Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wembley Pubs thread  (Read 66943 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 15:11:09 »

Back on thread, the concensus from my little crowd is that we will be drinking at pubs near baker street tube. Any takers?

a lot of millwall are heading up that way

jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 15:14:05 »

I guess thats coz the jubilee line runs through it eh? Maybe marylebone is a safer bet then...
One F In Fitton

« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 15:18:43 »

Hang about, I've just realised - are we talking the bit near the tunnel or the 2nd tier? I think I've got confused somehow.The bit near the tunnel is the same as the opposite side which is cheaper. The 2nd tier club wembley section doesn't have an equivalent cheaper opposite side.For some reason I always thought club Wembley was just the rubbish bit near the tunnel nd that side.

That's the badger - Club Wembley is the whole middle teehur. If you went for the £62 option you either got CW or the best seats in the bottom teeyurr - hence my desire to wait until the CW tickets got released - for the extras. I'd rather slam my frank n' beans in the cutlery drawer than sit in those blocks either side of the tunnel with a bunch of people who couldn't care less about football, & are only there to shovel food & drink down their throats.

2nd teir lovey! Im in 251

Too Cool Fantastic seats, not many better in the whole stadium. You'll almost be able to reach out and rub JD's hair when he lifts the trophy.

gasha2

« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 15:19:22 »

Anyone know for sure if alcohol is on sale inside Wembley?

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 15:20:49 »

lush thanks one F - I might just do that!!

hahahaha that reminds me of my friends favourite memory of Wembley vs Leicester - on the Victory tour round town afterwards Martin Ling ruffled his hair!
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 15:26:18 »

fair enough, but I am trying to find a meeting place for various sets of fans coming from all sorts of directions, dont particularly want to say, ok meet at the 'fig and piddle' or whatever, if there is a possiblity there will be a heavy 'wall bias.

(note, I was replaying to ardiles' contribution, but that seems to have gone now?!)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 15:27:28 »

I guess thats coz the jubilee line runs through it eh? Maybe marylebone is a safer bet then...

Think alot of Town fans heading Marylebone, sure someone posted it on here earlier this week but cant seem to find it now.  Any idea which pub people are headed to? me and 4 mates headed that way so would aim for a pub with a few Town fans in.  If its easier to send a personal message then do that.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 15:28:11 »

If Millwall are as bad as some of you think, isn't it a bit daft putting your plans on a forum ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 15:30:54 »

You get a padded seat! Smiley also apprently access to our own toilets and food outlets etc?

Truth be told Si the tickets belong to our ticket provider we use at work he's knows Im
a Swindon fan and offered me them for a cracking price - be rude not too! Mean it's not everyday you get to go to Wembley is it?!

The concourse area for Club Wembley is top notch - proper restaurants are available if that floats your boat and plenty of really good food and drink available.  I took a little tour around there without permission when we went to watch Oasis - lost my seat ticket and then got an insiders tour of the inner workings of Wembley as a Steward was assigned to me to get me back to where we should have been (a little drink had been consumed and we had tickets for the all you can drink posh bit).
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 15:31:31 »

If Millwall are as bad as some of you think, isn't it a bit daft putting your plans on a forum ?

I think that is why he said to PM him.... Hmmm  Cheesy
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 15:35:49 »

The concourse area for Club Wembley is top notch - proper restaurants are available if that floats your boat and plenty of really good food and drink available.  I took a little tour around there without permission when we went to watch Oasis - lost my seat ticket and then got an insiders tour of the inner workings of Wembley as a Steward was assigned to me to get me back to where we should have been (a little drink had been consumed and we had tickets for the all you can drink posh bit).

Heard the same from some Oxford fans , that's why I waited out for them to come up rather than get 'normal' seats!

Spencer_White

« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 18:14:09 »

Ive only ever been to the Alsop Arms at Marylebone, which is towards baker street.

Not that many pubs about. Although some of the lads said they had been to the Hobgoblin.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 19:03:29 by Spencer_White » Logged
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 18:34:27 »

2nd teir lovey! Im in 251

i was in block 251, was pretty shocked when the players appeared next to us to get their medals - awesome seats
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 18:47:12 »

We're in about the same seats at last time...I can still hear the echo of the ball hitting the post from Maskell's strike.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 19:36:39 »

We're in about the same seats at last time...I can still hear the echo of the ball hitting the post from Maskell's strike.

As long as we don't go 3-0 up and then they get 3 back! I couldn't stand that.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: