Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient Matchday thread  (Read 53863 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #285 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 19:38:53 »

It had crossed my mind earlier that opposition scouts are unlikely to have learnt much about us from the last few games, although I don't think that's necessarily part of the plan.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 19:40:42 »

It had crossed my mind earlier that opposition scouts are unlikely to have learnt much about us from the last few games, although I don't think that's necessarily part of the plan.

I'm glad, for once in my life, that I've said something that actually seems to make a smidgen of sense, though.

So thank you.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 19:42:52 »

Indeed Flash. I'd suggest that if it's taken "the scouts" 43 games (plus cups) to realise that a couple of our boys can play a bit then they're not really earning their keep?!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 19:45:59 »

Very much underdog....Blades knocked off probably before we did....we know they're a good cup fighting team, and are used to playing big one off type matches.  We know they could have a big cup game v Spurs in the week and then make 10 changes and still beat us on the Saturday.  We know we've a terrible record at Bramall Lane.  It's quite conceivable given our defensive frailty that we could be out of this on Thursday.  Anything over a 2 goal deficit and I'd say game over.

Cooper seems to want to go gung ho, from what he's said.....think that's right.

And you're back in the room Reg. If they were that good a good a "cup side" then they'd have won them all surely?!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 19:49:41 »

A moment of mild amusement. A couple Town fans were chanting 'Crawley' at away end. It was mostly embarrassing on the Town fans part before Orient owner Francesco Becchetti saved them by taking offence, piping up with a few words and then giving the Town fans 'two-nil' gesture.

He left swiftly at Full-Time.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 19:53:48 by Costanza » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 20:03:44 »

And you're back in the room Reg. If they were that good a good a "cup side" then they'd have won them all surely?!

They've dumped 5 Prem sides in cups over this season and last....narrowly lost to Spurs in the LC semi over 2 legs this season.

Of course it doesn't mean they're bound to beat us Thursday, because we know in PO's anythhing can happen, but I don't think it's outrageous to suggest we're underdogs.
kerry red

« Reply #291 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 20:04:33 »

I doubt many know much about Hylton
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 20:06:01 »

They've dumped 5 Prem sides in cups over this season and last....narrowly lost to Spurs in the LC semi over 2 legs this season.

Of course it doesn't mean they're bound to beat us Thursday, because we know in PO's anythhing can happen, but I don't think it's outrageous to suggest we're underdogs.

So would you put us as underdogs for the whole thing, or would that be Chesterfield?..

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 20:10:37 »

So would you put us as underdogs for the whole thing, or would that be Chesterfield?..

Think if we make it to Wembley, then it's pretty much 50/50 against either.....getting past Blades is going to be very difficult.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 20:12:45 »

I'm rubbish at this lark. I just see the name 'Sheffield United' and think this will be really tough.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #295 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 20:18:01 »

I'm starting to do what I would tell others not to do. Up to today, I've thought of us as rank outsiders for the play offs. Now I'm thinking we could do Sheff Utd. Their form isn't great. There will be a weight of expectation on them in front of 20,000+. There won't be so much expectation on us. We've got a few players with play off experience and a player in Luongo who could really rise to the occasion. Surely, we've made just about every conceivable fuck up you could make at the back.
I've got the day off Thursday and will be heading up with my daughter who is coming back from Cardiff Uni for the games. I'm starting to feel a bit tingly and optimistic now. I'm sure it will end in tears but who knows. If we're on our game we've got a team that can rip the shit out of anyone in this division. Not on our game and we could be out after Thursday as Reg says,.  
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 20:20:22 »

Think if we make it to Wembley, then it's pretty much 50/50 against either.....getting past Blades is going to be very difficult.

But what I'm getting at is, on the face of it... who out of the four teams would you consider as underdogs?

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 20:21:56 »

Luongo? What the fuck has he ever done in a cup competition?? Hehehe...

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 20:25:45 »

It's not outrageous to suggest we're underdogs. At the same time we did finish 8 pints above them for a reason though. I'm firmly of the opinion that the play offs are a bloody lottery mind.
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 20:32:40 »

First bookies odds I've seen.

Preston 7/4, Sheff U 9/4, Swindon 3/1, Chesterfield 9/2

edit: link. should be a few more soon.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/to-win-the-playoffs
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 20:34:35 by Pete » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: