Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GL5Red versus Flashheart!  (Read 42593 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 19:45:24 »

The test is what we do this summer - unlikely we'll see big departures of anyone significant, so we can judge our in-comings on whether they improve us or not.  If we hit late august and look like we do now, we can probably begin to justify complaints from the fanbase, but if we see a couple of signings that on the face of it create greater depth and strength in the squad, Power will have shown he has learned.

This will be contingent on whether we're Div 3 or Div 4....I don't think Power is one to stand in the way of a player seeking more money, and another trip to the basement may well see an exodus of the few players who are worth keeping.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 20:47:23 »

Judging by his username I'm guessing GL5 is from Stroud, do you get the train on match days? Quite an odd selection of supporters get on at Stroud and most don't seem to have a clue what they are on about....
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 20:54:15 »

Remember glos_red? He was a super grumpy/pessimistic Swindon Town fan.

Perhaps there's something about living in that county?
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 20:58:10 by Costanza » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 22:06:22 »

I've missed threads like this. Dexter80?
Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 22:16:28 »

I don't even know what the original tantrum stems from. It's like having one of those girlfriends that remembers even the slightest thing months later and you're clueless as to what the flying fuck they're talking about. Except it's not really at all like having a girlfriend. OK, poor analogy, but you know what I mean.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 23:10:41 »

Fucking hell, the special bus crashed somewhere this weekend on the way home from mongo world. And they have all found keyboards.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 08:38:37 »

I hardly ever go nowadays and when I do don't get worked up about it whatever happens. Pretty much a shrug shoulders, whatever attitude for me.
I can only speak for myself but people's lives and priorities change. Football isn't very important to me anymore. I still have a look on here as Swindon are still my team so I want to read stuff about the club and I like reading non football posts on the forum too but that's as far as it goes.

This is spot on..

Why is it hard to work out why fans don't go to games but still come on a forum?  Strange...  That's like saying if you don't watch football why would you watch the results?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 08:47:31 »

We were £5m in debt? Where did that come from when Black wiped the debt out.

And according to the accounts we were virtually debt free before we sold those players

Black also left behind a plethora of players on silly money who had fairly long contacts, the club had to pay them and sadly magic beans were not applicable as salary payments?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 08:50:17 »

This will be contingent on whether we're Div 3 or Div 4....I don't think Power is one to stand in the way of a player seeking more money, and another trip to the basement may well see an exodus of the few players who are worth keeping.

But a trip to the basement will also see crowds dropping, less revenue and likely Power having to lose money by ploughing more cash in, that sounds like a win win for many of our supporters?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 08:50:27 »

I'm entitled to my opinion and nobody can tell me otherwise. Whether they want to pay attention to it is another matter. Football in general has lost it's appeal to me from, what were for me, the good old days. Still look out for results and hope the team/club can achieve something. I will probably go again, just not at the moment.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 08:53:40 »

This is spot on..

Why is it hard to work out why fans don't go to games but still come on a forum?  Strange...  That's like saying if you don't watch football why would you watch the results?

But the TEF isn't a 'normal' forum. The clue is in the headline..

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 08:54:59 »

I haven't been to a home game for about 10 years as its a 460 mile round trip and as noted by others I also have a young family to spend time with - plus from reading on here I am not sure I would be that bothered to sit surrounded by people moaning for 95 minutes - I do however get to 2-3 away games most seasons, however in light of the comments on here I will get a note from my mum to justify it so I can be considered a real supporter!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 09:00:02 »

I haven't been to a home game for about 10 years as its a 460 mile round trip and as noted by others I also have a young family to spend time with - plus from reading on here I am not sure I would be that bothered to sit surrounded by people moaning for 95 minutes - I do however get to 2-3 away games most seasons, however in light of the comments on here I will get a note from my mum to justify it so I can be considered a real supporter!

Is living that far away not about finances then? Because I'm pretty sure if I lived that far away I wouldn't be able to afford to go, which is exactly what I referred to in my original post.

Separately, maybe it's because I haven't fallen out of love with it yet, but I personally just feel if I didn't care enough to go (solely down to not being arsed) , I wouldn't care enough to see what other people have got to say about it.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 09:11:50 »

Is living that far away not about finances then? Because I'm pretty sure if I lived that far away I wouldn't be able to afford to go, which is exactly what I referred to in my original post.

Separately, maybe it's because I haven't fallen out of love with it yet, but I personally just feel if I didn't care enough to go (solely down to not being arsed) , I wouldn't care enough to see what other people have got to say about it.

Its a bit of both, I would probably get down for a couple of games a year by coinciding with trips to see mates/family etc, but the journey with a 3 year old would be murder and to be honest most of them come to us anywhere as they can combine a Lake District holiday with where we live.

I must confess on a wider scale I won't say I have fallen out of love with it, but I have other priorities and as I get older I realise there are more important things to worry about (doesn't mean I don't care, just has to fit in with loads of other stuff!).

In terms of being on here, I must confess working from home as I do it's often the only opportunity I have to rant about stuff with other grown ups (as I do the wife's head in and Ellie is only 3!).
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 09:15:53 »

I feel it's a bit of a reaction to being 'hurt'. Of course you still care, but you try and convince yourself you don't so watching us play shit and lose every week doesn't affect you.

Sam Morshead is a good example of this. Says he's not a supporter anymore, yet writes a huge article about it, gets involved with the Trust, posts on the forum and comments on the games on match days. I know how he feels as I was exactly the same after we lost at Preston! Essentially it's a grown up temper tantrum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: