Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bolton Wanderers vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29748 times)
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 20:43:53 »

I assume from the contexts and highlights that Colkett (sp) was no. 20. Looked good in the highlights.

offensively looks good but made one massive mistake att 55 seconds on the highlights, passes the ball back into our box and loses it, luckily hits the post / vigs and doesn't go in.

Not gonna spill blood over it but he had a massive get out of jail card there.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 20:46:02 »

Thought we'd get hammered when we went 1 down, really surprised we got the win! But chuffed. Looks like Norris and Hylton both put in a decent shift and promising to hear good things about the new boys. Still think we need a couple of more players in before the end of the month though.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 20:48:05 »

Still think we need a couple of more players in before the end of the month though.

I'm inclined to agree.

I just want us to give Bristol Rovers and Oxford a serious go.

Is it so much to ask?
Flashheart

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 21:08:15 »

I'm confident that there's more players coming.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 21:10:52 »

Defender and a striker and I think we're probably all good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 21:14:56 »

Quote from: Flashheart
I'm confident that there's more players coming.

I agree.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 21:18:13 »

Blackburn lad Sherwood hinted at not here yet  Yes
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 21:18:16 »

The one thing we can expect from the players is 100% effort and by & large we got that today.
Surely the players should expect the same from us, that during the games we get behind the team and do everything we can to help them win, unfortunately that wasn't the case.
As soon as we conceded a number of our fans (?) just started singing about how shit we are, and how we are going down.
Fortunately our players have a bit more bottle than some of our fans & got themselves back in the game.
The support was there when we equalised, just would have been better if it was there when we conceded
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 21:26:10 »

Didn't realise Dabo played at left back. Sounds like he did ok out of position.

Thought he was outstanding to be honest.

Playing a diamond in midfield meant we left the full backs exposed, but he seemed to be able to recover when he needed to.

Thomas struggled defensively on the other side, but considering he's a midfield player than can cover at centre half in an emergency he kept going and looked a threat going forward in the second half
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 21:31:50 »

Stewards - Heavy handed 'removed' a few town fans for no apparent reason.

To be fair one of them was right behind me and kept standing on the back of the seats. Was warned several times but kept doing it
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 21:52:32 »

The one thing we can expect from the players is 100% effort and by & large we got that today.
Surely the players should expect the same from us, that during the games we get behind the team and do everything we can to help them win, unfortunately that wasn't the case.
As soon as we conceded a number of our fans (?) just started singing about how shit we are, and how we are going down.
Fortunately our players have a bit more bottle than some of our fans & got themselves back in the game.
The support was there when we equalised, just would have been better if it was there when we conceded
As soon as that goal went in our "fans" were morons until we scored. If you want "power out" then fine, but support the team whilst they have a chance.

Funnily enough, once we scored I didn't hear a Power Out chant.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #176 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 23:07:04 »

Thought we'd get anihilated. Very happy to be wrong. Didn't think they had it in them.
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #177 on: Sunday, January 15, 2017, 00:03:11 »

offensively looks good but made one massive mistake att 55 seconds on the highlights, passes the ball back into our box and loses it, luckily hits the post / vigs and doesn't go in.

Not gonna spill blood over it but he had a massive get out of jail card there.

Personally I think that was pure bad luck, Branco suddenly changed direction just before the pass. Would have gone down as one of those things rather than a clanger, no one to blame
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, January 15, 2017, 00:03:44 »

Didn't realise Dabo played at left back. Sounds like he did ok out of position.

A couple of Bolton fans on the delayed 1717 from Horwich Parkway spoke highly of the "left back in the yellow boots" and the "tall number 7" so I guess we had an impressive debut and an impressive third debut from Dabo and Gladwin.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, January 15, 2017, 11:00:04 »

Well that was brilliant, one of the best games I've been to in a long time, incredible scenes in the away end when the winner went in!! And also got to say how friendly some of the Bolton fans were on the train back to Manchester, very complimentary and wished us all the best  Pint
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: