Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Dagenham & Redbridge - Official Match day Thread  (Read 59580 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 21:46:49 »

Great goal at 4 minutes in.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 21:48:49 by CHRIS_STFC » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 21:51:19 »

Leon clarke was at the game.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 21:51:57 »

No shit.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 21:52:44 »

Really?! Eek  Wink
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 21:53:18 »

No shit.

Just thought I would state the obvious you moody shit ;-)

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 21:53:20 »

Do you have a job at the BBC doing match previews?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 21:54:55 »

STGary_Rose Gary Rose
Have to say it sounds promising about Clarke, he has just spent 20 minutes talking with PDC, full story in tomorrow's Adver
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 21:57:03 »

Trying not to get too carried away, but Clarke should be a class above at this level. Hope he comes in time to play on Sunday, this news has at least made me a little more positive than I was at full time.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 21:57:38 »

On way back.

Awful doesn't cover it

And unfortunately this means it was clearly no better live than it sounded on the radio.

It certainly will be interesting to see who lines up on Sunday.  I'd like to see Manks, Ferry, Connell and the hopefully new striker (Clarke?) start with Thompson, Risser, De Vita and Bodin dropped.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #579 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 22:05:45 »

So we're struggling against physical sides and the answer is to bring Ferry in. I really don't get the love in with Ferry. Yes he has the potential to be a good player but he looks pretty ordinary to me. 
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #580 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 22:08:54 »

I do't thik we are struggling with the physical side to be fair i have seen nothing to suggest that apart from up front obviously which we are trying to solve.

I think someone like ferry is needed as he is calm on the ball and can slow it down.Interesting to see that the penalty tonight was their only shot on target,that cant be right can it?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 22:11:29 »

So we're struggling against physical sides and the answer is to bring Ferry in. I really don't get the love in with Ferry. Yes he has the potential to be a good player but he looks pretty ordinary to me. 

I don't think he's wonderful by any stretch of the imagination, but from what I've seen so far from Risser, he's not offering a great deal.  On the basis that Timlin and Smith seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth, we're not left with many options.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 22:18:05 »

Useless clip without football manager stats to back it up Smiley

here you go then chummy:

[url width=799 height=362]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/1kinkytom/leon.jpg[/url]

i really think he'd be amazing in this league - as was said by someone when we were first linked he's better than davies who scored loads for chesterfield last season

should be fit, what with training for warnock at a premier league intensity

knifey spoony

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 22:19:21 »

If we'd lost the first two and then won this one, we'd all be ecstatic right now, yet we're in exactly the same position points-wise.

From what I've heard, we've been narrowly edged out in two closely fought away games. No shame in that.

That said, Paolo maybe should've gambled on a couple of changes tonight. Connell, Ferry, and maybe even Kerrouche should all be starting on Sunday.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 22:33:45 »

Am I the first one back from the game then? Oh dear. Here goes...

First half, Daggers were quicker out of the blocks and we looked a bit disorganised. We played in a similar way to the Cheltenham game really - too much hoofball with De Vita and Bodin winning next to nothing in the air and being unable to hold the ball up. The main positives were that Phil Smith commanded his area well, and Esejas was running rings around their defenders at times. I have no idea if De Vita was fouled for the penalty appeal, but he was pretty livid after it wasn't given and he was through on goal otherwise.

Second half, we just seemed to lack ideas. Nothing much was happening and the game was crying out for a change. After De Vita and Bodin once more wasted possession between them Paolo threw his arms up in the air, called Connell over and brought him on. Suddenly the Town fans had belief, and the players responded, with neater passing, energetic closing down and some serious pressure on the Daggers defence. Connell was putting himself about and winning things and it looked like we might score. A few chances came our way, one or two which were blocked or cleared off the line... but then it all died down when the penalty was given. I have no idea if the ref got it right or wrong, it was at the other end. But that was that. We lost our way and started playing hoofball again. the ref started blowing up for anything even close to a foul, booking Ritchie for an accidental handball, booking Kerrouche for what may or may not have even been a foul, penalising Connell for going in for a 50-50 ball and generally disrupting the game. We looked lost, and I can only hope we have a few more ideas come Sunday.

I'd like to see Connell start, possibly with Kerrouche. Ferry in for Risser isn't a bad shout, and we really need to see more from Matt Ritchie soon. I'd give man of the match to Flint tonight, making it 3 out of 3 for him. It says a lot about the way we've performed.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: