Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Huddersfield Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38795 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 23:10:30 »

Had a look on a few Uderrsfield forums and it doesn't surprise me too much that hardly any of them give us any sort of credit for today's win. They put most of it down to their seven ? Changes and lack of commitment.
Very proud again tonight to be a Town fan.

Doesn't suprise me Notts!!!As long as we all know the score that's what matters so  Smug Fuck Off to them  Cheesy

#VivaKenBarlow!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 23:57:52 »

Too much expectation, with 40 caps for his country i think many people thought he would come in and boss the midfield. Too me he seems really slow and his passing is often poor but if he had come from non league the hatred would not be there
40 caps for Namibia hardly had me drooling, Risser deserved his place in today's starting eleven after Tuesday night. He isn't the quickest but he still looked as though he had running in him right to the end today. Some fans haven't taken to him for whatever reason but like it or not he has played a big part in our last two wins. I personally would have Smith starting in the centre with Si but that isnt because Risser isn't good enough for us.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 06:51:40 »

I had a read of downatthemac.com last night and as others have said, no credit at all.

Comments like "Wendies and Charlton will tear us a new arsehole if we can't even beat fucking Swindon".

"We made Swindon look good".

"Embarrassing".

According to them, we're merely tiny minnows compared to the massive club that is 'uddersfield.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 08:11:14 »

Sunday morning & I'm still on a high. Read the match synopsis & agree with what's been said. That was the best TEAM performance for a long while. Not the best football, not the most classical of displays but everyone gave their all.  I feared the worst when Huddersfield scored & Novak did his 'great I am' pose.  But the team grew in stature & upped their efforts and what a result.

Personally I thought there were 11 man of the match performances and 7 changes or not, Huddersfield were still a good test for us. A test that we rose to, met head on & overcame. Some of the Huddersfield forums were amusing, undecided whether to adopt the 'glad we're out of the cup ' line or 'We were shite today'.  I was surprised that Lee Clarke isn't that popular with some fans - 42 league games unbeaten & some still doubt him!!!

Still yesterday was about us - great to see the team in Red shirts & white shorts again & the fans in fine voice supporting us as we turn over a team from a higher division in the cup. Who said nostalgia isn't what it was?  Shame it went unnoticed by ITV but cup upsets only refer to non-league teams beating league opposition apparently . Long drive back last night but well worth it after that performance
Acetripper

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 08:48:51 »

Well what can I say! Very well done Swindon Town. I did see the match although I wasn't actually at the game, I picked up a wonderful HD link on the internet. Brilliant!

How I saw it was, your lads started very brightly but we gradually got a grip and started to create. When we went a goal ahead I thought 'that's it!' we'll now play the patient game that's served us so well this year. But none of it, you harried us, chased everything and made it count by scoring two super goals.

In the second half we gave you a good game and could have drawn level or better but once again your lads stood firm and were up to the task. I thought you ran out very worthy winners in the end. I'm not going to make the excuse that we made seven changes and I'm not going to say we played that badly either, I just thought Swindon Town played very very well! You just wanted it more than us and great credit has to be given for the manner in which your lads applied themselves, full of desire and the will to win. You can feel justifiably proud of them! Well done!

Regards until next time, which on that evidence will be soon!

AceT (HTFC)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 08:52:35 »

Nice to see The People have improved their reporting on us.

Picture of De Vita in the report and it says .... New Swindon star Mehdi Kerrouche celebrates.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #321 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 08:54:21 »

Fair play acetripper
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 08:56:35 »

Highlights now on ITV website.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/facup/matchhighlights/2011-12firstroundhighlights/
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 08:57:34 »

Acetripper, thanks for that.  I respect HTFC because of the way that they have bounced back from last years disappointment.  If only we had done the same after we lost to Millwall at Wembley.  The funny thing is, relegation is probably the best thing that could have happened to us.  Had we stayed up we would never have taken a punt on Di Canio who I think is the best thing to happen to this club since Glenn Hoddle.  These are certainly exciting times for both of our clubs.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 09:03:30 »

The People also say we got Kerrouche from the Oman 2nd Division.

I thought it was the United Arab Emirites myself.

Makes me think they're deliberatley making mistakes to piss us off.
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 09:09:29 »

Watching the goals again on the ITV website, all 4 are great goals, Kerroche's is my favourite because of Ferry's run, memories of Home v Charlton in the play offs.  Somehow I don't think Ritchie will be the only player attracting scouts these days.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 09:37:28 »

In the second half we gave you a good game and could have drawn level or better but once again your lads stood firm and were up to the task.

In all honesty I'm surprised that it looked like this from the TV feed. From my completely biased view from the stands you had a reasonable amount of possession in the second half but rather than looking like draw level to me you posed no real threat whatsoever.

Splitting hairs really. Good luck with the rest of the season.

PS. What have you done to break Danny Ward?!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 10:05:27 »

PS. What have you done to break Danny Ward?!

I don't think he's recovered from the hernia whilst at Coventry at the start of last season.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 10:27:24 »

Basking in the glow of yesterdays fully deserved tremendous win. Nice sunday morning reading through this thread, just one comment to add from me and that's about Risser.
Agree he started badly but I thought he improved as the game went on and played/fought his way back into it and didn't look out of place by the end, also he has been injured and is short of match fitness. Glad to see he clearly has the Towns cause at heart.
It's dissapointing that after the effort all the lads put in that some fans still find the need to moan, but that's their entitlement I suppose. Roll Eyes
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 10:33:04 »

Was it part of some sort of sponsorship arrangement with a cinema chain that we started with Thompson and Thompson on the bench?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: