Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC Interview Coming Up on Sky Sports News  (Read 13413 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 07:28:07 »

Get over it !! He's gone and quite frankly good fucking riddance. I want a manager who is proud to manage Swindon Town and not some vain Italian who expects all the clubs staff and fans to lick his arse.

If he was so fucking great, why did he walk out on us fans and 'his players' as he called them the night before a game ??

All managers are here to do a job. None of them are going to totally embrace Swindon and be proud to manage us.

The closest you'd get to someone like that would be, well you know who...
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 07:30:14 »

Arm was twisted ?! What utter bollocks. He got in a hissy fit cos uncle Andrew told him he couldn't have anymore new toys. Yes Ritchie was sold but I'm sorry the future of this football club is more important, we could have been royally fucked.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 07:31:35 »

Yes he did, blew the budget and nearly bled us dry. Take your blinkers off.

I was under the impression the budget problems originated from the fees and when the money was due which was agreed by the tribunal.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 07:34:18 »

Did i read he had a 4.5m quid warchest or something for this season? Thats fucking insane if true
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 07:41:49 »

Arm was twisted ?! What utter bollocks. He got in a hissy fit cos uncle Andrew told him he couldn't have anymore new toys. Yes Ritchie was sold but I'm sorry the future of this football club is more important, we could have been royally fucked.

Financial frugality is alright, if you resign yourself to mediocrity. I'm more of a mind to blaze a trail. Football is not about profit or breaking even, if the club is in your heartbeat, sink everything into it.   
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 07:45:05 »

Tans, why is agent Dazza banned from the club?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 07:54:53 »

He didn't walk out Ralphy, he bled Swindon Town, his arm was twisted beyond submission, his position was untenable. You turn upon him very quickly! Why? Why, oh why?

Apaologist

n. A person who argues in defense or justification of a charismatic former manager for no discernible reason after he's left. Often ignoring facts or evidence to the contrary in the interest of continuing a circular argument. May be in possession of a red and white striped scarf. Fond of petitions.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 08:01:15 »

Tans, why is agent Dazza banned from the club?

No idea, was just what i was told.
He swiftly blocked me on twitter when i asked him. I dont think he even works for or with Phil Spencer anymore.

Plus Leon Knight was his Cool
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 08:14:35 »

"Some" of you, Flashheart

I am left bewildered that, possibly, the most decorated chapter in our club's history is being defiled by hate mongers.

You get what you wish for.
'Most decorated chapter in our club's history'?

Get. A. Fucking. Grip.

It's All Good..............
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 08:27:36 »

You were named after my pace of birth, so i'll cut you some slack

For us not fortunate to have seen the '69 heroics, how can you possibly suggest that the last 18 months' have not been the leading lights?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 08:34:13 »

You were named after my pace of birth, so i'll cut you some slack

For us not fortunate to have seen the '69 heroics, how can you possibly suggest that the last 18 months' have not been the leading lights?

Because since 1985 we've won promotion from the second tier twice, had a more impressive promotion from the 4th tier and a league cup semi-final?
Victor Mildew

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 08:43:59 »

To summarise my thoughts as this chapter comes to a close:

He was up amongst the most exciting managers we've seen here on the field and undoubtedly the most exciting off it.
He was a fucking nightmare to deal with for probably one of the most patient and forgiving boards in our history. For these reasons he will miss out on a lot of jobs he is tactically good enough for.
His commitment to his job as a manager and the commitment he demanded from his players was unprecedented.
His inability to forgive players for sometimes quite minor misdemeanours make the possibility of a career in top level management potentially problematic.
His loyalty has always and will always be to himself and the cult of personality he has built around himself everywhere he's been.
This cult of personality, for all the criticism it gets and the problems it caused and the sometimes arrogant and blinkered way it comes across in interviews, was above all what galvanized the fans and revitalised the club after it felt like we'd sunk to a new low after relegation to the bottom division (see Bournemouth and Paul Groves for what happened with similar financial backing but an opposite personality).
I believe his passion is sincere and in the heat of the moment he genuinely feels a deep connection to the fans and his players, even though he is capable of jumping ship 24 hours later and transferring that passion to a new fanbase and set of players without batting an eyelid.
This is hard to comprehend for most fans. It is hard to comprehend because he is a nutter whose head it is very difficult to imagine being inside.
The was one of those sublime eras at a club that lurches regularly from the sublime to the abysmal season to season.
We draw a line under this era now and move on.
We have some fantastic memories to take away from his tenure at the club.
I will give him a good reception when he returns to the CG with another club and i hope other people will too.

Excellent post
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 08:50:47 »

Because since 1985 we've won promotion from the second tier twice, had a more impressive promotion from the 4th tier and a league cup semi-final?

Fair point, and post '89 I was there to see it all. Spending my paper round money to follow us, which in hindisight was a good lesson in life. Never forget the Hoddle season and McMahon's promotion campaign, but really, really? A saga like the which Paolo has given us is a once in a lifetime. And I see posters wrecking this era. Shameless.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 08:52:45 »

To summarise my thoughts as this chapter comes to a close:

He was up amongst the most exciting managers we've seen here on the field and undoubtedly the most exciting off it.
He was a fucking nightmare to deal with for probably one of the most patient and forgiving boards in our history. For these reasons he will miss out on a lot of jobs he is tactically good enough for.
His commitment to his job as a manager and the commitment he demanded from his players was unprecedented.
His inability to forgive players for sometimes quite minor misdemeanours make the possibility of a career in top level management potentially problematic.
His loyalty has always and will always be to himself and the cult of personality he has built around himself everywhere he's been.
This cult of personality, for all the criticism it gets and the problems it caused and the sometimes arrogant and blinkered way it comes across in interviews, was above all what galvanized the fans and revitalised the club after it felt like we'd sunk to a new low after relegation to the bottom division (see Bournemouth and Paul Groves for what happened with similar financial backing but an opposite personality).
I believe his passion is sincere and in the heat of the moment he genuinely feels a deep connection to the fans and his players, even though he is capable of jumping ship 24 hours later and transferring that passion to a new fanbase and set of players without batting an eyelid.
This is hard to comprehend for most fans. It is hard to comprehend because he is a nutter whose head it is very difficult to imagine being inside.
The was one of those sublime eras at a club that lurches regularly from the sublime to the abysmal season to season.
We draw a line under this era now and move on.
We have some fantastic memories to take away from his tenure at the club.
I will give him a good reception when he returns to the CG with another club and i hope other people will too.

Amen to that. Good post!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 08:57:44 »

And I see posters wrecking this era. Shameless.

I don't think the majority of people are - the way he left just leaves a bitter taste and goes against all his principles he has been going on about the last 21 months.

I think town fans in general are just pissed off that when the going gets tough people leave and this has happened time and time again.

And besides Macari > PDC and Hoddle > PDC.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: