Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bury: Match Day Thread  (Read 51327 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:33:39 »

I'm genuinely indifferent to our current shitness, I don't think it's indicative of anything other than having nothing to play for.

If we were still in with a shout of the playoffs, or in serious threat of relegation, then I think we'd be seeing better performances. I also suspect we may have had fewer 'injuries' had we still had something to play for.  I'm not saying it's OK, because it's not, rather that's just the way I see it. I've not even bothered listening since the Wigan defeat. Not in protest, but I just find the games to be utterly meaningless and I'm sure the players must feel the same to some degree, they are just people after all. I think pre-season friendlies mean more as they give a glimpse as to what we might expect for the coming season.

We've been spoiled in a sense because our seasons usually go right to the wire whether it be promotion challenges or relegation battles. I'm not used to this meh-ness about games. I'll be glad to see the back of the season and look forward to the next, whatever it may bring.
I wish I had your confidence.
GL5 Red

« Reply #106 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:34:16 »

Fair comment Paul.  Like i said i will not be renewing, not because we are totally shit but because i am so frustrated with Power.  Fair play to those that have, i did not go today, first home game missed and spent day with family instead and did not miss the football one bit.  Sad really.  Unfortunately, know loads of lads, been going years who are rapidly losing interest and will pick and chose games next season.
Flashheart

« Reply #107 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:34:20 »

It's not confidence. It's meh-ness.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:48:47 »

No fucking fight in us

Nothing to play for and they battled for everything with a simple tactic. 9/10 times it failed but that's better than keep ball, knock it about and do fuck all.

Improved after they scored (which came from a shooting chance)...but poor luck meant we couldn't score and thus meh...

This match summed up our season.

I fucking hope and pray we stay up but we are clinging on.

I feel a majority have had enough and there is a lack of confidence....ST sales, signings etc etc will suffer.

Sadly gutted tonight.

Clems Army!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:50:51 »

It's not confidence. It's meh-ness.
But doesn't your men-ness come from being confident we are not going to get relegated?
Flashheart

« Reply #110 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:53:36 »

But doesn't your men-ness come from being confident we are not going to get relegated?

Oh, that much I am confident of. We're not going down. I'm sure of it and I think the players are sure of it too, hence the recent poor performances, and why I am indifferent to them.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:58:06 »

Oh, that much I am confident of. We're not going down. I'm sure of it and I think the players are sure of it too, hence the recent poor performances, and why I am indifferent to them.
I hope I can share in your meh-ness sooner rather than later!

Another Orient style last game of the season will suit me fine.

GL5 Red

« Reply #112 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:59:01 »

Flash, that is a concern re ticket sales will suffer but even if we sold the same number of season tickets Power's investment in players would be minimal.  
Flashheart

« Reply #113 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 21:01:36 »

Power has invested invested in players. He's spent more on transfer fees than Black did.

But I'm not going there again as it's been done ad finitum already.
GL5 Red

« Reply #114 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 21:03:47 »

Yes or no, simple answer, you think Power is doing a good job at Swindon Town?
Flashheart

« Reply #115 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 21:07:10 »

Ask me again at the end of next season.
GL5 Red

« Reply #116 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 21:57:46 »

ok, for what its worth i would answer NO!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #117 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 23:04:13 »

If it was anyone on here who found my phone today and handed it in to the club shop, thank you. As for the game Bury were totally shit and didn't need to get out of 2nd gear against us. I fear for us next season. Apart from Ajose and Beaks I don't think I give a fuck if any of the others go. No bottle, no passion, shit decision making, passengers. Turnbull is a fucking joke defender who kept playing them onside and has been consistently shit this season. He has fuck all physical presence and can't read the game. Nate Dog is a shadow of what he was. Branco at least puts in the effort most of the others lack but without decent players around him will look bad as he tries to cover the others. The midfield has been totally dogshit for a while now. Doughty is like Branco, he can look good and shit within the same 10 seconds. Louis like Nathan is a shadow of what he was. Both Barry and Brophy were absolute wank today. Bury just about got every cross they tried in the box while we managed about 3 all game. The lack of movement at throw ins and corners is fucking shocking. The lack of a physical presence is beyond bad. Ajose and Beaks are class acts at this level but both were feeding off scraps today.
We have been total bollox in a division that is total bollox. Unless Power does a lot of horse trading and brings in some leadership, defensive ability and steel into the team that allows us to man the fuck up and nick a clean sheet then there is every chance we will be fucked. One clean sheet at home all season says it all. 
DMR

« Reply #118 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 23:21:02 »

Had a bit of an epiphany today as I left the ground after 40 minutes and heads towards the Merlin. There was a time in my life when I would be heartbroken until Tuesday after a performance like that. Today I was sipping a Coors by the time the second half kicked off. This will probably sound daft but as I mosied up past the fire station I was thinking about the TEF, and the time I was so in love with the game, and the forum, that I was willing to shove myself in the back of Whits' Focus on a Tuesday night and go to Chesterfield to watch the boys. I'm sure you'll all miss me, especially Sutton Red, but as I thought about that I figured it was time to give the whole STFC thing the flick once and for all. Let's be fair it's utter shit isn't it? Fare well all.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 23:29:54 »

Had a bit of an epiphany today as I left the ground after 40 minutes and heads towards the Merlin. There was a time in my life when I would be heartbroken until Tuesday after a performance like that. Today I was sipping a Coors by the time the second half kicked off. This will probably sound daft but as I mosied up past the fire station I was thinking about the TEF, and the time I was so in love with the game, and the forum, that I was willing to shove myself in the back of Whits' Focus on a Tuesday night and go to Chesterfield to watch the boys. I'm sure you'll all miss me, especially Sutton Red, but as I thought about that I figured it was time to give the whole STFC thing the flick once and for all. Let's be fair it's utter shit isn't it? Fare well all.
Fuckin hell. Not you too?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: