Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bury: Match Day Thread  (Read 51165 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:05:37 »

0 wins in 8 now for Williams.

That 4 days off last week worked wonders!
GL5 Red

« Reply #61 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:06:23 »

Brad Barry offers nothing.  Cheap option just like the majority of that dross.  First home game missed and so glad i did.  Unless Power realises cheap is not the answer this will continue to happen.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:10:54 »

Is that since Williams was given a 5 year contract?

We are a fucking laughing stock at the moment.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:11:59 »

Brad Barry offers nothing.  Cheap option just like the majority of that dross.  First home game missed and so glad i did.  Unless Power realises cheap is not the answer this will continue to happen.

He's out leading 'assister' this season. Perhaps if we changed our tactics and formation every now and then we might be able to utilise him differently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
GL5 Red

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:16:46 »

Do you think he has the ability to be a professional footballer?  He is slow, cannot beat a man, no skill...Oh he is not the only one, there are others robbing a living.  Very depressing.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:17:47 »

Woeful result again with a much better side out.

Apparently Robert was warming up alone before the game, sounds like there is something badly wrong there.

The sooner this season is over the better.

We more or less finished with our strongest team give or take a player.

Robert was warming up late on and when it became obvious he wasn't coming on, he kicked several water bottles over before going back to the bench.

We were a bit unlucky, hitting the post and bar and should have had at least 1 penalty.  Too slow and ponderous though, no real urgency at throw ins etc.  

5 defeats in the last 6 games says it all really.  We're really not very good.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:21:42 »

Power should have stuck to his original plan to give Williams til the end of the season and then take stock.  As things stand atm, I think you'd say best for him to return to coach and get in someone who can "manage"

Losing in a game, where you must at least avoid a defeat, to a side who've nothing to play for and are generally poor on the road is frankly the stuff of a side deserving relegation, as it shows a lack of commitment to the cause.

Today was our chance to get to 52, it's very difficult to make a case for picking up another point this season....although Donny beating Wigan does show that sometimes weird results happen.
Flashheart

« Reply #67 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:23:39 »

So has Bob thrown a Frenchy then?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:26:23 »

We more or less finished with our strongest team give or take a player.

Robert was warming up late on and when it became obvious he wasn't coming on, he kicked several water bottles over before going back to the bench.

We were a bit unlucky, hitting the post and bar and should have had at least 1 penalty.  Too slow and ponderous though, no real urgency at throw ins etc.   

5 defeats in the last 6 games says it all really.  We're really not very good.

Robert is far an away our most creative player in my eyes, I cannot for the life of me fathom why we can't accommodate him yet have given daisy Rodgers way more game time than is deserved.

At least we have a nice easy game on Tuesday.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:27:12 »

Didn't deserve to lose that today but we did (always liable to concede at the moment). The reality is we're in 16th which is where we deserve to be regardless of what some may think. We won't go down!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:36:44 »

Has our fearless leader done his post match interview yet? If so what did he say?
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:42:37 »

Bury are an inept bag of shit, unfortunately, we were worse. don't let hitting the woodwork twice give this game a false prospective. this was dire.
uninspired tactics.
poor execution of passes.
no desire in the challenge.
little urgency.
our throw ins and corners are not an advantage. (to us)
On the upside, I've only got to watch this bag of shit twice more and then I can wash my hands of them.
How is Power going to subsidise the lost season ticket money without any star players to shift over the summer? That surely must be the question on everybody's lips?  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:44:13 »

Well, with luck we could have won that.

But we didn't really deserve it because we played shit after the first 15. Branco was given a free role, and the back three of Thompson, Brophy and Turnbull looked susceptible every time Bury broke. Mainly because the midfield clearly didn't have a clue who was playing defensively and just let the Bury counterparts get goal side of them every fucking break.

The goal was a crap one to concede. Cross, header, goal.

Utter shite. Hope we stay up and then I can fotget all about this season which has been a reverse shit sanswhich, shit for the beginning and end of the season and a period of OK in the middle.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:44:40 »

How is Power going to subsidise the lost season ticket money without any star players to shift over the summer? That surely must be the question on everybody's lips?  

Easy....Ajose's got to be worth a mill of someone's money.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 16:48:34 »

No wonder Robert is pissed off not getting into this team. He hasn't really lived up to expectations but surely would have offered us something for last 20/25 minutes today. Bury didn't deserve to win and neither did we. With Obika back we at least had some presenceup front even if he clearly wasn't fully fit. Doughty very unlucky with effort that hit post but no real sense that we were going to turn the game around as we did earlier on after going behind to Southend, Blackpool, Wigan and Millwall.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: