Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peacock  (Read 13542 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 08:20:05 »

Might be on his way.

Another high earner off the books. Been surplus to requirements since his injury.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 08:32:38 »

Shame as he is one of the decent ones in football and always gives 100% but I can understand why he is only a squad player, I think it was really Sturrock that done it, moved him into midfield he had a few good games there and Malpas played him there at times but Wilson says that Peacs is a striker and unfortunelty I think at this level now he is not quite good enough.
china red

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 08:38:03 »

We really seem to be trimming the deadwood from the squad which is great.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 08:41:00 »

Pubs in Old Town will be gutted first Aljofree potentially going then Peacock that will be a big hit on business.

On a serious note very happy that we are continuing to get rid of the deadwood in the squad and removing players who have not contributed to the team in a long time, losing the large salaries these players were on will be a big boost as well.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 09:15:40 »

What's the source?

Peacock has featured a little bit this season so I'm surprised (if true) in that respect.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 09:18:19 »

What's the source?

Peacock has featured a little bit this season so I'm surprised (if true) in that respect.

Was on Wiltshire Sound this morning in same bit as Pericard signing today.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 09:19:29 »

Wish him all the best, been a good servant to the club and always popular with fans
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 09:25:40 »

Pity if true but not unexpected. Always has been a 100%er for us. Thought he might end up as backroom staff here but probably has more to offer playing at a lower level. Good thing is that with this and possible Caddis inclusion it really shows Towns intent. An additional forward in now would also be good, not sure yet about Pericard though.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 09:42:36 »

Peacock is past it now but would hate to see his Swindon career end like this. Great servent to the club, great with the fans and very respectful. Gutted if he goes.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 09:53:08 »

Peacock is past it now but would hate to see his Swindon career end like this. Great servent to the club, great with the fans and very respectful. Gutted if he goes.

If he's past it as you put it, then he has to go surely?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 09:54:14 »

As I've said elsewhere, I'd keep him on a contract that reflects his value to the side- if he is, as people speculate, a top earner, then he should go.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 09:55:04 »

will you go to the rememberance service
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 10:13:30 »

If he's past it as you put it, then he has to go surely?

When I say Gutted I mean it in the sense that its a shame he is past it now as on his day he was a great player and a great character as well, he seems to love it here. Was great for the fans and younger fans etc as well. Probably a top earner so yeah it is time to go but shame his time at Swindon ended this way really.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 10:18:08 »

Was he a great player though?

Yes he played well a few times, and scored a few goals, but i found him distinctly average. As a person, yes he has a great personality and is good for the fans.

Im still struggling to fathom how he won player of the year in the promotion season, when Jerel Ifil had a far better season
Rich Pullen

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 10:27:56 »

Peacock has done so-so in his four years. He was a fan favourite during the League Two campaign and he has been kind of riding that wave ever since.

I believe his best days were behind him when he signed for us (even though he was only 29).

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: