Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power...  (Read 49534 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 19:07:57 »

Chang has spoken.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 19:12:11 »

Fucking hell, there is some shite in here!
Do you understand the concept of irony?
Flashheart

« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 19:13:28 »

He's actually right though. Even a broken watch is right twice a day.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 20:30:47 »

Reality check friends.

The PL is a closed shop unless you have an exceptionally generous Andrew Black type prepared to "spunk millions" on a gamble to get there and not bottle it beforehand. I doubt Power has those millions to "spunk away" on a gamble.

So the next gamble is on the Championship. Which would be an exit plan. To sustain an outside chance of getting there an owner will need to "spunk away millions less" until it works or they lose their bottle, money or enthusiasm.

What Power is gambling on, and i cannot blame him in his stringent fiscal mantra of sustainability, which limits exposure to his capitol being "spunked away, is on young players who have potential to recoup the investment and some to keep the fiscal sustainabilty going every season.

You could argue that every smaller club like Swindon does the same, indeed they do, though i'd venture to suggest not to the degree we currently are.

Then the process starts again with new owners if it doesn't. Fellow TEF followers i give you groundhog day every season until see paragraph two.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 20:45:17 by Red and Proud » Logged
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 20:48:32 »

Both chants spread into the DRS as well, although thankfully the Di Canio one quickly died on it's arse as people realised (or were told) the stupidity of what they were chanting for
The Paolo chant was grumbled at in the TE too. Yes, stupid in that he will never come back unless both he and Power compromise their principles dramatically, and no, not stupid in the sense that Paolo would never have stood for such god-awful, gutless, incompetent, work-shy individual and team performances on the pitch.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 21:33:22 »

The Paolo chant was grumbled at in the TE too. Yes, stupid in that he will never come back unless both he and Power compromise their principles dramatically, and no, not stupid in the sense that Paolo would never have stood for such god-awful, gutless, incompetent, work-shy individual and team performances on the pitch.
Nice to see a reasoned argument to the PDC chant.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 21:52:47 »

I boo-urnsed at the end. I'm sorry TEF, frustration crept out.

So did I and Josh delighted in following suit.  Poor parenting. Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 22:33:38 »

Fucking hell, there is some shite in here!

Go on then, what's the latest?
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 02:03:12 »

Fuck sake. No to PDC. I can't throw another strop.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 07:47:24 »

Where is Paolo hiding these days out of interest??
In one of his many mansions around the globe no doubt??
Panda Paws

« Reply #160 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 08:43:24 »

I can't even begin to fathom why anyone would want that arsehole back. Granted, we had a good season with him but I would have got us promoted with that budget in League 2. The man's completely moronic and a bully. Speak to anyone inside the club - office staff, the media boys etc - when he was here, see if they'd have him back....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 09:07:55 »

because if you isolate out all that you say and just concentrate on the 90 minutes on the pitch it was a fucking brilliant time to be a town fan. the best I can remember since hoddle/Ossie.

and that is how some fans think. you must remember that from when the trust tried to explain the knife edge the club was on when diamandis was in charge - 'busybodies' was a term that was supported by a fair few.
lambourn red

« Reply #162 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 09:35:58 »

because if you isolate out all that you say and just concentrate on the 90 minutes on the pitch it was a fucking brilliant time to be a town fan. the best I can remember since hoddle/Ossie.

and that is how some fans think. you must remember that from when the trust tried to explain the knife edge the club was on when diamandis was in charge - 'busybodies' was a term that was supported by a fair few.

Correct , most informed fans knew what was going on and how close we came to oblivion with the uncontrolled spending but many many more casual supporters only see what happened on the pitch we won the League and arguable were 3 months away from repeating the feat before Black got cold feet and the rest is history.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 09:39:14 »

Can I just clarify I don't want Paolo back - I was just wondering if anyone knew where he is or what he's up too these days out of interest
Talk Talk

« Reply #164 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 09:55:30 »

Correct , most informed fans knew what was going on and how close we came to oblivion with the uncontrolled spending but many many more casual supporters only see what happened on the pitch we won the League and arguable were 3 months away from repeating the feat before Black got cold feet and the rest is history.

Are you suggesting that Black had spent so much money on STFC that he could no longer afford socks?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: