Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Dagenham & Redbridge - Official Match day Thread  (Read 59161 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 09:10:41 »

I always like to read the opposition thoughts so here is what they had to say.

http://thedaggersscale.blogspot.com/2011/08/daggers-1-0-swindon-mamma-mia.html

Thats a good read. Nice to see a fairly unbiased opinion of the game.

We failed to breakdown a Daggers team with a huge injury list.  No
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 09:18:28 »

I think the reason behind much of the overreaction so far is the obvious parallels to last season - high expectations not being matched, glaringly obvious omission of a certain Scottish midfielder, key positions not being filled, 'key' spine players not performing and when you consider other factors such as a weak pre-season, players not gelling quickly enough then I can completely understand the overreaction.

At least PDC doesn't seem reluctant to make decisions and changes when they're required.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 09:25:13 »

Just scanned the thread as I was out last night!

Fucking hilarious.  Congratulations to the overeacting mongs!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 09:30:37 »

Just scanned the thread as I was out last night!

Fucking hilarious.  Congratulations to the overeacting mongs!

The mongs who actually go to the games or the mongs who go out on match days?  Wink

Cats are better than dogs FACT
adje

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 09:31:45 »

Just thinking we as a forum seem to be split between "overreacting mongs" and "chilled-out let's give it 12 games before we panic"types.Will people be ok to give it 8 more games if we lose on Sunday?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 09:39:07 »

Am I the first one back from the game then? Oh dear. Here goes...

First half, Daggers were quicker out of the blocks and we looked a bit disorganised. We played in a similar way to the Cheltenham game really - too much hoofball with De Vita and Bodin winning next to nothing in the air and being unable to hold the ball up. The main positives were that Phil Smith commanded his area well, and Esejas was running rings around their defenders at times. I have no idea if De Vita was fouled for the penalty appeal, but he was pretty livid after it wasn't given and he was through on goal otherwise.

Second half, we just seemed to lack ideas. Nothing much was happening and the game was crying out for a change. After De Vita and Bodin once more wasted possession between them Paolo threw his arms up in the air, called Connell over and brought him on. Suddenly the Town fans had belief, and the players responded, with neater passing, energetic closing down and some serious pressure on the Daggers defence. Connell was putting himself about and winning things and it looked like we might score. A few chances came our way, one or two which were blocked or cleared off the line... but then it all died down when the penalty was given. I have no idea if the ref got it right or wrong, it was at the other end. But that was that. We lost our way and started playing hoofball again. the ref started blowing up for anything even close to a foul, booking Ritchie for an accidental handball, booking Kerrouche for what may or may not have even been a foul, penalising Connell for going in for a 50-50 ball and generally disrupting the game. We looked lost, and I can only hope we have a few more ideas come Sunday.

I'd like to see Connell start, possibly with Kerrouche. Ferry in for Risser isn't a bad shout, and we really need to see more from Matt Ritchie soon. I'd give man of the match to Flint tonight, making it 3 out of 3 for him. It says a lot about the way we've performed.

Absolutely spot on. I came away feeling throughly disheartened last night, but I don't like being overly negative so early on because players are still settling. But at what stage do we start to worry?

Look, take the penalty out of the equation and there was no way we were losing last night. Dagenham were really, really bad. if we had drawn,  a hard-fought point is palatable and four points from three – including two away games – doesn't sound so bad.

I think some of the foreign lads will settle in time, what worries me more is our reluctance to select our best players. Connell is streets ahead of de vita and Bodin and must start every game, while Risser just hasn't settled. How long do we give him? Maybe he is mustard and will get better, but we are carrying him at the mo - that is without question. If Ferry isn't going to play come what may, then why not sell him and buy someone else - his exclusion is so baffling.

And Amankwaah? I'm just concerned we're overlooking our more experienced players.

Paolo talks the talk, he really does talk sense, but he has to start transmitting that to his selections and more importantly, get his passion and  ideas drilled into the players.

Only Connell, Kerrooooooooooouche, Flint and McCormack can come out of last night's game with any credit. Maybe Esejas...

Sunday is fricking massive. We can't afford to be nervous, we can't afford a slow start. We need to be up and at em. We need to be solid, potent going forward. We need to be organised. We need to be fucking up for it.

3 points, pride, honour... I'm nervous it after last night's performance, but a win could really solve some questions and kickstart our campaign. Paolo has learned some tough lessons, it's what he learns from them.

my team, based on the two games i've seen so far, and if clarke signs would be:

smith

mankwaah     flint      comazzi/devera      cobochi

Caddis        McCormack      Ferry        Ritchie/Esejas

connell              clarke
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #621 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 09:46:08 »

Just thinking we as a forum seem to be split between "overreacting mongs" and "chilled-out let's give it 12 games before we panic"types.Will people be ok to give it 8 more games if we lose on Sunday?

The difference for me is last season the manager and team were in denial, Paolo is very up front about our shortcomings. I hope for this reason the losses are blips.
dannywilliamsisgod

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 10:49:26 »

The difference for me is last season the manager and team were in denial, Paolo is very up front about our shortcomings. I hope for this reason the losses are blips.
I hope the losses are blips too.The results in themselves are not the immediate cause for concern,although it would obviously have been better had we won.What is a cause for concern is the performances, which apart from a couple of decent spells have been dire.I'm not a little concerned with Di Cannio's team selection, and tactics, not having Devara on the bench last night was poor, and if Timlin is genuinely not in the squad because he gave Di Cannio a bit of back chat that is sad, and could conceivably lead to Di Cannio loosing the dressing room pretty quickly if he continues in that vein.Given the generally poor level of performance so far does anyone really think that getting Clarke in on loan is going to significantly improve matters?It's fair enough to point out that Di Cannio is new, and learning the ropes, and that the new players need time to gel.I think that the signs are not great at the moment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 10:59:06 »

does anyone really think that getting Clarke in on loan is going to significantly improve matters?

It might, we seem to be going long ball at the moment. We may have more chance of winning a few and getting the other striker in the game.

Or it may make bugger all difference.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 12:01:45 »

This may get me banned, but a very small part of me wants us to lose on Sunday just to see the reaction of some on here...   Suicide

It feels much like last season, which is odd given that the squad has changed hugely.  That said, di Canio's first game in charge, a squad of strangers, a team recently relegated so confidence may still be hit, there's plenty of time for that to change.

That said, anything outside the top 7 this season will be a failure.
Dozno9

« Reply #625 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 12:06:10 »

Looking at Risser's past he has made 167 appearances in 12 years and has made 26 appearances since 2009. He has had 6 clubs in 4 years spanning 4 countries.

He has certainly not had a recent history of stable football but has played at a reasonable level in Germany and at international level (albeit it being Namibia).

He should be more than able to cut it at this level and PDC has seen something in him although I haven't yet. Although being captain shouldn't stop you being dropped he may be better off coming of the bench for a few games and giving the captaincy to Caddis so he can settle a bit more.

He seems to have been thrown in the deep end by PDC and is struggling to find his feet. I hope this is right and he's just not crap.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 12:12:12 »

Looking at Risser's past he has made 167 appearances in 12 years and has made 26 appearances since 2009. He has had 6 clubs in 4 years spanning 4 countries.

He has certainly not had a recent history of stable football but has played at a reasonable level in Germany and at international level (albeit it being Namibia).

He should be more than able to cut it at this level and PDC has seen something in him although I haven't yet. Although being captain shouldn't stop you being dropped he may be better off coming of the bench for a few games and giving the captaincy to Caddis so he can settle a bit more.

He seems to have been thrown in the deep end by PDC and is struggling to find his feet. I hope this is right and he's just not crap.

Surely that is a concern rather than affirmation that he is a decent player?

That said, I think it's very early days to be judging a player who hasn't been plying his trade in this country.  But then, it could be argued if that's the case, why was he given the captaincy in the first place?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 12:30:17 »

Oh dear.
I thought we had seen the back of last season.
lacking players that can hold on to a ball is costing us dear!
Sunday is now bigger than ever!
Get a big striker and fucking quick!
No more talk!!!!

Clems Army!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 12:49:32 »

The mongs who actually go to the games or the mongs who go out on match days?  Wink

Well a lot of the mongs that were overeacting whilst listening on the radio were backed up a few hours later by mongs that were at the game so work it out for yourself.

Unfortunately my daughters birthday celebrations overtook the desire to travel to Dagenham on a Tuesday night, I unlike a few of the mongs know where my priorities lie. Wink

I have said right from the start of the season that I believe that we will start slow, I thought I had that wrong after Crewe but it seems I may have been right, but not necessarily.  IMO it is going to be 1 of 3 things:

1.) We will start slow and kick in after 6-8 games sometime in September (unfortunately too late for the POX)
2.) We are decent at home but crap on the road, in which case we will probably finish mid-table (maybe just outside PO's)
3.) We are going to have a season like last year, in which case the mongs will be justified

Either way, I am certainly not going to panic now, these things do take time whether the mongs like it or not.  You can't almost completely replace a team with a bunch of players most of whom have never played in England before and expect them to gel as a team in 3 games, ain't gonna happen, never, no chance.

I will join the mongs at the start of October if we are still performing as we are at the moment, results wise anyway.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Keroooosh

« Reply #629 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 13:18:28 »

2.) We are decent at home but crap on the road, in which case we will probably finish mid-table (maybe just outside PO's)

I think this could be the reality this season, away from home we are going to struggle.
Team for Oxford IMO must be
Smith
Caddis Flint Devera (comazzi injured?) Kennedy
Ritchie Ferry McCormack Esajes
Connell Keroooosh

Hopefully this will bring a resounding  Smug Fuck Off to our friends up the a420 Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: