Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dont you wankers dare!!!  (Read 5679 times)
Asher

« on: Saturday, March 25, 2006, 20:30:49 »

start coming on here saying we will stay up now after all being doom and gloom all week saying we are down.....

Ps - mex and yeovil still owe me a drink

pps - dave I will kill you next time I see you

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 25, 2006, 20:34:57 »

i still think we will go down,but was pleased with the second half performance.
i  hope we stay up though and will continue my support.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 25, 2006, 20:37:12 »

It could still go either way. That win was much needed but we can't stop now.There is work to be done and IF we do it we have a chance.

Nobody can tell a it stands though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 25, 2006, 20:43:06 »

Lets be honest, it wasnt *that* good. Chesterfield played none up front and created nothing. Our back line were passing it around for fun, not even a Chesterfield player closing them down.

Chesterfield are one of the only teams in mid table with nothing left to play for. They werent even bothered

Saying that 2nd half was good, the lanky french guy looked very good I thought. Quick to close down, hard in the tackle. Calm on the ball....good control....could pass the ball, good positional awareness and seem very talkative and pointy(!!) everything Pook wasnt in the first half.

Chesterfield sat back and let us play, when teams do that our better ball players (used to be Migz, now Whalley) can do damage.

Most of the other teams we have yet to play all have something to play for so wont be as roll-over-and-die as Chesterfield were today.

We will still go down....
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 25, 2006, 20:59:10 »

I'm actually quite interested to listen to the Hartlepool game. That should be a cracker !

I don't think we can lift our game for that match, but if we did, then it would make the next few games interesting.

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 25, 2006, 21:31:01 »

dv85 i have to say i agree with all of your above post,but pook was not the only midfielder in the first half that was poor,they all were.
i did like the look of the french lad,he will keep his place in the team i am sure
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 25, 2006, 21:45:52 »

Good to hear a loan signing having a good effect. Was wondering about Iffy's signings but he seems to have done well this time.
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 25, 2006, 21:51:15 »

Thought the second half performance might be the sort of thing we need to stay up, although it's too little too late.

Sorry Ash  Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 25, 2006, 22:05:05 »

Quote from: "arriba"
dv85 i have to say i agree with all of your above post,but pook was not the only midfielder in the first half that was poor,they all were.
i did like the look of the french lad,he will keep his place in the team i am sure

I only mentioned Pook because he was the one to go off....

CCP took a while to get into the game, which is expected because he has been out for a while

Whalley was alright first half I though....alot more steel in him that I thought...

Hes about 8ft tall, he knows how to pass the ball
Diagogogogogogogogogogogooooo
Spencer_White

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 06:10:26 »

Ash is right though.

I cant understand people (like Tails in particular) who seem to want to go on every board and state that we are relegated. Why? So you can feel clever? So you can say I told you so at the end of the season?

Its like this. We arent very good. But neither are a lot of other teams. Its only over when its over. Still points to be won and lost. And until then we need every town fan. Trench mentality. Backs to the wall. Never give up.

Just shows the deterioration in the quality of our support to me. Particularly away. In 1999/2000 we were relegated early. But we still took loads suprisingly good away followings and outsung most home teams. In 2001 we werent great, but the fans we really up for it when it mattered. Places like Northampton, Wycombe, Brentford we really took over 2nd half of that season.

Too many boring statto fans now. Intent on throwing in the towel. Not interested in being up for the fight, just incase they might be proven wrong. Yeah we had humiliation at Forest. But wheres your fight?
Asher

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 06:54:58 »

Good post spencer.  Quiet turn out yesterday from our lot.

Train doesnt look good back from swansea so may be a car game
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 11:31:40 »

I've always kept hope, although it does get less and less. I've said its not over until its over but parts of me do think we'll go down.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 12:32:04 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Ash is right though.

I cant understand people (like Tails in particular) who seem to want to go on every board and state that we are relegated. Why? So you can feel clever? So you can say I told you so at the end of the season?

Its like this. We arent very good. But neither are a lot of other teams. Its only over when its over. Still points to be won and lost. And until then we need every town fan. Trench mentality. Backs to the wall. Never give up.

Just shows the deterioration in the quality of our support to me. Particularly away. In 1999/2000 we were relegated early. But we still took loads suprisingly good away followings and outsung most home teams. In 2001 we werent great, but the fans we really up for it when it mattered. Places like Northampton, Wycombe, Brentford we really took over 2nd half of that season.

Too many boring statto fans now. Intent on throwing in the towel. Not interested in being up for the fight, just incase they might be proven wrong. Yeah we had humiliation at Forest. But wheres your fight?

at the end of the day, when all's said and done, there's more than one way to skin a cat.
that's what i say.

officially blacker than the night.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 12:36:12 »

to be perfectly honest spencer, too many cooks spoil the broth, take my mother in law, she always said to me "a boy in the bush is worth 2 in the hand".
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 13:02:28 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"

And until then we need every town fan. Trench mentality. Backs to the wall. Never give up.

No, thats the mentality our players should have....
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: