Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bury: Match Day Thread  (Read 51323 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 23:31:53 »

Had a bit of an epiphany today as I left the ground after 40 minutes and heads towards the Merlin. There was a time in my life when I would be heartbroken until Tuesday after a performance like that. Today I was sipping a Coors by the time the second half kicked off. This will probably sound daft but as I mosied up past the fire station I was thinking about the TEF, and the time I was so in love with the game, and the forum, that I was willing to shove myself in the back of Whits' Focus on a Tuesday night and go to Chesterfield to watch the boys. I'm sure you'll all miss me, especially Sutton Red, but as I thought about that I figured it was time to give the whole STFC thing the flick once and for all. Let's be fair it's utter shit isn't it? Fare well all.

I had the same epiphany when Paul Hart took over. I've been to three games since then - which must be close to 5 years ago now and feel a lot better for it.

The Di Canio era nearly bought me back. Loved the blokes drive, determination and passion. It galvanised the club. That's all long gone now.

I follow the results (when I remember) I completely forgot about both Easter games!

Nothing worse than supporting a nothing club, just treading water, happy to be alive. All that gets you is complacence and fuck all.
Flashheart

« Reply #121 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 23:43:05 »

Ha.

DMR has flounced, what a girl.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 23:44:01 »

It must be bad if DMR deletes his account
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 23:48:41 »

OMG I trolled a troll off the internet how hard am I? (just ask the wife)
deltaincline

« Reply #124 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 00:01:39 »

Power has invested invested in players. He's spent more on transfer fees than Black did.

I'll bite.

It's cuntish, bullshit statements like you've made there that perpetuate the myth that Power has invested in players and is therefore entitled to make a profit when our players are sold.

1: He can't personally invest in players - read the fucking FL rules.
2: He can't personally profit from player sales (see above)

Like a lot of fans, I sit here reading stupid, ill informed 'facts' about what a fucking super hero Lee Power is and about how he's entitled to make a profit, while the club is rapidly disappearing down the khazi.

The same old shit from gormless, idiot supporters about giving him a chance to get things right, and him being the only one willing to fund the club literally makes me want to vomit.

In reality, I see the crowds dwindling, the squad getting more and more threadbare, embarrassing, lifeless performances from several players who really are not up to FL standards (not their fault) a manager who is clearly not ready for managing a FL side and a Chairman that must be laughing his cock off at having got away with telling everyone up front that he's only in place to make a profit - and 99% of our sycophantic mug supporters think that's somehow OK because 'at least he admits it'.

And all this is going on while one half of the towns media has been told to fuck off, the other half is sucking him off, and  supporter groups are presumably either sitting on their arses or knitting fucking bog-roll covers while the shit continues.

The lack of leadership is fucking deafening lads. In the boardroom, on the terraces, in the pubs, on the radio and in the newspaper.

I appreciate that this rant gives a shoe-in for smart-arses like Tails to come up with some cocky bullshit about conspiracy theories, but there you go. 

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 00:07:39 »

Your posts are interesting.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 00:23:21 »

I love you Delta Cool
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 02:12:30 »

Power has invested invested in players. He's spent more on transfer fees than Black did.

But I'm not going there again as it's been done ad finitum already.

Not true though, see; Ritchie, Cox, Austin, Flint, Caddis, Ferry, Cuthbert, Foderingham, Rooney, Collins, Archibald-Henville, just off the top of my head.

Plus the (in)famous spend on wages.

Debunked.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 02:52:58 »

Had a bit of an epiphany today as I left the ground after 40 minutes and heads towards the Merlin. There was a time in my life when I would be heartbroken until Tuesday after a performance like that. Today I was sipping a Coors by the time the second half kicked off. This will probably sound daft but as I mosied up past the fire station I was thinking about the TEF, and the time I was so in love with the game, and the forum, that I was willing to shove myself in the back of Whits' Focus on a Tuesday night and go to Chesterfield to watch the boys. I'm sure you'll all miss me, especially Sutton Red, but as I thought about that I figured it was time to give the whole STFC thing the flick once and for all. Let's be fair it's utter shit isn't it? Fare well all.

FFS..... I'm sorry to read this....

We are becoming Meh Ultras.

This season is going to break a few and I'm fearful for next too....

Clems Army!
GL5 Red

« Reply #129 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 06:23:05 »

Amen, Delta Incline.

When i posted my concerns months and months ago about Power, the amount of embarrassing replies was laughable.  Posters such as Flashart were sarcastic, however from licking Power's ass, now cannot decide whether he is doing a good job or not.
When the reply earlier in this thread "Power invested more than Black", you just feel like banging your head against a brick wall.  Most clubs supporters would questioning the chairman, selling assets in the summer, then strategically selling the best player after an opening day hatrick, replacing with players who are way out their depth.
Power has made a handsome profit from Swindon Town, consequently loyal fans are suffering, i wonder if those still thinking he is this saviour will be happy when we are beaten by the likes of Oxford next season.  I can honestly say in 28 years, Lee Power has made me not want to attend Swindon Town which is very sad.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 07:10:51 »

I'm still in position where I can reassure myself that 2010-11 was far worse. Better owners, better squad, train wreck of a season. We even lost DV as a result of it.

Lee Power let last seasons moderate success go to his head. He started alienating too many areas involved with the club and as results were going well previously, he could get away with it. Currently, it's not going well and therefore questions have to be asked.

However, this season is nowhere near enough for me to throw a paddy and declare my lack of interest because the 'brand' isn't to my liking.

Perhaps I have a higher pain threshold when it comes to football? I should do, I support Swindon Town.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 07:15:14 »

I'm still in position where I can reassure myself that 2010-11 was far worse. Better owners, better squad, train wreck of a season. We even lost DV as a result of it.

Lee Power let last seasons moderate success go to his head. He started alienating too many areas involved with the club and as results were going well previously, he could get away with it. Currently, it's not going well and therefore questions have to be asked.

However, this season is nowhere near enough for me to throw a paddy and declare my lack of interest because the 'brand' isn't to my liking.

Perhaps I have a higher pain threshold when it comes to football? I should do, I support Swindon Town.
Agreed entirely and as far as owners go, Diamandis was far more toxic to the club than Power. A lot will depend on this summer and it has the potential to turn quite nasty next season.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 07:33:25 »

Agreed entirely and as far as owners go, Diamandis was far more toxic to the club than Power. A lot will depend on this summer and it has the potential to turn quite nasty next season.

Exactly and agreed.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 07:45:56 »

We've had 4 pretty decent/fun seasons and now we're having a desperately shit one. Not the worst ratio is it?

Certainly not worth melting down over of you've got a millimetre of perspective

Big summer ahead
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #134 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 07:46:54 »

ok, for what its worth i would answer NO!

Trouble is we didn't have a queue of potential investors waiting to buy the club.
One question to you, Jed or Power?
For what's is worth I'd have Power.

Has he done a good job? Well he has brought down the debt only a phenomenal end of season from Blackpool or Doncaster will see us go down. He isn't the richest chairman in the league what other option do we have?  
I'm as frustrated as everyone else, i dont wear glasses so they're not rose tinted but we do create chances and should have scored yesterday. But i dont like the thought of playing any of those coming up from division 4.
He needs to influence his contacts in the game and get more ex players on board with the investment we are so desperate for.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: