Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Stockport County - Official Guff Thread  (Read 24771 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 22:00:06 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
Sturrock doesn't seem to rate the majority of the players he's inherited one bit. Is there a possibility he's losing the dressing room?

You'd hope not. Not after he's redecorated it so nicely and all
Rich Pullen

« Reply #316 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 22:01:38 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Sturrock doesn't seem to rate the majority of the players he's inherited one bit. Is there a possibility he's losing the dressing room?

You'd hope not. Not after he's redecorated it so nicely and all

That might just be the reason why
glos_robin

« Reply #317 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 22:01:53 »

Swindon Town FC - We can have a positive season where we win more games than we lose and we're still a total mess!

Sturrock gets tactics wrong - fair enough. But his track record cannot be ignored. He got Plymouth and Sheff Wed out of lower divisions... Sure, that doesn't automatically mean he will do the business here.

Simple fact is that Sturrock doesn't seem to rate the majority of the players he's inherited one bit. Is there a possibility he's losing the dressing room?

Whether we go up or stay in L2, there will be loads of changes.

I rate Sturrock and feel he will move us forward... I just hope it's this season!

Can we make big changes in the summer? I severely doubt it, I've said elsewhere that I think the board will do more cost cutting in the summer which didn't happen this season due to Power being around. I think we could be in an even weaker position next season so like it or not Mr Sturrock should be making sure these players get us out of this league. He might not rate our players but I don't rate him based on the mess he's got us into. We were almost 20 points inside the play-off zone before, what are we now about 7? If things don't pick up quick we'll miss the play-offs too!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #318 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 22:04:05 »

Looking forward to Lincoln on the tele!  :|

I think Accrington Stanley next week will be make or break when deciding whether our season is going to end in tears.

Because frankly we're still in an "okay" position. Not ideal but okay to recover from.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 22:04:22 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Quote from: "STFC_Chris"
glos_robin got it pretty much spot on. 3 hours each way, got trashed 3-0 and not one of the players were up to the standard needed.

One thing pissed me off almost as much as the result...the reaction Brown got when he came onto the pitch. He got the biggest cheer of the day, everyone around me clapped him onto the pitch, and not just a normal quick round of applause a fucking standing ovation! What's that about for christs sake!? Two weeks ago he told us to fuck off and called us all wankers, but now he's 'apologised' (if you believe the drivel on the OS) and has recieved death threats, all is forgiven? Either our fans have very short memories or are the most gullible bunch of idiots about.

I was going to mention that but it would of just added to my rant. I made a point of putting my arms behind my back and turning my back on him. I couldn't believe he got a standing ovation, other than be a total cunt what has he done this season.

I just looked round in disbelief...

Another negative to pick up on...the Bovril. £1.40, it was cold and the weakest I've had all season...cunts.
glos_robin

« Reply #320 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 22:08:50 »

I had a bovril and a hotdog = £4.10 wasn't impressed.

Couldn't believe the seating arrangements either was the worst view and away experience of the season

I HATE LEAGUE 2!!
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 22:44:52 »

rubbish obscured view in away end & peat bog pitch. what a gutless performance - barnet part 2.

we now have a threadbare squad - lightweight midfield & a strikeforce that couldnt score if there life depended on it.

the big thing for me is none of the squad has improved under sturrock & some players seem to being going backwards ... sort it out Oops

ewsham Robin
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, March 4, 2007, 14:39:46 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
2-0 Stockport. The Ifil getting himself sent off out of frustration some point in the second half

Not a bad guess indeed.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, March 4, 2007, 18:46:54 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Swindon Town FC - We can have a positive season where we win more games than we lose and we're still a total mess!

Sturrock gets tactics wrong - fair enough. But his track record cannot be ignored. He got Plymouth and Sheff Wed out of lower divisions... Sure, that doesn't automatically mean he will do the business here.

Simple fact is that Sturrock doesn't seem to rate the majority of the players he's inherited one bit. Is there a possibility he's losing the dressing room?

Whether we go up or stay in L2, there will be loads of changes.

I rate Sturrock and feel he will move us forward... I just hope it's this season!

Can we make big changes in the summer? I severely doubt it, I've said elsewhere that I think the board will do more cost cutting in the summer which didn't happen this season due to Power being around. I think we could be in an even weaker position next season so like it or not Mr Sturrock should be making sure these players get us out of this league. He might not rate our players but I don't rate him based on the mess he's got us into. We were almost 20 points inside the play-off zone before, what are we now about 7? If things don't pick up quick we'll miss the play-offs too!

Cost cutting will occur, expect youth teamers and eighteen pros. with experience  max.  Bonus will not be like this season.  Finally, I don't think we are going up, unless a striker is brought in on loan who knows how to score.  Given that getting a player like that is next to impossible unless Carson tearfully begs Sir Alec for someone, we need a miracle, such as converting a defender to a striker, who didn't know he was a striker.  This is the sort of think A.K. used to try.  

Sir Alec, the chairman, manager and the defensive coach are all Scots, can't you lend us a future star and pay his wages?
Bartek

« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2007, 21:25:11 »

Nothing more to say about results than PATHETIC
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: