Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aldershot Matchday Thread.  (Read 50108 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 22:23:41 »

ifil was fucking hopeless
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 22:25:23 »

Was it him that ballsed up for their 1st? I couldn't be sure but thought that was Amankwahh?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 22:27:02 »

Comedy thread, just been reading it all back!

I was utter gash on the radio. Good fun, so hard not to swear.

All in all, it wasn't all bad:

Good
1. All our penalties, even Paynter's was decent
2. Easton, looked good in the middle
3. Smiths: Phil and Jack both awesome
4. Cox, little service, still scored and could have had two more
5. Marshall: really, really played well when he came on.
6. Awesome old-school ground, and parked right outside!
7. Ed Hadwin - he's awesome at the whole commentary thing
8. Peacock's head band after he cut hi head
9. Best chips in the league. Fact.
10. My old man sneaking in for free.

Bad:
1. McNamee: hello, anybody there? No? Ed and I decided we should drop him for away games!
2. Playing JP in middle, easton on right. Terrible decision. Doesn't work. Stop it.
3. Back four looked dodgy. All played ok, part from wankwaah, but not together. No cohesion or owt.
4. Wankwaah: great penno, but jesus - he gave their left winger so much time and space, he was generally terrible. Made one ace sliding tackle which almost got me out of my seat until I realised I had loads of radio cables around them.
5. Timlin, not at his best, quite lairy
6. Peaock, looked off the pace and looked lost in attack.
7. Got a cold.

That is all I have to say on this matter,
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 22:28:05 »

i stood behing goal for first half and yes it was him, second half i went and sat in seats, ifil's positioning was laughable he was 2 yards in front of the other 3 defenders and kept trying to get offside, he was wandering all over the shop, and i havent mentioned the fucking penalty he gave away. thank fuck he scored.

and dont get me started on peacock, sturrock would be a better option than that useless cunt.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 22:34:56 »

I don't th9nk peacoj knows how to play up front anymore.

I thought paynter was mint when he came on.

Ifil, not his best game, but he was better thank amankwaah. I had my head in my hands when he took his penalty, but it was a goodun! Smith was the only defender to come out of tonight's game with any credit.

There centre forward was good though, they're a decent side...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 22:36:22 »

Im sure its not just me but Peacocks a midfield now - not a striker.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 22:37:28 »

Same old same old for most of the match, an inability to impose in midfield and desperate defending at times, but with Cox working hard and Peacock doing OK as support. McNamee double marked and ot the game as we failed to get the ball to him.

The changes in midfield (Marshall and Allen) sorted our 'shape' out, the midfield and defence started to do their jobs and we got hold of the game. Would have won in normal time had Peacock not missed two sitters.

But we are through. That's what counts.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 22:38:45 »

it was atoss up between paynter and marshall for man of the match and they only played about 10 minutes. easton was all right, jack and phil  smith were ok, cox scored and set up peacock a couple of times the rest were fucking shit.
swindonshot

« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 22:46:03 »

Sort of agree - it could have gone either way, but I would hardly call us a "poor" side (as one of you mentioned).

Two episodes of "lack of ability to defend" cost us dear tonight - especially for the first goal, the second one we simply gave your player enough time to control the ball, look up, pick his spot and whack it in which is a pain considering how many players we had back at the time.

Penalties can go either way so wasn't upset to go out to them, but we really should have finished you off sooner - but it wasn't to be.

I know some of you have said that you missed two sitters, but on the opposite side, we missed a fair few and Smith made one or two half decent saves too.

On a positive note, it was nice to see that you had fewer fans than Bradford at the weekend, but made twice the noise (which is strange because I was at the Blackpool v Swindon game a few seasons back where Town filled the whole side of that ground and didn't make a sound!)

Best of luck in the next round though, it's been a fun evening.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 22:47:48 »

Sounds like i missed all jerel's bad bits. I'm off for an eye test tomorrow. Shots site is saying 385 from swindon. That has to be wrong, unless they got the figure at kickoff when there were still loads of us outside?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 22:50:05 »

Sort of agree - it could have gone either way, but I would hardly call us a "poor" side (as one of you mentioned).

Two episodes of "lack of ability to defend" cost us dear tonight - especially for the first goal, the second one we simply gave your player enough time to control the ball, look up, pick his spot and whack it in which is a pain considering how many players we had back at the time.

Penalties can go either way so wasn't upset to go out to them, but we really should have finished you off sooner - but it wasn't to be.

I know some of you have said that you missed two sitters, but on the opposite side, we missed a fair few and Smith made one or two half decent saves too.

On a positive note, it was nice to see that you had fewer fans than Bradford at the weekend, but made twice the noise (which is strange because I was at the Blackpool v Swindon game a few seasons back where Town filled the whole side of that ground and didn't make a sound!)

Best of luck in the next round though, it's been a fun evening.
I thought you looked pretty useful, and wouldn't have complained if the result was the other way round. One thing though, have a whip round and get the drummer some music lessons! What a fucking racket.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 22:59:10 »

Just seen the goals on SSN.

Comedy defending. Kanyuka, Peacock both missed the first header. Amankwaah got the second one but headed straight up. McGovern wasnt tight enough to the man who crossed it back in and Ifil seemed to just stand there.

As for the penalty, clumsy but where was the right back no where to be seen.

We've finally got a black player who can do some fancy flips
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 23:16:09 »

That was enjoyable after the game, but fucking agonising to get there.

I hate drummers.

That is all.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 23:22:09 »

As well as sorting out the defending of set pieces, we really need someone who can get 20-25 yrd free kicks on target, what was it another 3 or 4 tonight, and not one went close or beat the wall.
Panda Paws

« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 23:44:13 »

Most has been said already but all in all, we looked unimpressive. We still look worrying at the back. It seems like the two full backs are too narrow, possibly covering for the centre halves, giving their wingers all the time in the world and we still cant defend set pieces properly!

Cox played well and P Smith was good, Marshall and BP improved us when they came on and we could have nicked it in the last 5.

Finally, that end is immense and we should build one exactly the same
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:35:02 by Panda Paws » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: