Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 80797 times)
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #495 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 22:52:31 »

What a depressing thought that is.

Amusing to hear him say we need even more players. We have what 27/28 professionals on the books now, all of which have been signed/re-signed by Wilson. How many more do you want?

I agree, The problem is Wilson not the players not many how many he brings in it isn't going to change things, Things will change once he leaves, Things are so bad because he's lost the dressing room and the players obviously don't want to play for him anymore so things won't change until he goes, Obviously Fitton still won't sack him tomorrow!
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 22:54:02 »

I'm a great fan of Bodin but on earth would anyone want him as replacement manager for Swindon.  Don't get me wrong he's doing great at youth level but a step up to management is a notch too soon for him maybe?
flammableBen

« Reply #497 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 22:55:01 »

"So Danny, why did we wear the third kit today, was that a contractual thing with the manufacturers?"

"No, it was something I'd been planning but kept quiet. I thought that the opposition might be surprised we weren't wearing our normal red, putting them on the back foot."

"It didn't work though?"

"Unfortunately, no"
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 22:55:18 »

I'm a great fan of Bodin but on earth would anyone want him as replacement manager for Swindon.  Don't get me wrong he's doing great at youth level but a step up to management is a notch too soon for him maybe?

I'm not advocating it, but i genuinely can't see him being any worse right now until the summer

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 22:56:16 »

Amusing to hear him say we need even more players. We have what 27/28 professionals on the books now, all of which have been signed/re-signed by Wilson. How many more do you want?

I honestly can't beleieve that he's still not prepared to take any responsibility for the mess we're in. It's everyone's fault bar his.

At the moment I am doubtful that I will go to watch another game whilst he remains in charge.

Quite frankly my 7 year old son has more idea of tactics and formations than Wilson at the moment and would probably have a better chance of keeping us in League 1!
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 22:57:35 »

True i guess, have a lot of respect for Bodin especially when he missed that penalty for Wales  Smiley
flammableBen

« Reply #501 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 23:03:00 »

"Many people were surprised to see Billy Bodin's name on the team sheet, only for Dossevi to come out wearing Bodin on his shirt, what happened there?"

"Young Bodin has lots of potential but we don't think he's quite there yet. Everyone knows that we're lacking options up front so we got Dossevi to change his name by deed poll."

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 23:05:57 »

i hate to say it,but wilson has to go.he has ran out of excuses and ideas.
his time is up.
there is enough time for someone to go back to basics and lift the confidence of the players,stablise the squad,which apart from upfrotn is pretty good.
they should have enough to survive.

i'd give mad dog the job till the end of the season and go from there.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #503 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 23:08:17 »

Gary johnson for me
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #504 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 23:08:26 »

Gary johnson for me

Me too.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #505 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 23:11:27 »

Tonight's post match interview may have led to a Microsoft inspired Danny Wilson ad campaign on facebook.

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 23:14:07 »

the interview was the nail in the coffin imo.
same old excuses.
alan mac saw us for what we are.he had it spot on.
i hope fitton heard it too.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 23:21:32 »

I honestly can't beleieve that he's still not prepared to take any responsibility for the mess we're in. It's everyone's fault bar his.

At the moment I am doubtful that I will go to watch another game whilst he remains in charge.

Quite frankly my 7 year old son has more idea of tactics and formations than Wilson at the moment and would probably have a better chance of keeping us in League 1!

I hear what you are saying but what about the players?  If Danny is saying do this or cover that and they can't be arsed to do it, who do you blame?  If you blame the manager and get someone else in, they will turn round to the players and say "make sure you mark that guy" or " break quickly when we get the ball in the left back position" but again, the players take no notice.  How much better off are we?  The problem seems to me not the manager but the fact that our players are not very good and not very bright.  I'm hoping the new additions will change things but I am really disappointed with the likes of Douglas, Prutton, JPM, Cuthbert and Ferris who should be top of league 1 in performance but have vanished without a fucking trace. We all know big Vince and Dossevi aren't going to cut it but the midfield need to hang their pathetic heads in shame.  I'd love to know what they earn but about £50 a week would be just recompense for their value.  (Rant over)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 23:23:25 »

the interview was the nail in the coffin imo.
same old excuses.
To be fair, I think the "I made baffling substitutions at a baffling time to confuse and bewilder the opposition" excuse was a new one
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 23:28:10 »

I am really disappointed with the likes of Douglas, Prutton, JPM, Cuthbert and Ferris who should be top of league 1 in performance but have vanished without a fucking trace. We all know big Vince and Dossevi aren't going to cut it but the midfield need to hang their pathetic heads in shame.
Not sure I agree with letting Wilson off the hook and putting the players in the firing line instead in the rest of your post, but this is absolutely bang on. Whatever the manager's deficiencies, the players should know full well they haven't been doing it either. Bit of fucking pride, if only in themselves, could make a lot of difference
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: