Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peacock  (Read 13545 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 10:32:25 »

I thought he was very good when we returned to L1, This may or may not be because of the promotion and the confidence from that I'm not sure. Thought he was very good in midfield with Easton. But yes his days were behind him when he got here, I guess there is a bit of sentiment because he actually seemed to care about playing for Swindon. But no room for sentiment now I guess as we are in a promotion race! 
Rich Pullen

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 10:37:14 »

When you have players like Douglas and Ferry in the middle of the park you realise how below par previous efforts in recent seasons have been.

That's not Peacock's fault - but he was no more than adequate but he put a lot of effort in which is always appreciated by fans.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 10:46:44 »

hmmmmmmmmm

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/4850779.BREAKING_NEWS__Peacock_denies_move_rumour/
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 10:50:43 »

I think I would beleive the beeb over the adver to be honest.

RS said that he may be on his way. Not definate. I personally think his time is up, and if Caddis signs then he will be even further down the list.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 11:06:58 »

He's finished whether he's here until the end of the season or not.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 11:07:59 »

NO smoke without fire??
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 11:18:18 »

given that we've shifted casal and aljofree in the last week, peacock following would make sense.

i don't think anyone would be disappointed to see him leave as league one is not his level anymore, certainly not 'our' level. i imagine he's on a pretty decent wage too.

if he does go, it'd be a shame - he's been a committed to stfc and has genuine affection for the club and the fans
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 11:27:41 »

If Aljofree, Casal and Peacock go then that must release around 250k a year in wages...if not a lot more based upon Casal being on probably 1k a week and Aljofree and Peacock being on 2k per week, which I think is probably a pretty conservative estimate it could well be a lot lot more than that.

Peacock is a nice bloke but he is past his best by a long way now, its sad but we need to move on now and let him explore new pastures and thanks for his efforts in the past.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
iffy

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 11:53:54 »

I feel the same way about this as I did when Migs went. Good servant to the club, likeable guy, but injury prone and now not looking like he'll be troubling the first team. If you're on first team wages, then it's best for both sides if he can move on.

So thanks and good luck.
Dazzza

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 13:12:03 »

Needs games to get back to some sort of form. 

I think he has a few goals left in him but with Austin and Paynter up front plus the midfield we have at our disposal then it makes it difficult for him and the club at this stage in his career.

Good luck to him.  Has anyone got the Only Fools video outside the Trust Office?

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 13:15:20 »

I feel the same way about this as I did when Migs went. Good servant to the club, likeable guy, but injury prone and now not looking like he'll be troubling the first team. If you're on first team wages, then it's best for both sides if he can move on.

So thanks and good luck.

Same.

He's not going to earn another contract here so he needs to be putting himself in the shop window to get a contract in the summer. A loan/transfer away would do him the world of good, especially with the lack of reserve games for him to show scouts what he can do.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 13:30:05 »

mmmmmmmm Peacock denies any move away rumour!

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/4850779.BREAKING_NEWS__Peacock_denies_move_rumour/

LEE Peacock has denied reports linking him with an imminent move away from the County Ground.

The front man spoke to the Advertiser on his way into training this morning, and admitted that while he would prefer more game time, a switch else where is not in the offing just yet.

Peacock said: "I'm still here, still a Swindon player and nothing has been sorted.

"I'm obviously not playing at the moment so things are up in the air a bit, but I haven't heard anything about a move. It's a rumour - that's all."

Rich Pullen

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 13:31:33 »

Really? Wink
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 13:36:07 »

Smoke & Fire maybe?

DMR

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 13:51:36 »

Except Migz when fit was class, whereas Peacock is useless
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: