Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MARK MARSHALL: Malpas better hurry...  (Read 9300 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 19:42:04 »

Exactly thats how competition in teams works. Defo improvement from JPM today.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 21:23:45 »

Top comment on that story sums it up for me. We should never have bothered with Betsy. From reading what MM was saying in today's Adver it was almost like he was never really going to sign. So why did we even bother in the first place? Should have just signed Marshall there and then. If he turns us down can't say i blame him.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 21:27:33 »

It's obvious isn't it, Southend were more desperate for a RW than we were so they offered him more money.

Is he better than JPM? Well, he's different, but anything else is debatable.

When Roberts is fit, on top form, and up for it, then he is better than Betsy could ever be.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 21:31:32 »

What I found odd about Malpas this summer is that he's been absolutely desperate to keep his targets a secret until the deal was done but on 3 different players he's named them and it's fallen through pretty soon after! I think Charlie Mulgrew was probably the closest we got to signing any of them.

If Mark Marshall opts for a potentially Conference bound club then so be it - he'd be no major loss... Neither Myrie-Williams or Anyinsah (both the type of player MM is looking) played for their clubs today and we know that Malpas is waiting on someone. I believe that's where Malpas' priorities lie. Marshall's arrival would simply add a little extra.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, August 10, 2008, 16:26:03 »

What I found odd about Malpas this summer is that he's been absolutely desperate to keep his targets a secret until the deal was done but on 3 different players he's named them and it's fallen through pretty soon after! I think Charlie Mulgrew was probably the closest we got to signing any of them.

If Mark Marshall opts for a potentially Conference bound club then so be it - he'd be no major loss... Neither Myrie-Williams or Anyinsah (both the type of player MM is looking) played for their clubs today and we know that Malpas is waiting on someone. I believe that's where Malpas' priorities lie. Marshall's arrival would simply add a little extra.

I think you will find that it is the press that usually finds out who the player is and Malpas hasn't got a lot of choice but to confirm it
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 09:13:05 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.2421970.0.marshall_poised_to_sign_for_town.php

looks likey to sign in next 48 hours
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 09:28:43 »

He's a bit raw. We are both taking a bit of a gamble. He could easily stay in the conference comfort zone. We don't know if he'll hack it in league football.

I'm not sure he will improve the squad immediately but he has a year to develop and improve. He seems to have a great attitude and wants to play for us.

Good luck to the lad if he signs.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 13:07:27 »

I liked the quotes from Fitzroy Simpson - I know it's an agent talking up his client but I am a sucker for former players saying things like "...been approached by Bournemouth but I'm selfish in this instance and he's got to come to Swindon. He's got to help my town out."
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 13:26:56 »

As a ex-town player once told me "Fitzroy's a complete knob, but you can't help but like the bloke". 
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 14:41:34 »

Getting the best deal for his client which is surely L1 football and probably a bit more money than Bournemouth surely
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 18:42:37 »

Just as an aside, I notice the Adver discribed Fitz as a 'Town Legend'. Absolutely no way. I've nothing against the bloke but he's a former player. Nothing more, nothing less. Simply having turned out for the club does not make you a legend. By that token, Aaron Brown is a Town Legend Huh?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 18:50:53 »

I agree - but to compare Fitzroy to that Lincoln legend is unfair.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 19:10:22 »

I think we all know that "legend" is used far to often these days.  Seems that some can't talk about previous good players without them coming out giving them legendary status.
flammableBen

« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 19:19:27 »

Parkin was barely a historical rumour. Bobby Howe on the other hand was full on Mythological.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 10:48:19 »

According to my sources, Eastleigh have accepted Towns offer for Mark Marshall and he will sign in the next 48hrs.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: