Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ashan!  (Read 5303 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 10:14:40 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "The Moonraker"
Was a tad dissapointed with Weston wide on the right - always seemed to want to come inside
which i thought was strange as he is so right footed.weston is good enough to start but if ince comes i would have him on the bench,,suprised no one else has mentioned that caton could be the left winger we are looking for

agreed, he has some lovely touches down by me in the NW in the 2nd half last night, had the right back at 6's and 7's.  Wasn't fully match sharp yet, but just his ability to cut in or go wide caused them all sorts of problems so they stood off him.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 10:50:36 »

I've said this elsewhere, but what i loved about caton was his confidence on the ball - great moment down by the bank/North Stand corner when he had nobody in the middle and just stood there waiting to knock it off their full back - he's got the pace and ability to beat his man and finish if he gets in the right positions
Scot Munroe

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 16:01:20 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "The Moonraker"
Was a tad dissapointed with Weston wide on the right - always seemed to want to come inside
which i thought was strange as he is so right footed.weston is good enough to start but if ince comes i would have him on the bench,,suprised no one else has mentioned that caton could be the left winger we are looking for

yeah he could. In my opinion caton looked good when he came on. His set pieces were pretty good as well. Good to see caton back.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 16:26:55 »

Forget Paul Ince-give Holgate the no4 shirt-he was the Guv'nor last night!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 16:32:52 »

I think if Caton wants to make left-wing his position, he's got to learn to defend properly. Could've cost us last night - sliding in when he only needed to stay on his feet and stand up his man. But, he was at least making an effort, and as has been said, showed some nice touches. Could really flourish under Wise (like so many of this team).

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2006, 10:54:54 »

Ashan's been loaned out to Newport County in Conf South - I reckon he should be given a go on the right wing - he's technically better than Brownlie or Shakes, not as quick as Shakes but he's no slouch, and has played up top before this year so could pop in with the odd goal - get him back here Wisey, give Royce and Ricky the boot and get ashan out there.

I'd be gutted if we missed out on him, he deserves a proper run in the side.
DMR

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2006, 17:25:13 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
no i'm fucking not you cunt, but sitting on my own gives me the opportunity to watch the game a lot more closely than i usually do and i'm just posting my thoughts, i apologise for the fact they're different to everyone elses

huzzah welcome to my world
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: