Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bury: Match Day Thread  (Read 51342 times)
GL5 Red

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 19:53:57 »

Chippy feel for you, renewing your season ticket, my dad has as well but i can't stomach that every week.  I called this ages ago, no faith in Power what so ever, wish he had proved me wrong but we are nothing short of a disgrace.  Next season in terms of fixtures, this division has potential but unless Power starts doing the right thing, that is bringing in quality then we are destined for failure.  Feel as low as a snakes belly at the moment with regards to our football club.  Certainly cannot listen to Power's complete bull shit on the radio, that is keeping this shower of shit together.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 19:54:35 »

What was the deal with the lad in the Town End who lit a flare/smoke thingy and held on to it until the stewards finally noticed and kicked him out? We just kind of assumed he'd had enough of a shit game and wanted out.
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 19:59:51 »

yet another dull game, with an increasing sense of desperation as we slip closer to the trap door... yes we may survive but to finish the season in this shambles winless in 8 games is shocking and a clear indication of the failure of Powers model. Williams on a 5 year deal is as daft as Pardew deal at Newcastle was .... we need an experienced manager with some authority and motivation to drive the team forward like Ling had started to do (Williams should return to coaching).          Ive renewed my season ticket, but have genuine concerns how competitive our team  will be next season, especially if Ajose or Obika are the next players to be sold to fund Powers model. Rovers / Oxford and Plymouth will have bigger playing budgets if they come up and the prospect of them  turning us over with our current flyweight squad is not an inspiring thought.

ewsham Robin
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:01:29 »

What was the deal with the lad in the Town End who lit a flare/smoke thingy and held on to it until the stewards finally noticed and kicked him out? We just kind of assumed he'd had enough of a shit game and wanted out.

I didnt go but i saw the pictures of it. What a fucking prick, getting banned for pyro against Bury ffs
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:02:38 »

Apprently Power said on the radio we would struggle to keep Ajose and Obika due to what teams would offer them. Getting the excuses in early imo
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:06:28 »

I thought he was celebrating Kasim coming on as sub.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:16:02 »

He was clever, get banned and morally absolved of the guilt of not going next year.

That or one to many beers.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:18:20 »

Apprently Power said on the radio we would struggle to keep Ajose and Obika due to what teams would offer them. Getting the excuses in early imo

How can you "struggle to keep players" who have years to run and contract clauses attached?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:22:30 »

Aren't Obika and Ajose here for at least another year?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:24:47 »

Obika's deal runs out in the summer but we have an option on his contract to extend for a further year.

Ajose is not out of contract in the summer.
GL5 Red

« Reply #100 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:28:20 »

So when Power sells the two strikers, who will be the replacements, top scorer from Penhill reserves?  Does this man not understand fans will vote with their feet.   
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:30:11 »

Those two temporary pitches at the training ground aren't going to pay for themselves, so if bids come in for Obika, Ajose, Thompson et al then they will be sold.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:30:56 »

So when Power sells the two strikers, who will be the replacements, top scorer from Penhill reserves?  Does this man not understand fans will vote with their feet.  
I think he understands very well that most won't. That's the nature of being fans, you tend to stick with it (not having a pop at anyone who chooses not to, btw - I'd have paid good money for a flare so I could have been kicked out this afternoon)
Flashheart

« Reply #103 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:31:14 »

I'm genuinely indifferent to our current shitness, I don't think it's indicative of anything other than having nothing to play for.

If we were still in with a shout of the playoffs, or in serious threat of relegation, then I think we'd be seeing better performances. I also suspect we may have had fewer 'injuries' had we still had something to play for.  I'm not saying it's OK, because it's not, rather that's just the way I see it. I've not even bothered listening since the Wigan defeat. Not in protest, but I just find the games to be utterly meaningless and I'm sure the players must feel the same to some degree, they are just people after all. I think pre-season friendlies mean more as they give a glimpse as to what we might expect for the coming season.

We've been spoiled in a sense because our seasons usually go right to the wire whether it be promotion challenges or relegation battles. I'm not used to this meh-ness about games. I'll be glad to see the back of the season and look forward to the next, whatever it may bring.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 20:31:31 »

How can you "struggle to keep players" who have years to run and contract clauses attached?
Season ticket sales down. Balance the books. Sell before contracts run out. Clauses in contracts if x is offered by y. Blah blah blah.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: