Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 122474 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 10:45:35 »

I still don't understand why we need another goalkeeper. Regardless of everything else, I'd rather we strengthened other positions.
It's not fucking rocket science is it, we have just let our no.2 leave as well as Mark Scott leaving us with a kid in the first year of a pro deal and a mad, useless Italian who will be gone by the end of the summer as he is clearly not part of Di Canios plans.

Good lord.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 10:52:43 »

I have been accused of hypocracy by saying that he should be given a chance to play again but not at Swindon. This is bollocks. Just because I think he should get a chance to play again, it does not automatically follow that Swindon should sign him.

Your argument that "it doesn't automatically follow that Swindon should sign him" is MASSIVELY flawed because no one is saying Swindon should sign every ex-convict, are they? 

You great big hypocrite, you.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 11:05:16 »

The more i read the comments on the facebook page the more empathy I have with LM.

I just dont understand why it has to be Swindon that wants to open the particualar can of worms, much rather some other club
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 11:07:38 »

It's not fucking rocket science is it, we have just let our no.2 leave as well as Mark Scott leaving us with a kid in the first year of a pro deal and a mad, useless Italian who will be gone by the end of the summer as he is clearly not part of Di Canios plans.

Good lord.
Crikey.

How many games did Foderingham miss last year? How many times did we have a goalkeeper on the bench? In my opinion Foderingham is good enough, reliable enough and fit enough that we can risk having a young pro on the bench or bring someone in on loan in an emergency.

I'd rather see the wages for a number 2 goalkeeper (who won't even get on the bench) spent elsewhere.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 11:08:52 »

Crikey.

How many games did Foderingham miss last year? How many times did we have a goalkeeper on the bench? In my opinion Foderingham is good enough, reliable enough and fit enough that we can risk having a young pro on the bench or bring someone in on loan in an emergency.

I'd rather see the wages for a number 2 goalkeeper (who won't even get on the bench) spent elsewhere.
And if needed we can loan a goalkeeper at short notice
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 11:12:01 »

Next season we are back to 7 subs, so a Sub GK would be on the bench most games next year I would imagine.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 11:14:33 »

Oh, are we? Good news, i didn't see any sense in the drop down to 5.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 11:15:39 »

Next season we are back to 7 subs, so a Sub GK would be on the bench most games next year I would imagine.
Didn't realise that. In that case, I retract my point about wasting wages on a keeper who won't even get on the bench!

I still maintain that McCormick (or James or anyone else for that matter) isn't as important as strengthening up front and left-back.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 11:25:56 »

Crikey.

The aim for next season seems to be a top 6 finish and a top 6 squad has good, reliable back up in every area. A dependable goalkeeper for back up and to push Foderingham is needed.

Other areas should take priority, a left back, central midfielder and forward should be first on the list but we would be stupid to go into the season with a kid as back up. Luckily it seems that the club think so too.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 11:54:04 »

Wray has said he won't be offered a contract, seems a bit pointless to take so much stick in the media if we aren't even going to consider signing the bloke.

Just been interviewing the Swindon Chairman Jeremy Wray who says the club won't be offering a contract to jailed goalkeeper Luke McCormick

Wray says Swindon just offering him help with rehabilitation but questions whether any club will want to employ him because of likely abuse

Skynews reporter on twitter.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 11:56:00 by CHRIS_STFC » Logged
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 11:58:42 »

He's done his time as prescribed by the legal justice system.  Rightly or wrongly, he's been freed at a relatively young age and is able to go back to football.  If he doesn't return to football, he'll struggle finding employment with a prison sentence on his record and presumably few other skills.  I don't have a problem with him returning to football.  It was a tragic accident, and something which will burden his conscience for the rest of his life, but it was just that, an accident. 

Lots of people have gotten into a car when they shouldn't have and have gotten away with it.  McCormick was unlucky, but did play a huge part in his own downfall.

I, like others, would query the necessity of this signing given he's unlikely to make a major impact on the First Team.  I sincerely doubt he'll sign after the furore caused.

This debate has been done before, and Lee Hughes is back playing football.  So should McCormick.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 11:59:02 »

In fairness, regardless as to whether the club were thinking about it. They never, ever stated (to my knowledge) that this was in view of a permanent deal.

Of course, that was the assumption though and Wray could have stated this yesterday.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 12:02:31 »

In fairness, regardless as to whether the club were thinking about it. They never, ever stated (to my knowledge) that this was in view of a permanent deal.

Of course, that was the assumption though and Wray could have stated this yesterday.
Surely a trial is always in view to a permanent deal?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 12:03:33 »

Wray has said he won't be offered a contract, seems a bit pointless to take so much stick in the media if we aren't even going to consider signing the bloke.

Skynews reporter on twitter.

I don't believe they would've released the statements they have if this were true.  Unless of course the backlash has scared them off.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 12:10:12 »

@ Walrus, so was it an accident that he got behind the wheel of his car knowing that he was pissed? Was it an accident that he ignored his friends who begged him not to drive? No is the answer, so it wasnt an accident, it was a major fucking wrong choice by him and him alone, and how was he unlucky? he was pissed!

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: