Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 80756 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 08:19:09 »

I personally think that Wilson doens't play Cuthbert is because him and Phil Smith don't get on. When they play together they always seem to argue.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 10:56:29 »

I don't have the time to catch up with all of this thread (my Boss is nearby!) but want to say my piece. Wilson needs to go. Now.

Those who think he should stay till the end of the season so as not to de stabilise the team should ask themselves how much worse it could get? On current form, the most likely outcome is Division 2 next season. If we get rid of him closed season, his replacement will only have the pre season to sort out what his views of players strengths and weaknesses are.

Get rid of him now and his replacement will have the rest of this season to watch the squad playing competitive football to give him a realistic view of thier capabilities.

What is the worst thing that could happen if we get rid of him now?

As for a replacement, I think we should have another punt at a player manager. Get a good mid field/ forward player in who is coming to the end of his playing days. Have a season or half a season benefitting from someone with real skill in the squad and build from their.

Kevin Phillips or the like?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 10:58:48 »

What is the worst thing that could happen if we get rid of him now?
Martin Allen
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #543 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 11:04:17 »

Martin Allen

add to that Paul Trollope.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 11:07:09 »

Ooh, Fatburys going to come hunting for you.

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 11:40:07 »

Martin Allen

why?

i'd give him the job till the end of the season.
he's something a bit different,and could be just what we need.
can't see how a short term deal has anything to lose for us.
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 11:59:40 »

I've never understood the Paul Trollope thing. He's someone who has already been sacked from a club in our division. As I said before, I don't like the guy but I would offer Dennis Wise the job until the end of the season. Why? Well, when he was here before every player seemed to know their role and he seemed to know exactly what every player's best position should be. He had belief and a spark about him which I think fed through to the players. He seemed to have a plan B and C and used them when necessary. His man management skills were clearly appreciated by the players which could help sort out some of the apparent rifts in the squad. I know that some will say it was Poyet who was the brains behind their management team but we need someone who will lift and motivate the players and, in turn, the crowd. Wise certainly could do that. Until last night I was not in the Wilson out camp. I like the guy and wish it had worked out but I just don't see things improving unless he goes.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #547 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 12:00:20 »

Ooh, Fatburys going to come hunting for you.

Bring it on! Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Lumps

« Reply #548 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 12:02:28 »

Where have all the "we're too good to go down" merchants fucked off to today? Strange how one result, that's hardly out of line with the form over the rest of the season, seems to have turned the tide of opinion. Shame it's way too fucking late to do anything about it now isn't it?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #549 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 12:07:10 »

They've been replaced by the annoying 'I told you so brigade'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 12:12:11 »

Where have all the "we're too good to go down" merchants fucked off to today?
I think they're where they always were. In your head.
Lumps

« Reply #551 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 12:13:48 »

They've been replaced by the annoying 'I told you so brigade'

Well where the fuck are they? I think I have what it takes to join up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 12:23:05 »

Where have all the "we're too good to go down" merchants fucked off to today? Strange how one result, that's hardly out of line with the form over the rest of the season, seems to have turned the tide of opinion. Shame it's way too fucking late to do anything about it now isn't it?

Everyone has their own tipping point. Yours was just before theirs (ours).

To explain why I'm changing my mind its not just on the defeat, but the way it all came about:
   - Bizaare starting lineups (Rose left wing, rookie defender over Cuthbert)
   - Bizaare substitutions (leaving it to 1 minute past HT. Prutton on right then move again)
   - Bizaare Wilson post-match interview (the problem is up front)
   - Conceeding another 3 goals while "playing well" (I thought we had started to turn the corner and Bournemouth was just unlucky)

It kind of hit home how much do do we are in, not because of the pointage. But because of the seemingly lack of improvement, ideas and constant tinkering.

But what I will say is that we are NOT down yet. It is perfectly possible to stay up while Rovers, Plymouth and Exeter are also useless. It is perfectly possible Walsall's run will end. It is possible we will improve, even if this is down to 'luck' or new players settling in (Benyon and Obiyka/Misun).

It ain't over 'til its over.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 12:27:38 »

No one is ever too good to go down.

But the problem is Wilson. Get rid of Wilson now and we'll stay up. If Wilson stays we go down.

That is a prediction, not a suggestion and it's not guaranteed either.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 12:28:33 »

*Bizarre

Batch OUT!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: