Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kevin MacDonald  (Read 33896 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:12:54 »

THe fabled Martin Luton King surfaces!

So in what capacity was he conducting interviews, then?

Edit: FCB's post answers this.

He's the new Phil Spencer!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:14:46 »

He's the new Phil Spencer!

Good job I didnt put away the orange hat!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:19:43 »

Bit of info on Mark Cooper:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Cooper_(footballer_born_1968)

fair bit of managerial experience, had a good spell with Kettering and even managed to do a half decent job at Darlo! Interesting that he'd leave Telford so soon to take up a number 2 role but MacDonald should know what to look for in an assistant manager.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:21:39 »

So am I right in thinking that despite all of the dirt digging the best we can come up with on the new owners is that they may have got involved with some dodgy people in the past, but when they found out they were dodgy they distanced themselves and did something about their dodgy dealings?

So in summary, they're actually good guys? Albeit good guys that may want to install a plastic pitch to increase revenue.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:30:13 »

Considering Paolo got a pizza named after him in Fratellos, will McDonalds be putting something on their pound savers menu in recognition of KMAC?

Haggis burger or something???
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:31:44 »

Cooper confirmed as Assistant manager
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:41:52 »

So am I right in thinking that despite all of the dirt digging the best we can come up with on the new owners is that they may have got involved with some dodgy people in the past, but when they found out they were dodgy they distanced themselves and did something about their dodgy dealings?

So in summary, they're actually good guys? Albeit good guys that may want to install a plastic pitch to increase revenue.

I think that's pretty much it.  Nothing wrong with vigilance, though.  It's right that the focus has shifted in the last 24 hours to the new manager and the big game tomorrow...but the questions are not going to go away until the identity of the backers and the interests of all those involved with the running of the club are known.  They may be good reasons for the lack of transparency on this (other than the people concerned being 'family men', obviously)...but sooner or later it will have to come out.
kerry red

« Reply #202 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:45:01 »

TBH I think people will only get curious if the so-called 'warchest' of £4.5m doesn't get opened.

If it become obvious the club are suffering from a lack of cash people will ask questions then
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:47:59 »

TBH I think people will only get curious if the so-called 'warchest' of £4.5m doesn't get opened.

If it become obvious the club are suffering from a lack of cash people will ask questions then

I think that misses the point, actually.  I don't really care how large the 'war chest' is.  It's the strings that are attached to it that matter.  What are the businesses investing in STFC getting in return for their investment?  What is their motive for getting involved at all?  These are fundamental questions that cannot be answered until their identities are known.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:48:28 »

Speaking of his appointment, MacDonald said: “I am proud to become manager of Swindon Town and delighted that Jed McCrory and his new Board at Swindon have shown such faith in me. When I met Jed at the training ground at lunchtime today, I told him I'd be happy to accept the offer to become manager of Swindon Town as long as he dumped the stupid fucking hippy-looking, mockney-accented useless cunting B&B owner from Lincolnshire - with immediate effect. He did that with one quick call on his mobile phone, and I now cannot wait to get cracking with the job in hand.
Bit harsh but it raised a smile Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:49:23 »

I think that misses the point, actually.  I don't really care how large the 'war chest' is.  It's the strings that are attached to it that matter.
You wouldn't attach strings to a warchest. Ropes at the very least, maybe even chains. Unless it's more of a squabblebox than a warchest.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:57:08 »

Does anybody know if MacDonald was at the League Cup game at the CG earlier this season?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:00:32 »

Does anybody know if MacDonald was at the League Cup game at the CG earlier this season?

Left Villa when Lambert was appointed so I doubt it.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:02:14 »

Left Villa when Lambert was appointed so I doubt it.

For some reason I thought he was still there. Cheers!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:07:56 »

What is their motive for getting involved at all?

I get the impression Jed at least is in it as it's a good thing to do (saving a club) and owning a proper football club is really cool - showing your dad round isn't normally the first move of a criminal mastermind. It's better than what most of us do with mates in our spare time (play poker, get drunk, go to a strip joint). Maybe they're aren't any sinister motives, it would appear there wasn't with the Black consortium.

Not even sure a plastic pitch would be that bad. Apparently they're a lot better nowadays and the authorities are slowly starting to swing in favour of them. Wouldn't be the same though no matter how good they are.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: