Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bolton Wanderers vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29450 times)
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 10:53:17 »

And all this was done with the notable absentees of Rodgers, Boo, Barry and dare I say it....
Brophy and the sicknotes Obika and Thompson

The future is looking a little brighter.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 11:07:19 »

Fuck me how bad must they be if we looked fitter than them?

Indeed, I assume its not been reported that a large proportion of their team must have been on crutches?
Panda Paws

« Reply #197 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 11:15:57 »

And all this was done with the notable absentees of Rodgers, Boo, Barry and dare I say it....
Brophy and the sicknotes Obika and Thompson

The future is looking a little brighter.

I think everyone inside and outside the club recognise that Rodgers, Boo, Brophy and possibly Barry, although good last year, are L2 players at best and aren't part of the future of this club on the pitch.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #198 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 11:16:44 »

Indeed, I assume its not been reported that a large proportion of their team must have been on crutches?
Their fans have put a lot of it down to still being in the FA cup and that Parkinson doesn't rotate the squad but sticks to his tried and trusted 11 week in week out.

Sounds like a cop out excuse to me, I would rather we had a settled side.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Stevens

« Reply #199 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 11:16:47 »

Bolton do not change their team around much, which can be a good thing, at the moment their supports think they need new faces to push for promotion, the current lot look knackered.
Panda Paws

« Reply #200 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 12:07:47 »

They're under embargo aren't they?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #201 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 12:08:33 »

They're under embargo aren't they?
Yes they are, so Parkinsons hands are tied a little.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #202 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 12:28:50 »

Looking at their squad my heart is hardly fucking bleeding for them.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/team/
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 13:05:22 »

I think everyone inside and outside the club recognise that Rodgers, Boo, Brophy and possibly Barry, although good last year, are L2 players at best and aren't part of the future of this club on the pitch.
Still think there's a player in Brophy. Agree with the other 3 though.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 14:34:17 »

I've written my thoughts on the game for The Washbag. Nothing much to add to what's been said here though really. A superb away day, a decent performance, and hopefully a turning point.

https://thewashbag.com/2017/01/15/report-bolton-wanderers-1-2-swindon-town/
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 14:35:31 »

Still think there's a player in Brophy. Agree with the other 3 though.

He reminds me of a poor man's Aaron Lennon.

Lots of pace, runs at people, scare the shit out of them, but when he gets in positions to hurt the other team there's not usually any end product.

However, even if he only runs at people to get us free kicks he shows more worth to the team than some others.

There was one game earlier in the season where he was absolutely useless for about 50 mins, and then he suddenly took on his full back & tore him a new one. After that he looked like a world beater (well, almost)
sgt rock

« Reply #206 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 15:07:06 »

Brophy needs to learn to kick with his right foot, far too predictable at the moment.

Always amazes me how many professionals are unable to kick with their 'wrong' foot.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 15:30:40 »

He reminds me of a poor man's Aaron Lennon.

Lots of pace, runs at people, scare the shit out of them, but when he gets in positions to hurt the other team there's not usually any end product.

However, even if he only runs at people to get us free kicks he shows more worth to the team than some others.

There was one game earlier in the season where he was absolutely useless for about 50 mins, and then he suddenly took on his full back & tore him a new one. After that he looked like a world beater (well, almost)

I kind of get what you mean, but for me Brophy is nothing like Aaron Lennon.  Lennon came out of the template footballer more or less invented by Brian Clough with Franz Carr....namely quick right sided black lads, without much end product besides nuisance value.  Clough went that way when the small Sweatie ginger winger/midfielder mine in Lanarkshire was closed down by Thatcher in the 80's....Brophy maybe more resembling a cut price early Archie Gemmell.

The peak player of the type Jermaine Pennant, Notts C had noticed Clough's creation and signed up a young Pennant who left school at 15 famously illiterate....he even managed to fool Wenger that he was a player, for a while.  Pennant's zenith was reached when leaving his top end Porsche in Spain after a spell with Zaragoza, claiming he'd forgotten he owned one.

Other notables, if you want a leftie....Wee Anthony MacNamee.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 16, 2017, 16:29:45 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #208 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 18:06:16 »

Jermaine Pennant - only English footballer to start a Champs League final but never win a full international cap.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 08:18:42 »

I've written my thoughts on the game for The Washbag. Nothing much to add to what's been said here though really. A superb away day, a decent performance, and hopefully a turning point.

https://thewashbag.com/2017/01/15/report-bolton-wanderers-1-2-swindon-town/

Nice write up.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: