Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 80794 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #525 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:02:19 »

Trying to relate it to the real world a bit...If my manager tells me to do a task a particular way every week even though I knew it would result in a poor outcome it would demoralize me. If my work colleagues were unhappy and started to hand in their notices it would damage my team's morale.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:02:47 »

we have Flint and Frampton and they need to be given a chance to form some sort of partnership.
I think they can sort out dates in their own time, and you need to send the Gaydar away for repair
Panda Paws

« Reply #527 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:03:28 »

Personal pride? Self-respect? Showing the cunt? At the very least, trying to show you deserve someone else coming to take you out of this living hell of working up to 3 hours a day and playing football for a living?

I fully agree Paul, was merely playing devil's advocate.

And I still think most of the players are consciously trying, it's the subconscious extra 5% that is missing. I don't think any player would knowingly not try, but it must be unbelievably frustrating to be pissed around and whatever by your manager.

Just look at the bench tonight. Cuthbert hasn't been worse than the majority this season after a superb season last year but is dropped for a novice. Ferry is bought in, a young kid moving lock stock and barrel from scotland only to get given about 6 minutes, no matter how bad those in the team are playing. And the Ritchie situation I cited earlier is the worst example.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #528 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:04:31 »

Point taken - we do get overrun and this shouldn't always be the defence's fault.  Our midfield have been shit at times particularly JPM's attempts to play inside - AOB as well.  Being positive, we have Flint and Frampton and they need to be given a chance to form some sort of partnership.

We had two clean sheets in a row with Cuthbert and Frampton and Wilson inexplicably drops Cuthbert. Wilson is the making of his own downfall, regardless if the players are responsible in some way too.

EDIT: Oh yeah the Bournemouth game was after that. Oh well, point still stands, we should have just stuck with Cuthbert and Frampton.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:06:48 by Si Pie » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:05:44 »

Trying to relate it to the real world a bit...If my manager tells me to do a task a particular way every week even though I knew it would result in a poor outcome it would demoralize me. If my work colleagues were unhappy and started to hand in their notices it would damage my team's morale.
Yes, of course. And there's two ways you can react to that - let it get to you and get dragged down by it yourself or show some fucking spirit and do the best you can despite the idiot in charge. While looking for a less idiot-led job, obviously. If nowt else, you've got a much better chance of getting the less idiot-led position if you haven't allowed it to completely demoralise you and can demonstrate you've done something to at least take charge of your own performance
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:07:20 »

And I still think most of the players are consciously trying, it's the subconscious extra 5% that is missing. I don't think any player would knowingly not try, but it must be unbelievably frustrating to be pissed around and whatever by your manager.
You're probably right. I'm just really rather cross. I suspect I'm not alone in this
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #531 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:07:55 »

Yes, of course. And there's two ways you can react to that - let it get to you and get dragged down by it yourself or show some fucking spirit and do the best you can despite the idiot in charge. While looking for a less idiot-led job, obviously. If nowt else, you've got a much better chance of getting the less idiot-led position if you haven't allowed it to completely demoralise you and can demonstrate you've done something to at least take charge of your own performance

Maybe the problem is the players are all starting to think about their next job!
Panda Paws

« Reply #532 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:08:56 »

Being positive, we have Flint and Frampton and they need to be given a chance to form some sort of partnership.

No, no, no.  If we're talking long term Cuthbert and one of Misun and Flint need giving time, but time we do not have. Frampton is unbelievably average and not a long term signing, at least I hope not.

BUT Right now, we should be playing Cuthbert and Frampton, absolutely no doubt. How can it be worse then tonight? Flint will be a good player for us, but right now we need our strongest 11, the most experienced and dependant side we can put out.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:10:01 »

Maybe the problem is the players are all starting to think about their next job!
Clearly not. Or they'd be pulling their bloody fingers out a bit more. Relegation won't sit any better on their CVs than it will on Wilson's
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #534 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:21:27 »

Clearly not. Or they'd be pulling their bloody fingers out a bit more. Relegation won't sit any better on their CVs than it will on Wilson's

Or maybe they've spoken to their agent who will promise them he can get them a move away. I'm not saying the players shouldn't do what you say - but they all seem to ducking away from the problems rather than facing them head on - just like the manager is. The more I think back to the interviews etc. the more I realise Wilson's attitude (play-off contention when we were still shit) rubbed off on the players too much early on.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #535 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:24:42 »

or maybe it's vice-versa. Fucks knows.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:28:24 »

The more I think back to the interviews etc. the more I realise Wilson's attitude (play-off contention when we were still shit) rubbed off on the players too much early on.
I must confess, I'd kind of assumed that that was just soft-soap bullshit for public consumption and that in private he was bollocking them behind closed doors.
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:32:45 »

True i guess, have a lot of respect for Bodin especially when he missed that penalty for Wales  Smiley

I had more when he scored for us with a pen the weekend after Cheesy
I'm a great fan of Bodin but on earth would anyone want him as replacement manager for Swindon.  Don't get me wrong he's doing great at youth level but a step up to management is a notch too soon for him maybe?

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #538 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:34:01 »

It wouldn't surprise me if he just gave the players the same speech every fucking week.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 00:58:32 »

BUT Right now, we should be playing Cuthbert and Frampton, absolutely no doubt. How can it be worse then tonight? Flint will be a good player for us, but right now we need our strongest 11, the most experienced and dependant side we can put out.
That must be right.  At the beginning of last season we weren't scoring goals (Paynter was no top striker, although a good worker) but we dug in and didn't lose much after Gillingham.  We got our heads down, we started to score and got lucky on the back of a competitive attitude, especially at the back and in midfield.

Every minute of every game is now a bitter scrap for points.  We need experience on the pitch as you suggest Panda, we need consistent selection and we need someone that will motivate.  I'm afraid that does mean step aside Danny.

It might not work and League 2 may follow.  We've been there before I know but I think that would be a MASSIVE step back to the club and its wider plans and ambitions  (a sniff at the Championship, a new ground, balancing books)

I'm afraid I would be thinking about short term motivators ahead of managers I like (Danny himself included in that latter category), ie Paul Allen, Denis Wise, possibly even Lou but more current experience would be preferable.  Big Sam even on a month by month contract so he could go to Barca if invited and we could let him go once we hit 50 points.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: