Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: UPDATE FROM ANDREW FITTON  (Read 5676 times)
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 20:57:39 »

[quote="ahounsellThe lease expires in March 2013 (as stated in the clubs accounts).

Quite why it is March I dont know as there would clearly be a problem kicking off the 2012/13 season if you couldnt be sure of a ground to play at throughout.
[/quote]

we'd be alright - ground share with Rovers !
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 21:06:56 »

Quote from: "Oevil red"
Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "Oevil red"
I dont think they are talking about the County Ground I think it means Shaw Developments have it in their contract that any development of any site will be done/owned by them and thats the sticking point.

That's what the board have always claimed - ie that they somehow have the "rights" to do any ground redevelopment although we can't verify if it's actually true. As they don't actually own any property, the council own the ground so they can't sell it/redevelop it without council partnership, it's difficult to see what they think they have.

So is it that the Holding company is claiming to have bought these "rights"?

No, the claim is that the Jt Venture has the rights, but the Holding co is 50-50 on the Jt Venture with St Modwen. To clarify, there probably is a piece of paper somewhere that claims to assign such rights to the Jt Venture, what we're rather dubious about is how enforcable such a claim is.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 21:27:22 »

More details in this thread. Bottom of Page 13 onwards.

http://www.thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25354&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

I was cautiously optimistic after hearing the interview itself, but further investigation and a few hours reflection has changed my viewpoint. What I am utterly confident of is that Mr Fitton is approaching this takeover in a very professional manner and leaving no stone unturned. Whether or not it succeeds remains very much in the balance IMO.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 21:33:55 »

I just want to know how much time have we really got left to get this takeover completed.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 21:45:27 »

Quote from: "OneBillPower"
I just want to know how much time have we really got left to get this takeover completed.

I honestly don't think anyone REALLY knows.....
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 21:59:48 »

Well, Banbury is a reliable bloke and he says we only have until next week, it might be right it might be wrong, i cannot see us having longer than another 2 weeks at the most.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 22:57:15 »

Quote from: "OneBillPower"
Well, Banbury is a reliable bloke and he says we only have until next week, it might be right it might be wrong, i cannot see us having longer than another 2 weeks at the most.

Again another game of chicken, but this time with HMRC. And they're not good people to play chicken with
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 09:47:20 »

Quote from: "jjedmunds"
One interesting thing to come from the takeover was that there is someone famous with links to sport and business in the area as part of his backers.

I was wondering who that may be, I dont think its James Dyson as I dont think he has any links...as yet with sport, cant think of anyone else as yet though.

Steve Slattery perhaps would be my guess ?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 09:51:34 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
One interesting thing to come from the takeover was that there is someone famous with links to sport and business in the area as part of his backers.

I was wondering who that may be, I dont think its James Dyson as I dont think he has any links...as yet with sport, cant think of anyone else as yet though.

Good shout. I think he has a property developing company?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 10:17:29 »

I was wondering who that may be..

Willie Carson
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 10:24:00 »

Cliff Puffett...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 10:25:00 »

Rikki Hunt.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 11:21:57 »

Reg don't even joke about Hunt.
So reading between the lines then Fitton / Wills have agreement over the shitty end of the stick but disagree over the sweet side. So what's been agreed so far is that we've got Fitton covering all the debts but unable to agree a way to mitigate his up front losses.
This deal is a long, long way from being done. Ad in the holding companies lawyers and St Modwens lawyers and actually agreeing something.
I live in hope but unless something gives quickly this ain't going to be sorted for a while yet.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 13:02:16 »

Very good shout, an has Swindon connections under Hoddle....yeah I think thats a good guess actually, not sure how much he has in personal wealth but it has to be more than Wee Willy has!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 13:10:41 »

Very good shout, an has Swindon connections under Hoddle....yeah I think thats a good guess actually, not sure how much he has in personal wealth but it has to be more than Wee Willy has!

You're having a larf.....Carson is seriously minted, just doesn't want to part with it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: