Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 122072 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 21:02:44 »

Yeah, couldn't be bothered to find it and cut and paste!  Cheesy

1st time on here I have been agreed with twice by the same person, about the same thing on the same thread. 

I am breaking all sorts of records today!  Grin

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 21:05:01 »

I'm off, and hoping that this thread doesn't go on too much longer for the next couple of days having the same conversation, I want to be talking about stuff like Steve Lomas, Cheese and Manatees.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 21:08:06 »

Yeah, couldn't be bothered to find it and cut and paste!  Cheesy

1st time on here I have been agreed with twice by the same person, about the same thing on the same thread. 

I am breaking all sorts of records today!  Grin

I disagree with you, about something
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 21:21:30 »

I can't be arsed to look through all the previous posts, but here is a question and reaction I overheard earlier...

If he had spent years training and practicing to be an accountant before the accident, would it be right to expect him not to be an accountant again upon his release?  In this particular case the culprit is a footballer by profession, and upon his release he is understandably looking for a job that he knows and is trained in.

DRS

« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 21:25:57 »

Sorry if it has been posted but some balanced argument on here.Suprised me actually.

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php/286997-The-Fascist-Takes-On-Double-Kid-Killer/page2
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 21:32:34 »

I also think the 'murderer' chants are ridiculous, but that's a different story. McCormick will most likely receive those chants as well. Hughes just gives the perception that he's a complete scumbag who doesn't care and dances around like a moron, whereas McCormick appeared/appears apologetic for what he did, it seems like he has a shred of common sense to realise that he's in the public eye because of his job. Whereas Hughes - who very well may be apologetic and sorry for what he did - gives the impression that he doesn't give a toss at all.

Very much how I see it also
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 21:33:36 »

I disagree with you, about something

You disagree with everyone about something!

Come back to me when you have thought of something!  Grin

china red

« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 23:43:38 »

I am still undecided on this one.  If McCormick wants to join the club so that he can earn a good salary and just play his football then I don't want the club to touch him with a barge pole.  If he's coming out and plans on working his arse off in his free time giving talks to various groups about the dangers of drink driving and then saves some lives (although we'd never know) then he should be given a chance.

I want a statement from the player.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 00:15:00 »

1)  he's served his time and can get on with his life as he chooses (if anyone thinks the sentence is too short, then don't whinge but campaign to change the law)
2)  I don't know if he is a decent bloke or not.  LM has committed a crime with tragic, fatal consequences and I would think prison followed by terrace taunts and throughout a guilty conscience will be quite sufficient without his having to become a full time anti drink driving campaigner
3)  Other clubs and businesses employ ex-cons, notably the Pox, who have employed the lag-midfielder, Adam Baldwin, who drove dangerously and killed a pensioner.  If McCormick manages a degree of dignity as an STFC player (unlike twat Hughes) then it is not STFCs job to impose extra punishment on a pro footballer
4)  I was happy with Smith as a no.2 but let's wait and see on quality. Happy to back PDC and Wray on their squad building and Smith was never key
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 00:22:40 »

Correction:  I referred to Adam Baldwin of the Pox - it should be Adam Chapman.
STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 06:53:39 »

Have to say I feel a bit uneasy about this; is it a wise move for a family orientated club; it's dividing opinions abd will have an impact on the clubs name.

Whilst I would concede that he will need to rebuild his life after his release; should it be in such a high profile sport, where if he is sucessful (and he was highly rated previously) his name will appear in papers etc.

One interesting comment I noticed from the Sun report was this

Amanda, 34, whose husband Phil suffered a broken back and neck in the crash, said: “It never seems to stop. The minute we think we are getting back on track, we are told something like this. It’s like being hit in the stomach.

“One of McCormick’s main points in his plea was that he will never play football again — that was obviously completely wrong.

(Link Below)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4335182/Mum-of-2-boys-killed-by-disgraced-goalie-Luke-McCormick-hits-out-after-learning-he-is-poised-to-join-League-One-Swindon-Town.html

If this is correct (and I say IF) why has he accepted a trial and why have we offered him one.

One thing is it's only a trial, the club may decide not to offer him a contact
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 07:02:52 »

Still at least we don't have a Fascist in charge.

You should give it a go, that shit wins you leagues.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #327 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 07:17:18 »

Have to say I feel a bit uneasy about this; is it a wise move for a family orientated club; it's dividing opinions abd will have an impact on the clubs name.

Whilst I would concede that he will need to rebuild his life after his release; should it be in such a high profile sport, where if he is sucessful (and he was highly rated previously) his name will appear in papers etc.

One interesting comment I noticed from the Sun report was this

Amanda, 34, whose husband Phil suffered a broken back and neck in the crash, said: “It never seems to stop. The minute we think we are getting back on track, we are told something like this. It’s like being hit in the stomach.

“One of McCormick’s main points in his plea was that he will never play football again — that was obviously completely wrong.(Link Below)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4335182/Mum-of-2-boys-killed-by-disgraced-goalie-Luke-McCormick-hits-out-after-learning-he-is-poised-to-join-League-One-Swindon-Town.html

If this is correct (and I say IF) why has he accepted a trial and why have we offered him one.

One thing is it's only a trial, the club may decide not to offer him a contact

Is this a statement that he will never play football again or an assumption based on his conviction?
STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 07:32:39 »

Is this a statement that he will never play football again or an assumption based on his conviction?

Don't know

According to the report it says it was "one of the main points in his plea"

This was from the mother of the victims

You can only make up your own mind
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 07:48:41 »

The moral issues of what he actually did have been done to death and are not the kind of issues which people are liklely to change their views on.

Moving on from that, I would like to know what the Club actually stand to gain by signing him?

The down sides are obvious: Massive negative reaction from Town fans in particular and the public in general. If/when he signs, the media will be over it like flies around shit thanks to the 'PDC factor'...and so on.

The up side is...errrr....we get a back up goal keeper. If it was a potential 40 goal a season striker you could understand it more (whether or not you actually agreed with it)

I have been accused of hypocracy by saying that he should be given a chance to play again but not at Swindon. This is bollocks. Just because I think he should get a chance to play again, it does not automatically follow that Swindon should sign him.

If, for argument's sake, a Conference team did not have a keeper signed up for next season, in McCormick they would be getting a player in a position of need who they would not have been able to get under normal circumstances. So you would have a much more pronounced up side with nowhere near as much negative publicity as Swindon would get. This type of move would make much more sense for player and club.

The Club is in danger of getting itself into a really messy situation over a player they have no connection with or obligation to and who isn't going to make any noticeable difference to the squad.

I don't get it.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: