Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dont you wankers dare!!!  (Read 5751 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 13:03:24 »

expecation is a dangerous thing, it's safer for some to believe we'll go down then they won't be disappointed if we do.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 13:32:55 »

IMO we:

1/ We will finish 21st and be relegated on Goal Difference. Thanks Forest.

2/ We will have a corker of a season next year and be Champions.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 13:36:07 »

i can't see us going straight back up if we go down. If we go down there will be a big change in the squad i reckon. Several players will probably move on, or get release by mutual consent.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 15:14:58 »

i'm over the moon

officially blacker than the night.
fatbury

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 16:25:39 »

im still hoping but my head says no ...
my-velocity

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 17:04:52 »

You didn't hear some people in the Arkells then chanting "We are staying up say we are staying up"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 18:18:21 »

i think we have left it too late sadly
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 06:56:51 »

it's safer for some to believe we'll go down then they won't be disappointed if we do

Of course i'll be disappointed and upset,its just easier to believe the worse,then when we do go down the pain is lessened slightly.I agree with Rich,we've left it too late and lost too many games we should have drawn or won.Saturday was a must win game but i still haven't changed my mind about the outcome of the season Crying

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 08:56:31 »

Next sauturday is going to be torcher, and town aren't even playing! Stay within touching distance after most of the games in hand are used up and it will set off a 'not dead just yet' posting flurry.

We should keep Saturday in perspective. It could be a massive result but Chesterfield can't beat an egg at the moment (boom boom, I'm here all week).

To be honest I expect us to go down, I'm prepatring mentally for it like larwood says.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 14:50:31 »

To be honest I expect us to go down, I'm prepatring mentally for it like larwood says.

As they say a pessimist is never disappointed Sad

And fate has just
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 15:15:09 »

Quote from: "larwood"

As they say a pessimist is never disappointed Sad

On the other hand, the optimist and the pessimist always end up in the same place, but the optimist has a better time getting there.

Or something.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 15:18:25 »

On the other hand, the optimist and the pessimist always end up in the same place, but the optimist has a better time getting there.

Soapy Tit Wank
To me the glass is always half empty though Sad ,i've been a Town fan for so long its effected me mentally i'm sure of it,i'm going to sue Wink

And fate has just
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 15:54:41 »

My gut feeling is that we will go down but it will be close.  If that does happen and we spend next season hovering around the play off places (or better) then that to me will be far preferable to another season struggling in league one.

'At the end of the day', people just want to see their team win more games than they lose.  What division they are in is almost irrelevant.

We could of course do a Torquay and this time next season we will be struggling to stay in the league.  I prefer to believe that we will do ok. Whatever happens I can do sweet fa about it except hope for the best.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 16:37:17 »

Well the win against Chesterfield was vital.  If we lost or drew against them,  then i think relegation would have been a dead cert.

However, our next two home games against Hartlepool and Franchise are huge.  If we get 6 points from them 2 games, then its game on.  We need 6 points and no less.

Swansea away will be difficult,  but they are on a sticky patch at the moment, so you never know what will happen.  We will probably lose,  but it would be nice to think we could maybe grab a point

Scunthorpe away will probably be a tough game, but hopefully Scunny will be safe by then - have nothing to play for,  and maybe we could come away with at least a point

Brentford and Huddesfield at home will be tough, as i guess they will be up there fighting for automatic promotion, or juggling for playoff place positions.

Shitty City away again looks tough on paper, and i guess their players and fans will be up for the game -   just to try and send us down

My points predicition for Town

3 points against Hartlepool
0 points against Swansea
1 point against Franchise  (we always fuck up when we have ticket promotions)

1 point against Scunny
3 points against Brentford  (we always seem to beat them at home)
0 points against City
3 points against Huddesfield

Total points  53    Oops    Will that be enough?
lumpimynci

« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 16:41:01 »

Quote from: "Johno"
i can't see us going straight back up if we go down. If we go down there will be a big change in the squad i reckon. Several players will probably move on, or get release by mutual consent.

Stay up or go down, I think you'll find that's likely. Short term contracts, low wages and underperformance mean we turn over half the bloody team most summers.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: