Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power...  (Read 48517 times)
GL5 Red

« on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 14:47:25 »

At long last i have started to read others agreeing with me "sell players for millions and replace with freebies".  Power has literally sold every player worth watching and replaced with utter dross.  Cooper is rightly being criticised but its about time Power got the same.  Branco is our captain...he is average at best, we are so poor it is depressing and yet you hear Power talking about the need for bigger home attendances, is this man deluded?  He talks about having the lowest wage bill in league 1, thats great, certainly not the lowest season ticket price at £430.  We are heading one way, just wondering how much more Power will make before he calls it a day.
If we are not careful we will be league 2 with home attendances around the 4,000 mark.

manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 14:50:11 »

Suicide
GL5 Red

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 15:01:25 »

so you are happy for Power to line his pockets then fuck off, Manc Red?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 15:05:18 »

At long last i have started to read others agreeing with me "sell players for millions and replace with freebies".  Power has literally sold every player worth watching and replaced with utter dross.  Cooper is rightly being criticised but its about time Power got the same.  Branco is our captain...he is average at best, we are so poor it is depressing and yet you hear Power talking about the need for bigger home attendances, is this man deluded?  He talks about having the lowest wage bill in league 1, thats great, certainly not the lowest season ticket price at £430.  We are heading one way, just wondering how much more Power will make before he calls it a day.
If we are not careful we will be league 2 with home attendances around the 4,000 mark.

We've sold 3 players, for good money having had good service out of them, absolutely the right thing to have done.

We've been in Div 4 before with gates of fewer than 4,000....it can happen we're Swindon Town. I'll still be there, as I was before.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 15:08:44 »

Congratulations on the fact people agree with you
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 15:09:23 »

We had our highest position for years last year. The money made from player sales will give us our own training ground and keep things ticking over financially. The replacement players have been a bit disappointing but still too early to say on that, we've only just made it into October. Perhaps show a little patience while the team sorts itself out?
Flashheart

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 15:11:23 »

Again? Really?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 15:17:12 »

so you are happy for Power to line his pockets then fuck off, Manc Red?

By "line his pockets" do you mean take back part of the millions of his own money he invested to keep us afloat? We don't even know if he has taken any serious amount of money back.

By "then fuck off" I guess I must have missed that news

Barry Scott

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 15:29:38 »

Look, don't disagree with him because that means we're in a clique and the forum's ganging up on him. Amazing thread though.
GL5 Red

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 15:34:38 »

Amazing thread?? You are probably a happier clapper that will accept watching any old dross.  Baffles me, we have fans who would be happy watching us slide down the league without a fight. As for the ganging up statement, behave.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 15:36:54 »

Who, realistically, would you rather was running our club at the moment? Jed? Andrew Black is coming back any time soon I'm afraid.
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 15:52:35 »

You are probably a happier clapper that will accept watching any old dross.  Baffles me, we have fans who would be happy watching us slide down the league without a fight.

So then, basically, if somebody does not agree with you then they are happy we are struggling?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 16:01:47 »

Fuck me is this meltdown weekend?

I am sure Power would be delighted if people want to pop a few million in to the club, then you can all share the millions he is apparently trousering!
Trini

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 16:41:31 »

Please come back from Never never land and get real.

I've been a season tkt holder in good times and the really bad times in the early eighties.

This football club has always been a selling club, even when 18-20 thousand people came through the turnstiles.

I have been lucky to witness a League Cup win and the magic of MaCari, Ardiles Hoddle etc but unless we are bang rolled by someone with more money than sense we will always be a small time club based in SN1 who from time to time experience some magic.

Real Football fans follow their home town club. Unfortunately SKY has put too much money into the game and made it vile, corrupt and easy to jump on the band wagon and follow the big time Charlie's in the a Premier League.

If you don't like what Lee Power is doing, join the Prawn Sandwich brigade and get fleeced by the Premier League.

Rant over

69 ...... my favourite number.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 17:03:46 »

nobody really knows the current financial state, I'd assume with most that the statement of breakeven is true, and that monies taken out by power do not exceed monies in.

hopefully the club will be transparent when the time comes.

the footballing side has been put together largely on the cheap, and that is risky. but isn't that the reality of breakeven?

long term the thing that made me wonder what the future holds is seeing a club like Tranmere in the conference. if it can happen to them it can happen to pretty much anyone in the bottom leagues..

not yet the time to worry about such things.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: