime, i would struggle to say holgate was a better option than pook.

Are you disagreeing with everyone for the hell of it tonight?

I agree with the second bit though, I'd rather have Weston and Evans.
sonic youth

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 00:41:50 »

no i'm fucking not you cunt, but sitting on my own gives me the opportunity to watch the game a lot more closely than i usually do and i'm just posting my thoughts, i apologise for the fact they're different to everyone elses
flammableBen

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 00:44:02 »

Yeah but you're wrong sonic. I know that and I didn't even go to the game. If Holgate doesn't make the england squad soon it's a mega-travesty.
danny121

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 00:46:07 »

hahahaha he actually exploded! When some says the pharse you "fuckin cunt" you know deep down there emotional hurting!
Amir

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 00:52:45 »

It's a bloody pharse all right, Danny Cheesy

Thought he got stuck in plenty after he'd realised he was in a game, nicking the ball off player's feet all the time, and as Moonraker said, he showed good ability to get up quickly after going to ground and play a decent ball.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 06:51:43 »

i'm with SY. i agree that ashans work rate was good but there were times when he did nothing, and when he had the ball it was as if he was trying to get rid of it asap.

i was expecting him to come off for lukas in extra time

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
fatbury

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 07:21:44 »

He showed his fitness levels were very high and is learning still in that new midfield role

Hope his "ballbags" are ok after that wallop!
TheKingCY

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 07:31:15 »

By far Swindon's best player last night.  Think he showed everyone what he's capable of, now he's just got to carry that on..

eality is just an illusion caused by lack of alcohol...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: