Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aldershot Matchday Thread.  (Read 50087 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 05:51:14 »

Glad I went! The football on offer wasn't the best, but the atmosphere great. A real old school ground, give me a choice over that and Stadium MK and I'd choose Aldershot every time.

Won't go into individual players performances, but as a team we're not clicking. There were some passages of play that showed glimpses of the side we could be: neat interpassing and good link ups, but on the whole it was a poor performance.

But who gives a fuck? WE WON A PENALTY SHOOTOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's All Good..............
sonic youth

« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 06:31:33 »

malpas out
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 07:12:24 »

The ground if it had another stand would be a tidy little ground to be fair, Most of the stuff about the game has already been said,

The away area shared with the home fans has excellent acoustics for sound to carry. No problems at the ground, the la fontaine pub was nice enough.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 07:58:31 »

Poor performance in all and hope the pens were not used to gloss over the fact we are dreadful defensively.

Im really worried about our defence as were a thrashing waiting to happen.

On the postive, thought Cox played well as usual, Marshall looked very good when he came on and I think we could see him closer to the first team on a regular basis than first thought.  We missed Paynter up top, Peacock was useless, Ifil a shambles and Kanyuka didn't seem to have a clue in general.

Easton should be one of the first names on the team sheet in future also.

J Smith I think did ok, as did Phil Smith.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 08:43:07 »

Part of the problem with the defence is, it's never the same 5, usually due to injury. what we need is a run of games with the same players, question is which 5?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 08:43:50 »

Play Peacock in goal
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 08:46:41 »

Play Peacock in goal

He hasn't got the legs for that anymore either.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 08:52:23 »

he looked class at h/t at Franchise.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 09:49:56 »

The ground if it had another stand would be a tidy little ground to be fair, Most of the stuff about the game has already been said,

The away area shared with the home fans has excellent acoustics for sound to carry. No problems at the ground, the la fontaine pub was nice enough.

Does the wee ground still have that HUGE trawler net behind one of the goals to stop the ball going on the road?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 10:23:39 »

Does the wee ground still have that HUGE trawler net behind one of the goals to stop the ball going on the road?

Don't recall seeing it, but it must have.

What it does have is a port-a-cabin bogs. 2 urinals, 2 cubicles. good job I wasn't busting for a piss or anything.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 10:30:19 »

There were also several large trees behind the burger hut! One thing that hasn't been mentioned, is that was the first small outbreak of "we are malpas red and white army" i've heard.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 10:44:05 »

Its a right old mouthfull that, though. We also managed to change a later cry of 'Fittons red and white army' to 'Malpas'. Sort of. Some of those lads last night weren't putting much thought into their songs.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 10:56:20 »

There were also several large trees behind the burger hut! One thing that hasn't been mentioned, is that was the first small outbreak of "we are malpas red and white army" i've heard.

There was one at Cheltenham.
flammableBen

« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 13:14:29 »

I'm too lazy to read the thread and have been too busy to bother with such silly things as the TEF and football (been drinking cider with Ally).

What was the score?
flammableBen

« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 13:17:59 »

Hurry up. I'm on 118 stars on Mario 64. Only need 2 more. Ally won't go home until we get them and I'm fed up of him.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: