Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: UPDATE FROM ANDREW FITTON  (Read 5650 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 14:07:12 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "Oevil red"
Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "Oevil red"
I dont think they are talking about the County Ground I think it means Shaw Developments have it in their contract that any development of any site will be done/owned by them and thats the sticking point.

That's what the board have always claimed - ie that they somehow have the "rights" to do any ground redevelopment although we can't verify if it's actually true. As they don't actually own any property, the council own the ground so they can't sell it/redevelop it without council partnership, it's difficult to see what they think they have.

So is it that the Holding company is claiming to have bought these "rights"?

No, the claim is that the Jt Venture has the rights, but the Holding co is 50-50 on the Jt Venture with St Modwen. To clarify, there probably is a piece of paper somewhere that claims to assign such rights to the Jt Venture, what we're rather dubious about is how enforcable such a claim is.

Perhaps it's a bit like intellectual property rights. At a guess SPD now own the right to develop any site (as per Oevil above) specifically for STFC. If this can't be sorted in whatever time is available instead of throwing in the towel perhaps an alternative solution can be found that circumvents SPD and allows completion very soon.

For instance, I suggested on another thread that e.g. Hungerford FC could build a new stadium for themselves and offer STFC a groundshare or lease for say 999 years or whatever. The point is the development was not for STFC. If the owner of the development also happened to be the owner or a close relative of the owner of STFC perhaps he would be happy to invest some of the profits from his development in STFC.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 14:17:27 »

I have to admit to still being a bit confused by the issue. Can somebody clarify please?

SPD is 50% Dunwoody and 50% St Modwen, and that company says it owns STFC redevelopment rights.

So what exactly is the issue and how does Fitton hope to resolve it?

Is it St Modwen who will not relinquish the rights, or Dunwoody, or both?

Is he looking to resolve the  issue by 1.  paying ££, or 2. insisting there is no cash but if the deal is to go through then they have to give them up, or 3. is he looking to prove the legality of 'development' rights is  null and void?
figgis

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 14:17:59 »

why is it not of importance to secure ownership of the club the developement rights can be sorted out after or am i wrong.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 14:27:21 »

Quote from: "figgis"
why is it not of importance to secure ownership of the club the developement rights can be sorted out after or am i wrong.

The money Fitton will be using to pay off the debts will be re-couped in a development, so I expect it's why it's a sticking point.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 14:33:46 »

Batch ... I got the impression from his interview that the lawyers were supposed to have done some work on this point before and hadn't, despite the problem being pointed out to them by "us" as AF said. Details of the rights and who will or will not relinquish them would just be guesswork right now, along with how he looks to resolve the issue. As that may take too long I think another solution for now, maybe as above, could give him enough peace of mind to close the deal and time to sort out SPD at his leisure if necessary.

Figgis ... I'd guess they could be sorted out afterwards so long as those rights did not include any and all new stadium developments that STFC might occupy in the future.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 21:34:38 »

As I see it, St Modwen have several charges over what little assets can still be assigned to the club.  They are listed in their accounts as being owed £2.6m ish by Shaw Park, all of which has probably been channeled through the Holding Co.  The Holding Co, as majority shareholder in the FC, has probably signed some sort of contract to give Shaw Park Dev the rights to any future ground development.  The unknown is if it's a set period, forever, how likely they'll be to give them up etc.  It sounded like the sticking point was whether they were able to bring these rights back into the Holding Co.  It might be as simple as St Modwen saying it's ok provided the debt is still repaid.  It's trickier if they want some return or Diamandis' holding can block that???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: